Increase in dog's thirst and urination.

Breed: half husky other hal
My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to go outside to pee and it's not his normal pee they last over a min and he has never woke me up like to to use the bathroom. And then as soon as we get inside he gets him a big drink. Plus he snapped at 2 ppl the other day that was petting him and he has never done that before he usually loves ppl.Not sure if I'm over reacting or if I need to take him to the vet.

I always get concerned when a dog is drinking and urinating larger amounts than usual.

While it is certainly possible that it is nothing serious, I think a vet visit is a good idea.

An increase in thirst and urination in a young dog makes me worried that he has gotten into something that is toxic to his kidneys or liver. It is possible he has been exposed to leptospirosis which is an organism that can cause serious kidney and/or liver disease. If lepto is caught early enough it is treatable, but if left too long dogs can die from it.

Your vet will likely do some urine and possibly some blood tests and tell you whether there is any cause for concern.

I hope he is ok!

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (9479 views)

Dog pooping and peeing in house. why does my dog poo or pee when i leeve her out in the house at night ??? when i... (8612 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (9182 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (28205 views)

Ear swollen like balloon. My dog has a large swelling on her ear that looks like a balloon. She is shaking... (26181 views)

Female dog humping. My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on... (8435 views)

Spay 10 year old dog? Hello: I adopted a Belgian tervuren 10 months ago. She was already 10 years... (14868 views)

Kitten nursing on my neck. why does my 8 to 10 month old kitty keep trying to suckle at my neck. He will not... (14282 views)

Big belly in stray cat. Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting.... (22981 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (10359 views)