Cat has vomiting and diarrhea.

Breed: Idk he's brown and b
Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he is still skinny and now he is having diahrea and vomiting alot it's been about 4 days now plz email me back thank you so much

Sorry to hear that Tazzy is having problems.

There are a number of things that can cause vomiting and diarrhea in a cat. While sometimes vomiting and diarrhea can be a temporary problem such as mild stomach upset from a new food or treat, it sounds like Tazzy's problem is more serious.

If a young cat has vomiting and diarrhea and is losing weight there are a number of things that can cause these symptoms:

-a virus such as feline leukemia, fiv or fip. Unfortunately there is no cure for these viruses.
-a virus such as panleukopenia. This is similar to parvo virus in dogs. It is treatable, but usually needs a hospital stay.
-a toxin affecting the liver or kidneys.
-a foreign object in the intestines.
-parasites.

If he has had diarrhea and vomiting for 4 days now then I would definitely suggest a vet visit. Your vet will do a good exam and some tests.

I wish I could give you advice on what to do at home, but a vet visit really sounds like the best idea!

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (15952 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (10084 views)

13 year old cat losing weight. I have a 13 yr old male cat that has gradually started to lose weight. He has had... (9601 views)

Penis discharge in dog. Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been... (97622 views)

Is clostridium zoonotic? Clostridium Type A has been known to cause sudden death in healthy deer but it has... (8163 views)

Hypoglycemia and food coming from nose. Walter began sneezing this morning. The sneezing became worse and he was soaked... (7440 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (10349 views)

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (189334 views)

Dog attacked by javelina. My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what... (8778 views)

Puppy with crystals. our registered golden retriever,Ginger, had a litter of puppies a few months ago(no... (10996 views)