Multiple lumps on dog.

Breed: labrador
hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does slightly move when i put a little pressure on it, also about 6 incehs down from that lump he has a small mass of lumps on the out side of his skin the limps are on his left side.

Lumps are always hard to advise on online! But I can give you a few of my thoughts.

I don't like the fact that he has the small mass of lumps that you have described. Sometimes this can be a sign of some type of cancer.

Labs will commonly get fat lumps called lipomas. However, these are usually not hard, but instead they are kind of "squishy" or soft when you feel them.

It is certainly possible that this is something benign. Sometimes we can see clusters of warts or even some sebaceous cysts.

It would really be a good idea if you could have your vet take a look. They will likely do a test called a fine needle aspirate and determine how worried we need to be.

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (4823 views)

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (24482 views)

Facial lymph nodes and teething. Hi Dr. Marie, After a lot of investigating w/ my own regular vet (very... (11229 views)

Cleansing diet for dogs? I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my... (4924 views)

Is coconut oil good for dogs? Hello, I'm writing to find out if coconut oil is safe and beneficial to feed my... (7647 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (22549 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (17933 views)

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (69332 views)

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (4696 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (7430 views)