Pale gums and seizure.

Breed: American bull/ pit
Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come in staggering like he was drunk. He would lay down and within 15 min he'd be fine. Last friday he did the same drunken walk but layed down and was i think having a seizure his gums were pale white i put him in a cold shower and he would snap out of it and eat ice cubes. It lasted 2 hours then he was fine for 6 days. On June 2 it happend again. Seizures and a yelp/cry he would bend upwards when screaming. Rushed him to a vet and of course I didnt have the money to fined out what was wrong. We had to put him asleep. They vet wasent compastionate ir remoresful they just wanted money! If you can plz explain to me what you think was wrong with him! Oh and if i rubbed his belly during the last 2 months he would lick the Air with his tounge! Ugh I dont know I would just like a possible answer for my baby so I know we did the right thing! Thank you, Christina

I'm sorry to hear about Buddy Buster.

If you were noticing that his gums were pale, then there is a good possibility that he had a tumor in his abdomen that was bleeding. The most common type of tumor to do this would be a spleen tumor called hemangiosarcoma. If this was the case then there was likely not much that could be done. Some animals can be treated for hemangiosarcoma with surgery, but the surgery is very expensive.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (5013 views)

One puppy in litter died. I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted... (15066 views)

Swollen nose. My 9 yo Female Samoyed has a swollen nose - the black part of the nose, on the top.... (7404 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (19694 views)

Is this distemper? I live in Mexico and I rescued Trinket when she was 8 to 10 weeks old. She had... (8709 views)

Found bug in dog's ear. Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been... (9758 views)

Hair loss at base of tail. My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald... (13946 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (10282 views)

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (9188 views)

Dog eating his own poop. My dog is eating his poo. He eats his poop whenever he gets the chance! Is there... (9091 views)