Does Pet Calm Work?

Breed: Lhasa

My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night. Example, the night before I sat all night with him, trembling and shaking, the following morning he settled down. The following day he went to bed and had a perfect night but that is not often I checked the internet and came across an article calaiming that their product: PetCalm was a Natural Anxiety Remedy for Calming Nervous Cats or Dogs. They claim, soothes nervousness, calms fear in pets with nervous dispositions, emproves emotional balance, relaxes easily startled pets during dstressful times,promotes nervous system health, supports cofidence during competitive events, fast acting, easy to administer granules, safe for cats or dogs.

One user stated, "I gave her a pinch of of Pet Calm and within seconds she is relaxed. Thanks for a great product."

Well I am an old war veterans and do not believe everything I read or hear. Are you aware of thhis product, they are in the US, I don't know whether they are in Canada and I would like your thoughts on this or do you have a prsecription that will do the same?

Thanks for this excellent question.

I sometimes get frustrated with products that advertise miraculous results. Usually if it sounds too good to be true, then it is.

After some searching, I found the ingredients in Pet Calm and there is nothing in there that would be expected to work.

The next thing I did was go to scholar.google.com which is a search engine that has a thorough listing of research articles. I typed in "pet calm" in quotes and did not find any research that has been published. What this means is that anything that is stated in print or online about the product is anecdotal. Anybody can make a product and put a bunch of fake testimonials up. Some people are really good at crafting their testimonials so that they are believable.

However, the final conclusion that I make is that this product does not work.

Realistically, if there was a product that worked that well I would be selling it in my office!

There are some prescription products that your vet can prescribe for anxiety.

However, I am wondering if there is something else going on with Bobbie. Sometimes when little dogs shake it can be because there is pain such as back pain present.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have a talk with your vet.

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (11396 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13503 views)

Can we give benadryl for allergic reaction? My 9 month old boxer puppy has been stung by a bee or bees, we think in his mouth. ... (10451 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (12489 views)

Itchy ears and bum. My dog keeps scratching at her ears and shakes her head a lot. I clean her ears and... (15100 views)

Dog ate vetoryl My younger dog ate some food that had vetoryl in it meant for my older dog. Will it... (16608 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (23065 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (12012 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (13105 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (9435 views)