Increase in dog's thirst and urination.

Breed: half husky other hal
My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to go outside to pee and it's not his normal pee they last over a min and he has never woke me up like to to use the bathroom. And then as soon as we get inside he gets him a big drink. Plus he snapped at 2 ppl the other day that was petting him and he has never done that before he usually loves ppl.Not sure if I'm over reacting or if I need to take him to the vet.

I always get concerned when a dog is drinking and urinating larger amounts than usual.

While it is certainly possible that it is nothing serious, I think a vet visit is a good idea.

An increase in thirst and urination in a young dog makes me worried that he has gotten into something that is toxic to his kidneys or liver. It is possible he has been exposed to leptospirosis which is an organism that can cause serious kidney and/or liver disease. If lepto is caught early enough it is treatable, but if left too long dogs can die from it.

Your vet will likely do some urine and possibly some blood tests and tell you whether there is any cause for concern.

I hope he is ok!

Swollen eyelid. My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had... (20882 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (12047 views)

Vaccine FeLV positive cat? If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp,... (9140 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (12751 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (15415 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (11591 views)

Dog is losing weight. I have a 7yr old larger sized min pin. Had her fixed at 1yrs old and she has always... (13065 views)

Popcorn in dog's stool? My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his... (21958 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (14937 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (9502 views)