Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: chihuahua / mini pin
my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and the male were separate once she got back into heat now she looks like she gaining weight but I'm not sure and shes now producing milk which she wasn't before could this be a sign of pregnancy again ?

It does sound like your dog might be pregnant again. There is no quick pregnancy test for dogs like there is for humans.

Signs of pregnancy in dogs include:

• Mild stomach upset (vomiting, diarrhea) around 3 weeks into the pregnancy

• Large mammary glands

• Milk production (usually happens late in the pregnancy)

• Large abdomen

However, many dogs who have these symptoms are actually having a false pregnancy. A false pregnancy can happen if a dog was in heat but did not get bred.

In your case though if the male and the female were not separated then it sounds like she is pregnant again.

Swollen eyelid. My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had... (17965 views)

Puppy leaking urine. My puppy seems to be going pee while he sleeps .. He's 7 weeks old. Is this normal?... (9619 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (28227 views)

Sudden death in papillon My Doctor, I had a six year old female Papillon. She was in seemingly perfect and... (8241 views)

Wound on cat's leg. Sydney is an indoor/outdoor cat. Last week he got a cut on his front leg. I was... (20402 views)

Get rid of parvo virus. I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know,... (26519 views)

3 week old kitten with diarrhea. i have a kitten that is 3 weeks old and she has diarrhea and also i wanted to know... (13430 views)

Does dog saliva heal a wound? Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that when your dog instinctlively licks a... (8156 views)

Keep ringworm positive cat secluded? Hello. My vet thought my cat caught ringworm from another cat who had it. He had... (5637 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (24623 views)