Heavy breathing in dog.

Breed: Border collie x Labr
My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time, and has done for quite some time now. I am interested in finding out if this could be anything serious? She is not overweight and gets an adequate amount of exercise and is otherwise in good health. Thank you for your time.
Regards,
Laura

Thanks for your question. This is a tough one to answer without examining Misty but I'll give you a few of my thoughts.

It may be worthwhile to ask your vet about a condition called laryngeal paralysis. This is common in labs, but can happen in any breed. When this happens, the larynx doesn't open properly and it can be harder for an animal to breath. There is a surgery that can be done for laryngeal paralysis but it does come with risks and can be expensive.

A heart condition could cause this. Most dogs with a heart condition will have a heart murmur that can be heard by your vet.

Some dogs can get asthma as well. This is usually treated well with medication.

There are also some other lung conditions such as tumors, parasites (such as heartworm) or infections that could be causing this.

A vet visit is a really good idea!

Sick after eating Iams ProHealth. My cat has been eating IAMS PROHEALTH and this morning he threw up 4 times and now... (10847 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (11514 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (13836 views)

Aggressive dog torn nail Lincoln split his nail 2 weeks ago. I put Neosporin on it and wrapped it with a... (17949 views)

Bumps around anus. Itchiness and swollen bumps "cauliflower" looking around her vagina and anus. She... (58018 views)

Pregnant dog has tick disease. my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her... (13012 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (26163 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (7018 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (7084 views)

Dog urinating in house. hey my 5 year old staff has started urinating in the house she has never done this... (12053 views)