Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: chihuahua / mini pin
my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and the male were separate once she got back into heat now she looks like she gaining weight but I'm not sure and shes now producing milk which she wasn't before could this be a sign of pregnancy again ?

It does sound like your dog might be pregnant again. There is no quick pregnancy test for dogs like there is for humans.

Signs of pregnancy in dogs include:

• Mild stomach upset (vomiting, diarrhea) around 3 weeks into the pregnancy

• Large mammary glands

• Milk production (usually happens late in the pregnancy)

• Large abdomen

However, many dogs who have these symptoms are actually having a false pregnancy. A false pregnancy can happen if a dog was in heat but did not get bred.

In your case though if the male and the female were not separated then it sounds like she is pregnant again.

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (13038 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (25871 views)

Swollen carpal pad. Dear Dr. Marie: About 5 weeks ago, my wife and I noticed that the carpal pad on our... (38145 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My cat seems to be ill. It's been a few days that starts sneezing. Now its... (7094 views)

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (44679 views)

Drinking and urinating more. my dog is drinking so much water lately.and she is also leaving large wet spots on... (9209 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (126307 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (23905 views)

Red dots on dog's abdomen. Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It... (7571 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis? Repeat Customer: Hi Dr, I spoke to you last Friday (through email) week... (18165 views)