Cat has vomiting and diarrhea.

Breed: Idk he's brown and b
Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he is still skinny and now he is having diahrea and vomiting alot it's been about 4 days now plz email me back thank you so much

Sorry to hear that Tazzy is having problems.

There are a number of things that can cause vomiting and diarrhea in a cat. While sometimes vomiting and diarrhea can be a temporary problem such as mild stomach upset from a new food or treat, it sounds like Tazzy's problem is more serious.

If a young cat has vomiting and diarrhea and is losing weight there are a number of things that can cause these symptoms:

-a virus such as feline leukemia, fiv or fip. Unfortunately there is no cure for these viruses.
-a virus such as panleukopenia. This is similar to parvo virus in dogs. It is treatable, but usually needs a hospital stay.
-a toxin affecting the liver or kidneys.
-a foreign object in the intestines.
-parasites.

If he has had diarrhea and vomiting for 4 days now then I would definitely suggest a vet visit. Your vet will do a good exam and some tests.

I wish I could give you advice on what to do at home, but a vet visit really sounds like the best idea!

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (10191 views)

Renal lymphoma? my cat just had dental surgery. After about a week I noticed she was still listless... (24863 views)

Should we do surgery? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat Gus will be 15 in 3 months. We have been working with his... (9432 views)

Lump on hamster near leg. Hi, My hamster has a pink lump on her right side (Near the front right leg) She... (15832 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (32043 views)

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (10510 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (4963 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (37824 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (6324 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (4983 views)