Increase in dog's thirst and urination.

Breed: half husky other hal
My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to go outside to pee and it's not his normal pee they last over a min and he has never woke me up like to to use the bathroom. And then as soon as we get inside he gets him a big drink. Plus he snapped at 2 ppl the other day that was petting him and he has never done that before he usually loves ppl.Not sure if I'm over reacting or if I need to take him to the vet.

I always get concerned when a dog is drinking and urinating larger amounts than usual.

While it is certainly possible that it is nothing serious, I think a vet visit is a good idea.

An increase in thirst and urination in a young dog makes me worried that he has gotten into something that is toxic to his kidneys or liver. It is possible he has been exposed to leptospirosis which is an organism that can cause serious kidney and/or liver disease. If lepto is caught early enough it is treatable, but if left too long dogs can die from it.

Your vet will likely do some urine and possibly some blood tests and tell you whether there is any cause for concern.

I hope he is ok!

Dog doesn't like u/d For a dog that has once needed to have surgery to have bladder stones removed do you... (20068 views)

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (20048 views)

Puppy ate Imodium We think our 11-week-old puppy ate an Imodium. He weighs 6.5 pounds. Do we need to... (22366 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (33272 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (30883 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (22513 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (9901 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, My puppy won't eat and has a soft mushy stool. I just got him Yesterday. Could... (8319 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (12476 views)

Dog licking at penis. Hi doc- Little background- Austin is 4- very active, outgoing. He has Addison's... (266430 views)