Does Pet Calm Work?

Breed: Lhasa

My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night. Example, the night before I sat all night with him, trembling and shaking, the following morning he settled down. The following day he went to bed and had a perfect night but that is not often I checked the internet and came across an article calaiming that their product: PetCalm was a Natural Anxiety Remedy for Calming Nervous Cats or Dogs. They claim, soothes nervousness, calms fear in pets with nervous dispositions, emproves emotional balance, relaxes easily startled pets during dstressful times,promotes nervous system health, supports cofidence during competitive events, fast acting, easy to administer granules, safe for cats or dogs.

One user stated, "I gave her a pinch of of Pet Calm and within seconds she is relaxed. Thanks for a great product."

Well I am an old war veterans and do not believe everything I read or hear. Are you aware of thhis product, they are in the US, I don't know whether they are in Canada and I would like your thoughts on this or do you have a prsecription that will do the same?

Thanks for this excellent question.

I sometimes get frustrated with products that advertise miraculous results. Usually if it sounds too good to be true, then it is.

After some searching, I found the ingredients in Pet Calm and there is nothing in there that would be expected to work.

The next thing I did was go to scholar.google.com which is a search engine that has a thorough listing of research articles. I typed in "pet calm" in quotes and did not find any research that has been published. What this means is that anything that is stated in print or online about the product is anecdotal. Anybody can make a product and put a bunch of fake testimonials up. Some people are really good at crafting their testimonials so that they are believable.

However, the final conclusion that I make is that this product does not work.

Realistically, if there was a product that worked that well I would be selling it in my office!

There are some prescription products that your vet can prescribe for anxiety.

However, I am wondering if there is something else going on with Bobbie. Sometimes when little dogs shake it can be because there is pain such as back pain present.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have a talk with your vet.

Red bugs on my dog. my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I... (14352 views)

Do dogs sweat? Zoe, our chow mix, never pants. When our other dogs, after playtime, are laying... (7639 views)

Enlarged lymph nodes on chemo. My furry child was recently diagnosed Lymphoma, cells suggestive of T-cell. I do... (13053 views)

Mass in cat's chest? Hello, My cat, a sterilized indoor-living Japanese Bobtail, is now 4 years old... (19160 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (7823 views)

Thinking of getting a malamute. hi, i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been... (9688 views)

Dog biting bas of tail, but no fleas. Hi, I have an otherwise healthy chihuahua who has always been a foot chewer but has... (237528 views)

Broken leg in puppy? hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw... (23590 views)

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (9799 views)

Spot on eye. My boxer scratched his eye. Went to Vet and confirmed and they put him on Neomycin... (17771 views)