Increase in dog's thirst and urination.

Breed: half husky other hal
My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to go outside to pee and it's not his normal pee they last over a min and he has never woke me up like to to use the bathroom. And then as soon as we get inside he gets him a big drink. Plus he snapped at 2 ppl the other day that was petting him and he has never done that before he usually loves ppl.Not sure if I'm over reacting or if I need to take him to the vet.

I always get concerned when a dog is drinking and urinating larger amounts than usual.

While it is certainly possible that it is nothing serious, I think a vet visit is a good idea.

An increase in thirst and urination in a young dog makes me worried that he has gotten into something that is toxic to his kidneys or liver. It is possible he has been exposed to leptospirosis which is an organism that can cause serious kidney and/or liver disease. If lepto is caught early enough it is treatable, but if left too long dogs can die from it.

Your vet will likely do some urine and possibly some blood tests and tell you whether there is any cause for concern.

I hope he is ok!

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (12320 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (11998 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (22402 views)

Dry nose in a dog. is it normal that my 10 year old dog haves a very dry nose everytime?... (9341 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (11587 views)

Dog ate a feminine pad. My Boyfriend's Dog scooter is a German Shorthaired Pointer. He is about 4 years old.... (207038 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (30276 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (13274 views)

Drinking and urinating more. my dog is drinking so much water lately.and she is also leaving large wet spots on... (8504 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (12083 views)