Cat has vomiting and diarrhea.

Breed: Idk he's brown and b
Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he is still skinny and now he is having diahrea and vomiting alot it's been about 4 days now plz email me back thank you so much

Sorry to hear that Tazzy is having problems.

There are a number of things that can cause vomiting and diarrhea in a cat. While sometimes vomiting and diarrhea can be a temporary problem such as mild stomach upset from a new food or treat, it sounds like Tazzy's problem is more serious.

If a young cat has vomiting and diarrhea and is losing weight there are a number of things that can cause these symptoms:

-a virus such as feline leukemia, fiv or fip. Unfortunately there is no cure for these viruses.
-a virus such as panleukopenia. This is similar to parvo virus in dogs. It is treatable, but usually needs a hospital stay.
-a toxin affecting the liver or kidneys.
-a foreign object in the intestines.
-parasites.

If he has had diarrhea and vomiting for 4 days now then I would definitely suggest a vet visit. Your vet will do a good exam and some tests.

I wish I could give you advice on what to do at home, but a vet visit really sounds like the best idea!

Rabies from a feral kitten? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings and I hope this e-mail reaches you in good health. I... (16855 views)

Bloated stomach in Papillion. my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day... (25189 views)

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (6397 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (9860 views)

Red bubble in corner of eye. My dog has a red membrane sticking out from the corner of his eye - kind of like a... (23482 views)

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (50111 views)

Cat losing hair in patches Our cat has started loosing hair in spots. HE is an orange tabby. White spots... (19630 views)

Possible diabetes My cat is very thirsty, he will run to the bathroom counter for a drink of water, he... (8226 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (8791 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (9230 views)