Purple feces.

Breed: asian
Why is my dog's poop purple?

There is absolutely no medical condition I can think of that would cause a dog to have purple stools. I'm guessing he ate something that caused his stools to temporarily change colors.

The other possibility is if you are seeing blood in the stool, but this really shouldn't be purple!

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (19174 views)

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (7588 views)

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (8494 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My cat seems to be ill. It's been a few days that starts sneezing. Now its... (5310 views)

Any problems after inguinal hernia surgery? I purchased a yorkie 2months old who recently had a inguinao hernia surgery and i... (12111 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (7674 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (12144 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (11309 views)

Cat constantly in heat. Hi, I have a cat, she is little less than 2 years old. She is always in heat like 1... (25576 views)

Tramadol online. My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed... (9258 views)