Pale gums and seizure.

Breed: American bull/ pit
Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come in staggering like he was drunk. He would lay down and within 15 min he'd be fine. Last friday he did the same drunken walk but layed down and was i think having a seizure his gums were pale white i put him in a cold shower and he would snap out of it and eat ice cubes. It lasted 2 hours then he was fine for 6 days. On June 2 it happend again. Seizures and a yelp/cry he would bend upwards when screaming. Rushed him to a vet and of course I didnt have the money to fined out what was wrong. We had to put him asleep. They vet wasent compastionate ir remoresful they just wanted money! If you can plz explain to me what you think was wrong with him! Oh and if i rubbed his belly during the last 2 months he would lick the Air with his tounge! Ugh I dont know I would just like a possible answer for my baby so I know we did the right thing! Thank you, Christina

I'm sorry to hear about Buddy Buster.

If you were noticing that his gums were pale, then there is a good possibility that he had a tumor in his abdomen that was bleeding. The most common type of tumor to do this would be a spleen tumor called hemangiosarcoma. If this was the case then there was likely not much that could be done. Some animals can be treated for hemangiosarcoma with surgery, but the surgery is very expensive.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Defecating out of her vagina. We found Clara abandoned next to our house a few days ago. Yesterday we found out... (9300 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (18824 views)

Metacam safe for dogs? Hi, We have a 2 year old Lab mix from the local shelter. We adopted him as a puppy... (16582 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (30485 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (5249 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (13241 views)

Dog's urine smells unusual. A few days ago I noticed that my dog's urine smells a bit strong. I can't really... (138225 views)

Swollen ear. My cats right inner ear just started turning like bruised, black & blue. Inner ear,... (13195 views)

Phenobarb shortage? my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is... (14892 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (17588 views)