Arthritis medicines for cats.

Breed: Miane Coon mix
Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat. All blood work is excellent but arthritis. My vet recommends .1ml per day oral dose.Is this enough? I am assuming that the premixed liquid dose they dispense is probably 1.5mg per cc but not sure.Thanks,also would you gs gtell me what you think of Zeel by Heel tablets homeopathic tablets and what the daily dose would be? I have heard it can be very safe for both dog s and cats but not sure of dose.

Hi Sue. Unfortunately I can't legally give dosage information over the internet.

Generally though cats need a very small dose of Metacam (meloxicam) in order to help arthritis. I will often have cats on just one or two drops from the bottle once a day or even every other day and this is usually safe and effective for arthritis. You will read stuff online about Metacam being dangerous to a cat's kidneys, but the oral formulation is actually very safe.

I am not familiar with Zeel by Heel tablets. I did do a search for you in some veterinary archives and found that there are some homeopathic/natural veterinarians that do recommend it to help with arthritis so this is encouraging news. It is believed to be safe. But, because it is not an FDA regulated drug there are no clinical studies to prove it is safe.

I wish I could be more helpful on dosages but unfortunately I do not know the dose that would be given to a cat. (Plus, if I did I can't legally discuss dosages over the internet.)

Ideally it would be best to have a consult with a homeopathic vet if you can find one near you.

I hope that Sam is feeling better soon,

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (35654 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (7492 views)

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (13333 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (11814 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (7847 views)

Bump on tail tip. I noticed a small bump near the very end of my dog's tail, about 1/2 inch wide. She... (39270 views)

Kittens with diarrhea We have kept the 5 kittens born to our momma cat. [they will be "fixed" when it is... (9744 views)

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (9058 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (12252 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (74724 views)