Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: chihuahua / mini pin
my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and the male were separate once she got back into heat now she looks like she gaining weight but I'm not sure and shes now producing milk which she wasn't before could this be a sign of pregnancy again ?

It does sound like your dog might be pregnant again. There is no quick pregnancy test for dogs like there is for humans.

Signs of pregnancy in dogs include:

• Mild stomach upset (vomiting, diarrhea) around 3 weeks into the pregnancy

• Large mammary glands

• Milk production (usually happens late in the pregnancy)

• Large abdomen

However, many dogs who have these symptoms are actually having a false pregnancy. A false pregnancy can happen if a dog was in heat but did not get bred.

In your case though if the male and the female were not separated then it sounds like she is pregnant again.

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (11259 views)

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (14065 views)

Blue lump on dog's belly. Around Christmas, I noticed a blue-tinted bump, about 3 mm in diameter, on my dog's... (23536 views)

When can my dog see other dogs? How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of... (7558 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (4926 views)

Handling newborn kittens. Hello, My cat has recently had kittens. I think they are a day old. She had... (9309 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (10987 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (11653 views)

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (14339 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (7440 views)