Charcoal briquette

Breed: Yorkie
My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn, self-lighting charcoal briquets. Not sure if he ingested one, but he had one in his mouth. This pup had been digging back there and licking something for the last couple of days, now I know what! I am frantic. Will this hurt him?
Thank you! Please help!

It always amazes me what dogs will but in their mouths!

I have good news for you...it is very unlikely that Winston will be harmed at all.

Charcoal briquettes are not toxic at all to dogs. (If a dog was to swallow a whole one it could get obstructed in his intestines though).

The self-lighting kind of briquettes do contain some petroleum product. If enough of this is eaten it can cause some mild stomach upset. But, it is not going to be serious.

If your dog just had one in his mouth it's not going to cause him any problems.

Of course, I always add a little disclaimer...if you think he is not feeling well - vomiting, diarrhea, not wanting to eat then it's a good idea to have your vet take a look at him. But, I would be very surprised if this happened.

Large mammary lump. Hi Dr Marie My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a... (8271 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (162978 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (32818 views)

Pitbull with rash Mister has been treated all his life for a skin rash he has. Before this year he... (9875 views)

Pimples around a dog's anus. Hi. My name is Anna and I have a 7 month old, predominantly Rhodesian Ridgeback,... (110260 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (10382 views)

Start vaccines over? i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record,... (4576 views)

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (5293 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (15557 views)

Lump with open sores. Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds... (26141 views)