Becoming a veterinary assistant?

Breed: Great Pyrenees
I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches me to become one and you get a diploma at the end. Should I continue this route or how should I go about this? Thank you for your time.

I am always unsure about how to advise people when they ask me about becoming a vet assistant.

The main problem is that you really are not going to make much money. In most veterinary practices there are only a few possible positions - veterinarian, technician, and receptionist. In our practice, some of our receptionists have taken courses to become a vet assistant. However they do not make any more money than the other receptionists.

Taking this course may help you to get a veterinary receptionist job, but that is about it.

If you really want to go to school to work with animals you may consider becoming a veterinary technician.

It's possible that other areas have different pay schedules if you have completed this course, but I wouldn't count on making a lot of money after graduation.

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (14322 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (39069 views)

Cat with bald belly. Our cat (6 years old) has bitten off the hair on her stomach. Our vet (in Latvia)... (12413 views)

Why did my cat die? my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when... (9922 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (54313 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (7526 views)

Sick Golden Dr., I try to keep this short: My kids golden, 7+ years old, got lyme like 3... (6932 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (12420 views)

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (7160 views)

FIV positive and diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie - I took in a semi feral cat about six weeks ago. He is FIV+. He has... (17228 views)