Charcoal briquette

Breed: Yorkie
My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn, self-lighting charcoal briquets. Not sure if he ingested one, but he had one in his mouth. This pup had been digging back there and licking something for the last couple of days, now I know what! I am frantic. Will this hurt him?
Thank you! Please help!

It always amazes me what dogs will but in their mouths!

I have good news for you...it is very unlikely that Winston will be harmed at all.

Charcoal briquettes are not toxic at all to dogs. (If a dog was to swallow a whole one it could get obstructed in his intestines though).

The self-lighting kind of briquettes do contain some petroleum product. If enough of this is eaten it can cause some mild stomach upset. But, it is not going to be serious.

If your dog just had one in his mouth it's not going to cause him any problems.

Of course, I always add a little disclaimer...if you think he is not feeling well - vomiting, diarrhea, not wanting to eat then it's a good idea to have your vet take a look at him. But, I would be very surprised if this happened.

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (13113 views)

Bleeding from mouth. Hi Dr. Marie, What would cause recurrent tongue and gum ulcers in cats? Chuger is... (44961 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (15523 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (13913 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (16228 views)

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (19569 views)

Cat losing hair. I have 4 cats and they are all indoors. I realize that cats can get fleas even when... (73607 views)

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (15387 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (23432 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (9043 views)