Purple feces.

Breed: asian
Why is my dog's poop purple?

There is absolutely no medical condition I can think of that would cause a dog to have purple stools. I'm guessing he ate something that caused his stools to temporarily change colors.

The other possibility is if you are seeing blood in the stool, but this really shouldn't be purple!

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (4555 views)

Hypothyroidism in Sheltie. Hi My dog had a thyroid test and the results came back as .8 which he said was low... (6464 views)

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (18085 views)

Can I give my dog aspirin? Can I give her a low dose(81mg) aspirin to help with I think a pulled muscle? It... (25343 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (12874 views)

Terbutaline and atenolol. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m interested in your thoughts on what may have caused my cat’s... (11789 views)

Bruising after blood collection. I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew... (23225 views)

Cancer in a cat's chest. Hi there, I hope this wont be too long, but I want to provide the history of the... (8453 views)

Human medicine for cats? Dear Whom ever it concerns, Hi my name is Lindsey. I got this stray cat 3-4 months... (11963 views)

Famotidine for kidney disease. Coco had an ultrasound scan yesterday to confirm she has bilateral kidney cancer.... (9998 views)