Increase in dog's thirst and urination.

Breed: half husky other hal
My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to go outside to pee and it's not his normal pee they last over a min and he has never woke me up like to to use the bathroom. And then as soon as we get inside he gets him a big drink. Plus he snapped at 2 ppl the other day that was petting him and he has never done that before he usually loves ppl.Not sure if I'm over reacting or if I need to take him to the vet.

I always get concerned when a dog is drinking and urinating larger amounts than usual.

While it is certainly possible that it is nothing serious, I think a vet visit is a good idea.

An increase in thirst and urination in a young dog makes me worried that he has gotten into something that is toxic to his kidneys or liver. It is possible he has been exposed to leptospirosis which is an organism that can cause serious kidney and/or liver disease. If lepto is caught early enough it is treatable, but if left too long dogs can die from it.

Your vet will likely do some urine and possibly some blood tests and tell you whether there is any cause for concern.

I hope he is ok!

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (42843 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (4763 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (20326 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (11883 views)

Advantage Multi Reaction? Cat losing weight after advantage multi treatment, what can I do to make him start... (8109 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (24465 views)

Dog leaking urine. Aud is 5 year old black mini poodle. The past 3 days she is leaking urine. She is... (20947 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (13467 views)

Can you die from a cat bite? hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any... (19155 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (11851 views)