Cat with green patch on skin.

Breed: mut
first i would like to thank you for your time.
When my cat was a kitten i thought she had bad flees because she would itch so much that she would bleed and have quite a few scabs on her skin but when i looked for flees she had none. but now that she is older she has a lite greenish 1/2 inch long patch over her skin (with hair) that looks like it could be dry skin. Most of it is stuck on her skin and a little of it isn't attached. i have tried putting hydrogen peroxide on it but it doesn't seem to be working.
Can you tell me what this is, is it hurting her? and what i can do to help her?

Thank you very much

Sorry to hear that Little One is having problems. It's always hard to talk about skin problems without seeing your cat in person but I can give you a few of my thoughts.

Fleas are definitely the first thing I think of when an animal is itchy. You don't always see them. Sometimes we will see flea dirt which looks like little black flecks, but not always. If I am suspicious of fleas but don't see any I always recommend a good prescription strength flea product such as Advantage, Frontline or Revolution.

It is also possible that she has an allergy. It could be an allergy to food or it could be to something in the environment such as ragweed. Many cats with allergies need steroids in order to keep the itchiness under control.

If you are seeing green scabby areas on the skin then I am concerned that there is infection. If this is the case she will need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by your vet. Sometimes a type of bacteria called pseudomonas can cause the skin to turn green when it is infected.

I wouldn't recommend peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is good for initially cleaning a dirty wound. But, if used regularly it will slow down wound healing.

It sounds like she definitely needs to see the vet!

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (12513 views)

Freckles on a dog's belly. Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in... (20866 views)

Facial lymph nodes on a dog. My puppy has a lump under each eye. Almost like a gland. I have no clue, maybe tumor... (21947 views)

Licking at private parts. I have a Indoor Male Maine Coon Cat 3 years 9mnths old, Eats 4 times a day Raw food... (10995 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (9003 views)

Vomiting and red skin. Dr. Marie My buddy Bobber is sick. He is currently seeing a vet. I read a Q and A... (6639 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (4089 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (24411 views)

Brown fur from licking. Plato has been licking his paws, face and butt a lot. Now those areas are turning... (44786 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (13525 views)