Purple feces.

Breed: asian
Why is my dog's poop purple?

There is absolutely no medical condition I can think of that would cause a dog to have purple stools. I'm guessing he ate something that caused his stools to temporarily change colors.

The other possibility is if you are seeing blood in the stool, but this really shouldn't be purple!

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (35134 views)

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (32450 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (18905 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (8990 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (15587 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (3448 views)

Lumps on dog's nose. Do you know what these bumps count be? He also has a bald spot under his eye. He is... (45779 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (5939 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (27228 views)

Dog died at the vet's A couple weeks ago I noticed our dog Gauge was straining to urinate but couldnt. I... (6903 views)