Cat has vomiting and diarrhea.

Breed: Idk he's brown and b
Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he is still skinny and now he is having diahrea and vomiting alot it's been about 4 days now plz email me back thank you so much

Sorry to hear that Tazzy is having problems.

There are a number of things that can cause vomiting and diarrhea in a cat. While sometimes vomiting and diarrhea can be a temporary problem such as mild stomach upset from a new food or treat, it sounds like Tazzy's problem is more serious.

If a young cat has vomiting and diarrhea and is losing weight there are a number of things that can cause these symptoms:

-a virus such as feline leukemia, fiv or fip. Unfortunately there is no cure for these viruses.
-a virus such as panleukopenia. This is similar to parvo virus in dogs. It is treatable, but usually needs a hospital stay.
-a toxin affecting the liver or kidneys.
-a foreign object in the intestines.
-parasites.

If he has had diarrhea and vomiting for 4 days now then I would definitely suggest a vet visit. Your vet will do a good exam and some tests.

I wish I could give you advice on what to do at home, but a vet visit really sounds like the best idea!

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (15395 views)

Paraneoplastic syndrome? In 3/2013 after suffering 2 "seizures," Clark was diagnosed with insulinoma from... (9374 views)

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (71029 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (109124 views)

Kitten with yellow diarrhea. Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse... (13706 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (31961 views)

Dog in heat a long time. i have a 7yr.old boxer who started a heat cycle in march and it is now august....she... (22189 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (12964 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (8018 views)

Vaccinate against parvo? Chester is about 10 weeks he was a stray he now has Parvo but I think recovering at... (7632 views)