Does Pet Calm Work?

Breed: Lhasa

My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night. Example, the night before I sat all night with him, trembling and shaking, the following morning he settled down. The following day he went to bed and had a perfect night but that is not often I checked the internet and came across an article calaiming that their product: PetCalm was a Natural Anxiety Remedy for Calming Nervous Cats or Dogs. They claim, soothes nervousness, calms fear in pets with nervous dispositions, emproves emotional balance, relaxes easily startled pets during dstressful times,promotes nervous system health, supports cofidence during competitive events, fast acting, easy to administer granules, safe for cats or dogs.

One user stated, "I gave her a pinch of of Pet Calm and within seconds she is relaxed. Thanks for a great product."

Well I am an old war veterans and do not believe everything I read or hear. Are you aware of thhis product, they are in the US, I don't know whether they are in Canada and I would like your thoughts on this or do you have a prsecription that will do the same?

Thanks for this excellent question.

I sometimes get frustrated with products that advertise miraculous results. Usually if it sounds too good to be true, then it is.

After some searching, I found the ingredients in Pet Calm and there is nothing in there that would be expected to work.

The next thing I did was go to scholar.google.com which is a search engine that has a thorough listing of research articles. I typed in "pet calm" in quotes and did not find any research that has been published. What this means is that anything that is stated in print or online about the product is anecdotal. Anybody can make a product and put a bunch of fake testimonials up. Some people are really good at crafting their testimonials so that they are believable.

However, the final conclusion that I make is that this product does not work.

Realistically, if there was a product that worked that well I would be selling it in my office!

There are some prescription products that your vet can prescribe for anxiety.

However, I am wondering if there is something else going on with Bobbie. Sometimes when little dogs shake it can be because there is pain such as back pain present.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have a talk with your vet.

Hamster with cushing's disease hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have... (9253 views)

Does parvo affect sperm? My dog, Moose, had Parvo Virus when he was eight months old. Yes, Moose got Parvo... (9010 views)

Vomiting kitten My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her... (15331 views)

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (164193 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (108540 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (7236 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (9271 views)

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (16531 views)

Bald spots on dog I have 2 staffordshire bullterriers which are brothers 1 of them has lost a spot of... (14087 views)

Brown spots on dog's belly. In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire... (32616 views)