Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: chihuahua / mini pin
my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and the male were separate once she got back into heat now she looks like she gaining weight but I'm not sure and shes now producing milk which she wasn't before could this be a sign of pregnancy again ?

It does sound like your dog might be pregnant again. There is no quick pregnancy test for dogs like there is for humans.

Signs of pregnancy in dogs include:

• Mild stomach upset (vomiting, diarrhea) around 3 weeks into the pregnancy

• Large mammary glands

• Milk production (usually happens late in the pregnancy)

• Large abdomen

However, many dogs who have these symptoms are actually having a false pregnancy. A false pregnancy can happen if a dog was in heat but did not get bred.

In your case though if the male and the female were not separated then it sounds like she is pregnant again.

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (11829 views)

Cat vomits regularly. My 4year old cat has been throwing up over the past two months. 99% is food. ( dry... (5839 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (13861 views)

Head tremors and clingy dog. For the first time in 12 years my dog has started following me around obsessively... (9413 views)

Limping boston terrier. hi my boston terrier wont put any weight on his back right foot. It started of only... (24162 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (12228 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (8621 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (32781 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (5416 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (10233 views)