Cat with green patch on skin.

Breed: mut
first i would like to thank you for your time.
When my cat was a kitten i thought she had bad flees because she would itch so much that she would bleed and have quite a few scabs on her skin but when i looked for flees she had none. but now that she is older she has a lite greenish 1/2 inch long patch over her skin (with hair) that looks like it could be dry skin. Most of it is stuck on her skin and a little of it isn't attached. i have tried putting hydrogen peroxide on it but it doesn't seem to be working.
Can you tell me what this is, is it hurting her? and what i can do to help her?

Thank you very much

Sorry to hear that Little One is having problems. It's always hard to talk about skin problems without seeing your cat in person but I can give you a few of my thoughts.

Fleas are definitely the first thing I think of when an animal is itchy. You don't always see them. Sometimes we will see flea dirt which looks like little black flecks, but not always. If I am suspicious of fleas but don't see any I always recommend a good prescription strength flea product such as Advantage, Frontline or Revolution.

It is also possible that she has an allergy. It could be an allergy to food or it could be to something in the environment such as ragweed. Many cats with allergies need steroids in order to keep the itchiness under control.

If you are seeing green scabby areas on the skin then I am concerned that there is infection. If this is the case she will need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by your vet. Sometimes a type of bacteria called pseudomonas can cause the skin to turn green when it is infected.

I wouldn't recommend peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is good for initially cleaning a dirty wound. But, if used regularly it will slow down wound healing.

It sounds like she definitely needs to see the vet!

Red lesion on whippet's leg. Hi there. My whippet gets a little crazy sometimes running in the backyard. I... (7817 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (52949 views)

Mass on dog's cheek. My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was... (11142 views)

Frontline and capstar but still has fleas. My cat has fleas. We have treated him with capstar and frontline, given him a flea... (20582 views)

Limping dog. Hello, My dog is a GS mix - she is just over 1 yr old and weighs approx. 70 lbs. ... (21011 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (41337 views)

Weakness in back legs and twitching eye. Sophie had had problems with her balance since sunday. Her back legs are weak and... (10908 views)

Remend (The dog is not mine) A friend is asking me to get Remend for their dog from a... (25075 views)

Infected spay incision? Puppy got spayed about 12 days ago and her incision was healing really quickly. Now,... (76544 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (8094 views)