Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: chihuahua / mini pin
my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and the male were separate once she got back into heat now she looks like she gaining weight but I'm not sure and shes now producing milk which she wasn't before could this be a sign of pregnancy again ?

It does sound like your dog might be pregnant again. There is no quick pregnancy test for dogs like there is for humans.

Signs of pregnancy in dogs include:

• Mild stomach upset (vomiting, diarrhea) around 3 weeks into the pregnancy

• Large mammary glands

• Milk production (usually happens late in the pregnancy)

• Large abdomen

However, many dogs who have these symptoms are actually having a false pregnancy. A false pregnancy can happen if a dog was in heat but did not get bred.

In your case though if the male and the female were not separated then it sounds like she is pregnant again.

Red sores on mouth. My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get... (18560 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (8801 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (18322 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (28976 views)

Rest for cruciate tears. Is there any unequivical, clinical evidence of a positive effect of... (13759 views)

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (43840 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (11292 views)

Not using litter box. For the past several months she has decided to stop using the litter box to poop in.... (13902 views)

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (8055 views)

Puppy ate grapes. My puppy ate 3 grapes. About 24 hours ago. What do I need to watch for? She is 9... (16762 views)