Cat with green patch on skin.

Breed: mut
first i would like to thank you for your time.
When my cat was a kitten i thought she had bad flees because she would itch so much that she would bleed and have quite a few scabs on her skin but when i looked for flees she had none. but now that she is older she has a lite greenish 1/2 inch long patch over her skin (with hair) that looks like it could be dry skin. Most of it is stuck on her skin and a little of it isn't attached. i have tried putting hydrogen peroxide on it but it doesn't seem to be working.
Can you tell me what this is, is it hurting her? and what i can do to help her?

Thank you very much

Sorry to hear that Little One is having problems. It's always hard to talk about skin problems without seeing your cat in person but I can give you a few of my thoughts.

Fleas are definitely the first thing I think of when an animal is itchy. You don't always see them. Sometimes we will see flea dirt which looks like little black flecks, but not always. If I am suspicious of fleas but don't see any I always recommend a good prescription strength flea product such as Advantage, Frontline or Revolution.

It is also possible that she has an allergy. It could be an allergy to food or it could be to something in the environment such as ragweed. Many cats with allergies need steroids in order to keep the itchiness under control.

If you are seeing green scabby areas on the skin then I am concerned that there is infection. If this is the case she will need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by your vet. Sometimes a type of bacteria called pseudomonas can cause the skin to turn green when it is infected.

I wouldn't recommend peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is good for initially cleaning a dirty wound. But, if used regularly it will slow down wound healing.

It sounds like she definitely needs to see the vet!

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (8357 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (64926 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (15738 views)

Cat suddenly bites or scratches. Hi there....i have a beautiful BIG moggy who is a 'lovecat' - very affectionate -... (18596 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (12802 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (11011 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (14718 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (13674 views)

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (7151 views)

Clindamycin overdose? I have been caring for Sox, a feral. Awhile back Sox started coughing on and off... (10759 views)