Cat has vomiting and diarrhea.

Breed: Idk he's brown and b
Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he is still skinny and now he is having diahrea and vomiting alot it's been about 4 days now plz email me back thank you so much

Sorry to hear that Tazzy is having problems.

There are a number of things that can cause vomiting and diarrhea in a cat. While sometimes vomiting and diarrhea can be a temporary problem such as mild stomach upset from a new food or treat, it sounds like Tazzy's problem is more serious.

If a young cat has vomiting and diarrhea and is losing weight there are a number of things that can cause these symptoms:

-a virus such as feline leukemia, fiv or fip. Unfortunately there is no cure for these viruses.
-a virus such as panleukopenia. This is similar to parvo virus in dogs. It is treatable, but usually needs a hospital stay.
-a toxin affecting the liver or kidneys.
-a foreign object in the intestines.
-parasites.

If he has had diarrhea and vomiting for 4 days now then I would definitely suggest a vet visit. Your vet will do a good exam and some tests.

I wish I could give you advice on what to do at home, but a vet visit really sounds like the best idea!

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (7429 views)

Sick kitten. Kitty is 13 weeks old, has had diarehha off and on for 9 days, also another sibling,... (10477 views)

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (24187 views)

Carnassial tooth slab fracture. Hello Dr. Marie! Thanks for offering this service! My 3 year old dog has... (12244 views)

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (11635 views)

Coughing kitten. I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible... (14705 views)

Kitten urinating in house. we adopted a 4 month old kitten 3 weeks ago. yesterday he urinated on my husbands... (6648 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (11165 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (38273 views)

Heartworm in a puppy? I recently sold an 11 week old pomeranian on January 24, 2010 due to allergies. I... (13598 views)