Arthritis medicines for cats.

Breed: Miane Coon mix
Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat. All blood work is excellent but arthritis. My vet recommends .1ml per day oral dose.Is this enough? I am assuming that the premixed liquid dose they dispense is probably 1.5mg per cc but not sure.Thanks,also would you gs gtell me what you think of Zeel by Heel tablets homeopathic tablets and what the daily dose would be? I have heard it can be very safe for both dog s and cats but not sure of dose.

Hi Sue. Unfortunately I can't legally give dosage information over the internet.

Generally though cats need a very small dose of Metacam (meloxicam) in order to help arthritis. I will often have cats on just one or two drops from the bottle once a day or even every other day and this is usually safe and effective for arthritis. You will read stuff online about Metacam being dangerous to a cat's kidneys, but the oral formulation is actually very safe.

I am not familiar with Zeel by Heel tablets. I did do a search for you in some veterinary archives and found that there are some homeopathic/natural veterinarians that do recommend it to help with arthritis so this is encouraging news. It is believed to be safe. But, because it is not an FDA regulated drug there are no clinical studies to prove it is safe.

I wish I could be more helpful on dosages but unfortunately I do not know the dose that would be given to a cat. (Plus, if I did I can't legally discuss dosages over the internet.)

Ideally it would be best to have a consult with a homeopathic vet if you can find one near you.

I hope that Sam is feeling better soon,

Brown spots on puppy's belly. Hi Doctor. I've noticed an area along my puppies belly down to her private area... (42826 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (18492 views)

Dog suddenly needy. Austin is 7. He is a shelter dog. I've had him since he was 2-ish. He was diagnosed... (34366 views)

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (21710 views)

Dog licking at penis. Hi doc- Little background- Austin is 4- very active, outgoing. He has Addison's... (260673 views)

Sardine treats for my cat. Is this recipe for cat treats safe for my cat? 3/4 cup dry, whole wheat bread... (6852 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and worried about my two cats. I know how to avoid... (4373 views)

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (21336 views)

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (9223 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (21197 views)