Dog has itchy lumps

Breed: jack russel
my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit itchy

Hi and thanks for your question.

There are a number of possible reasons for a dog to have itchy lumps on the body. I won't be able to say for sure without seeing her, but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lumps suddenly appeared then it is possible she is having an allergic reaction to an insect sting. If this is the case, you can talk to your vet about giving Benadryl as this will help. If it is an allergic reaction because of a bee or wasp sting then you shouldn't need to give the benadryl for more than 2 days.

If there are scabs over the lumps then it is possible that she has a skin infection. Unfortunately skin infections almost always need to be treated with oral antibiotics which would have to be prescribed by your vet.

I hope she does ok!

Patches of hair loss on snout. Hi, my dog Penelope has started to develop a patch of hair loss on the right side of... (15890 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (12105 views)

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (8420 views)

Ear problems in a cat. I adopted my cat Fudge from a shelter when he was 9. He came with a host of... (8400 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (18742 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (10961 views)

Spinal cord lymphoma Hello Dr. Marie, Our angel puppy Oreo passed away last night. We decided to move... (9652 views)

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (4938 views)

Chin acne in a dog. My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I... (9615 views)

Dog can't bark. I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds... (20437 views)