Pale gums and seizure.

Breed: American bull/ pit
Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come in staggering like he was drunk. He would lay down and within 15 min he'd be fine. Last friday he did the same drunken walk but layed down and was i think having a seizure his gums were pale white i put him in a cold shower and he would snap out of it and eat ice cubes. It lasted 2 hours then he was fine for 6 days. On June 2 it happend again. Seizures and a yelp/cry he would bend upwards when screaming. Rushed him to a vet and of course I didnt have the money to fined out what was wrong. We had to put him asleep. They vet wasent compastionate ir remoresful they just wanted money! If you can plz explain to me what you think was wrong with him! Oh and if i rubbed his belly during the last 2 months he would lick the Air with his tounge! Ugh I dont know I would just like a possible answer for my baby so I know we did the right thing! Thank you, Christina

I'm sorry to hear about Buddy Buster.

If you were noticing that his gums were pale, then there is a good possibility that he had a tumor in his abdomen that was bleeding. The most common type of tumor to do this would be a spleen tumor called hemangiosarcoma. If this was the case then there was likely not much that could be done. Some animals can be treated for hemangiosarcoma with surgery, but the surgery is very expensive.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (4836 views)

Trifexis side effects I just read your article about Trifexis and was very disturbed. We have three... (7113 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (21613 views)

Anal sac abscess. my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little... (12476 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (7528 views)

Dog died suddenly even after glucose. my dog died suddenly...... it vomited three time .........then she was not able to... (10546 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (10103 views)

Antibiotics for stuffed up nose. Hello again Dr. Marie, writing again about our dog Sparky and have some questions.... (5659 views)

Small puppy. Rnt? Hi, I just purchased a purebred BullMastiff puppy. He is very happy and seems to... (28415 views)

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (9685 views)