Increase in dog's thirst and urination.

Breed: half husky other hal
My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to go outside to pee and it's not his normal pee they last over a min and he has never woke me up like to to use the bathroom. And then as soon as we get inside he gets him a big drink. Plus he snapped at 2 ppl the other day that was petting him and he has never done that before he usually loves ppl.Not sure if I'm over reacting or if I need to take him to the vet.

I always get concerned when a dog is drinking and urinating larger amounts than usual.

While it is certainly possible that it is nothing serious, I think a vet visit is a good idea.

An increase in thirst and urination in a young dog makes me worried that he has gotten into something that is toxic to his kidneys or liver. It is possible he has been exposed to leptospirosis which is an organism that can cause serious kidney and/or liver disease. If lepto is caught early enough it is treatable, but if left too long dogs can die from it.

Your vet will likely do some urine and possibly some blood tests and tell you whether there is any cause for concern.

I hope he is ok!

Dog ate sewing needle. I think my dog has swallowed a sewing needle. What should I... (35886 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (8762 views)

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (15337 views)

Vet drained cyst. A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically... (7356 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (13474 views)

Low fat foods and tripe for pancreatitis. My 3 yr old Golden who was on Orijen for 2 years had a pancreatitis attack about 6... (23335 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (6687 views)

Best cat foods. One cat is 13 pounds and 7 years old. He is heavy, but it doesn't look or feel like... (4804 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (33156 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (8424 views)