Arthritis medicines for cats.

Breed: Miane Coon mix
Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat. All blood work is excellent but arthritis. My vet recommends .1ml per day oral dose.Is this enough? I am assuming that the premixed liquid dose they dispense is probably 1.5mg per cc but not sure.Thanks,also would you gs gtell me what you think of Zeel by Heel tablets homeopathic tablets and what the daily dose would be? I have heard it can be very safe for both dog s and cats but not sure of dose.

Hi Sue. Unfortunately I can't legally give dosage information over the internet.

Generally though cats need a very small dose of Metacam (meloxicam) in order to help arthritis. I will often have cats on just one or two drops from the bottle once a day or even every other day and this is usually safe and effective for arthritis. You will read stuff online about Metacam being dangerous to a cat's kidneys, but the oral formulation is actually very safe.

I am not familiar with Zeel by Heel tablets. I did do a search for you in some veterinary archives and found that there are some homeopathic/natural veterinarians that do recommend it to help with arthritis so this is encouraging news. It is believed to be safe. But, because it is not an FDA regulated drug there are no clinical studies to prove it is safe.

I wish I could be more helpful on dosages but unfortunately I do not know the dose that would be given to a cat. (Plus, if I did I can't legally discuss dosages over the internet.)

Ideally it would be best to have a consult with a homeopathic vet if you can find one near you.

I hope that Sam is feeling better soon,

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (7895 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (13374 views)

Bad breath he has bad breath is there a way to look after it without the vet... (7805 views)

Red bugs on my dog. my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I... (14457 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (16230 views)

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (194664 views)

Boxer collapsed. Last saturday our female 1 year old boxer collapsed and her gums went very pale. We... (11759 views)

Dog died suddenly. Dr. Marie - We had a Yorkshire Terrier (would have been 12 years old in August).... (69067 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. I have a 4mo old kitten who has had diarrhea 2 days and threw up last night. No... (5695 views)

Why use jugular vein? Why would my vet take blood out of the neck (jugler (?) vein)? In most cases I've... (18027 views)