Charcoal briquette

Breed: Yorkie
My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn, self-lighting charcoal briquets. Not sure if he ingested one, but he had one in his mouth. This pup had been digging back there and licking something for the last couple of days, now I know what! I am frantic. Will this hurt him?
Thank you! Please help!

It always amazes me what dogs will but in their mouths!

I have good news for you...it is very unlikely that Winston will be harmed at all.

Charcoal briquettes are not toxic at all to dogs. (If a dog was to swallow a whole one it could get obstructed in his intestines though).

The self-lighting kind of briquettes do contain some petroleum product. If enough of this is eaten it can cause some mild stomach upset. But, it is not going to be serious.

If your dog just had one in his mouth it's not going to cause him any problems.

Of course, I always add a little disclaimer...if you think he is not feeling well - vomiting, diarrhea, not wanting to eat then it's a good idea to have your vet take a look at him. But, I would be very surprised if this happened.

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (4983 views)

Diarrhea in chihuahua. Hello. I need some help in trying to diagnose my 4 month old chihuahua puppy. Let me... (8251 views)

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (8162 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (9726 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (55100 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (10348 views)

Wobbly lab. Hello - About 4 weeks ago, Koda started acting very stiff around his neck so we... (13873 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (13416 views)

Possible spleen cancer. About 2 wks ago noticed lack of appetite and lethargy. Took her to the vet who said... (10617 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (8994 views)