Arthritis medicines for cats.

Breed: Miane Coon mix
Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat. All blood work is excellent but arthritis. My vet recommends .1ml per day oral dose.Is this enough? I am assuming that the premixed liquid dose they dispense is probably 1.5mg per cc but not sure.Thanks,also would you gs gtell me what you think of Zeel by Heel tablets homeopathic tablets and what the daily dose would be? I have heard it can be very safe for both dog s and cats but not sure of dose.

Hi Sue. Unfortunately I can't legally give dosage information over the internet.

Generally though cats need a very small dose of Metacam (meloxicam) in order to help arthritis. I will often have cats on just one or two drops from the bottle once a day or even every other day and this is usually safe and effective for arthritis. You will read stuff online about Metacam being dangerous to a cat's kidneys, but the oral formulation is actually very safe.

I am not familiar with Zeel by Heel tablets. I did do a search for you in some veterinary archives and found that there are some homeopathic/natural veterinarians that do recommend it to help with arthritis so this is encouraging news. It is believed to be safe. But, because it is not an FDA regulated drug there are no clinical studies to prove it is safe.

I wish I could be more helpful on dosages but unfortunately I do not know the dose that would be given to a cat. (Plus, if I did I can't legally discuss dosages over the internet.)

Ideally it would be best to have a consult with a homeopathic vet if you can find one near you.

I hope that Sam is feeling better soon,

Red lesion on whippet's leg. Hi there. My whippet gets a little crazy sometimes running in the backyard. I... (6410 views)

Cat has a sore mouth. My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but... (17744 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (19925 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (26810 views)

Should I neuter him? My male chihuahua follows my female Lhasa Apso all around the house. The Lhasa does... (6492 views)

Dog had large tumor and died. Our dog Jessie, just passed away suddenly on Friday morning. She went off on her... (12504 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (22030 views)

Swollen ankle. On 4/10/12 our dog was running down the hallway as usual and slipped as usual cause... (4599 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (7558 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (5446 views)