Pale gums and seizure.

Breed: American bull/ pit
Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come in staggering like he was drunk. He would lay down and within 15 min he'd be fine. Last friday he did the same drunken walk but layed down and was i think having a seizure his gums were pale white i put him in a cold shower and he would snap out of it and eat ice cubes. It lasted 2 hours then he was fine for 6 days. On June 2 it happend again. Seizures and a yelp/cry he would bend upwards when screaming. Rushed him to a vet and of course I didnt have the money to fined out what was wrong. We had to put him asleep. They vet wasent compastionate ir remoresful they just wanted money! If you can plz explain to me what you think was wrong with him! Oh and if i rubbed his belly during the last 2 months he would lick the Air with his tounge! Ugh I dont know I would just like a possible answer for my baby so I know we did the right thing! Thank you, Christina

I'm sorry to hear about Buddy Buster.

If you were noticing that his gums were pale, then there is a good possibility that he had a tumor in his abdomen that was bleeding. The most common type of tumor to do this would be a spleen tumor called hemangiosarcoma. If this was the case then there was likely not much that could be done. Some animals can be treated for hemangiosarcoma with surgery, but the surgery is very expensive.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Dog died after having diarrhea. My dog Dott is a small Aussie mix, weighing about 28 lbs. She is normally very... (25422 views)

Older dog having seizures. My 10.5 year old chocolate lab had three seizures in 12 hours in October. He's... (15202 views)

Pitbull with breathing problems. My daughter rescued a pit bull a few years ago. He has been an amazing dog. However,... (12810 views)

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (15190 views)

Cat with asthma. Dr. Marie, Misto is a 9-year-old, 15-pound domestic shorthair, house-only cat who... (7862 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (4725 views)

Pancreatitis My dog had an exploratory Lap. done 3 days ago to rule out a foreign body. She had... (14311 views)

Gray spot near a dog's penis. My dog has gray spot on the bottom by his penis is this normal? He never had them... (10902 views)

Shaking after grooming. Millie is an otherwise healthy 8 year old Bijon Poo. Don't know if this is related,... (36991 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (9478 views)