Increase in dog's thirst and urination.

Breed: half husky other hal
My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to go outside to pee and it's not his normal pee they last over a min and he has never woke me up like to to use the bathroom. And then as soon as we get inside he gets him a big drink. Plus he snapped at 2 ppl the other day that was petting him and he has never done that before he usually loves ppl.Not sure if I'm over reacting or if I need to take him to the vet.

I always get concerned when a dog is drinking and urinating larger amounts than usual.

While it is certainly possible that it is nothing serious, I think a vet visit is a good idea.

An increase in thirst and urination in a young dog makes me worried that he has gotten into something that is toxic to his kidneys or liver. It is possible he has been exposed to leptospirosis which is an organism that can cause serious kidney and/or liver disease. If lepto is caught early enough it is treatable, but if left too long dogs can die from it.

Your vet will likely do some urine and possibly some blood tests and tell you whether there is any cause for concern.

I hope he is ok!

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (9269 views)

Kittens died. My 9-10 month old cat had five kittens. No problem delivering. Kittens seemed... (14399 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (16347 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (13324 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (7380 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (9693 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (20845 views)

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (12663 views)

Black spot on tongue. Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've... (11821 views)

Pit Bull won't eat. My 3 year old Pit Bull/Boxer mix isn't eating as normal. She was a rescued stray... (16136 views)