Dog has itchy lumps

Breed: jack russel
my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit itchy

Hi and thanks for your question.

There are a number of possible reasons for a dog to have itchy lumps on the body. I won't be able to say for sure without seeing her, but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lumps suddenly appeared then it is possible she is having an allergic reaction to an insect sting. If this is the case, you can talk to your vet about giving Benadryl as this will help. If it is an allergic reaction because of a bee or wasp sting then you shouldn't need to give the benadryl for more than 2 days.

If there are scabs over the lumps then it is possible that she has a skin infection. Unfortunately skin infections almost always need to be treated with oral antibiotics which would have to be prescribed by your vet.

I hope she does ok!

Remove lumps? Sammy is an 8 yr old golden from a fairly good breeder. But Cancer is know to be in... (8005 views)

Blood pressure for a bird. What is a normal Blood pressure for an AFrican Grey Parrot her wing pressure was... (5151 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (6250 views)

Testicles are swollen. Bingo was hit from behind by a car mon nite. He got several cuts on 1 side of face,... (12388 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (3861 views)

Black lump under cat's eye. Few months ago, there is a small tiny transparent bubble grow under the skin below... (10537 views)

Possible asthma My 7 year old cat has always had frequent hairballs. I have always suspected he had... (9814 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (7427 views)

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (73718 views)

Liver cancer questions. My dog Penny was on trilo for Cushings - Dec 2010- then she went into Addisons went... (4756 views)