Purple feces.

Breed: asian
Why is my dog's poop purple?

There is absolutely no medical condition I can think of that would cause a dog to have purple stools. I'm guessing he ate something that caused his stools to temporarily change colors.

The other possibility is if you are seeing blood in the stool, but this really shouldn't be purple!

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (5052 views)

Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism. I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle... (6039 views)

Wound on cat's leg. Sydney is an indoor/outdoor cat. Last week he got a cut on his front leg. I was... (16867 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (5759 views)

Dog eats grass and vomits Hi Marie! My Germen Spitz(male) eats some grass while he is out and vomits.Avoids... (8477 views)

Should liver biopsy be done? Dear Dr Haines, I have a 10 year old Bichon-Poodle-Maltese mix male dog (Max). ... (5295 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (25182 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (9237 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (11931 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (4438 views)