Does Pet Calm Work?

Breed: Lhasa

My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night. Example, the night before I sat all night with him, trembling and shaking, the following morning he settled down. The following day he went to bed and had a perfect night but that is not often I checked the internet and came across an article calaiming that their product: PetCalm was a Natural Anxiety Remedy for Calming Nervous Cats or Dogs. They claim, soothes nervousness, calms fear in pets with nervous dispositions, emproves emotional balance, relaxes easily startled pets during dstressful times,promotes nervous system health, supports cofidence during competitive events, fast acting, easy to administer granules, safe for cats or dogs.

One user stated, "I gave her a pinch of of Pet Calm and within seconds she is relaxed. Thanks for a great product."

Well I am an old war veterans and do not believe everything I read or hear. Are you aware of thhis product, they are in the US, I don't know whether they are in Canada and I would like your thoughts on this or do you have a prsecription that will do the same?

Thanks for this excellent question.

I sometimes get frustrated with products that advertise miraculous results. Usually if it sounds too good to be true, then it is.

After some searching, I found the ingredients in Pet Calm and there is nothing in there that would be expected to work.

The next thing I did was go to scholar.google.com which is a search engine that has a thorough listing of research articles. I typed in "pet calm" in quotes and did not find any research that has been published. What this means is that anything that is stated in print or online about the product is anecdotal. Anybody can make a product and put a bunch of fake testimonials up. Some people are really good at crafting their testimonials so that they are believable.

However, the final conclusion that I make is that this product does not work.

Realistically, if there was a product that worked that well I would be selling it in my office!

There are some prescription products that your vet can prescribe for anxiety.

However, I am wondering if there is something else going on with Bobbie. Sometimes when little dogs shake it can be because there is pain such as back pain present.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have a talk with your vet.

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (19877 views)

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (7046 views)

Fever and dizziness in older dog. Dear Dr. Marie, Kodi is a 15 years old Labrador, he is very active and love to... (4681 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (22005 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (5070 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (9408 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (11160 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (15747 views)

Bald spot on cat's back. My friend's 1 1/2 yr. old cat has been losing the hair from it's tail for about 10... (39752 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (10752 views)