Dog has itchy lumps

Breed: jack russel
my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit itchy

Hi and thanks for your question.

There are a number of possible reasons for a dog to have itchy lumps on the body. I won't be able to say for sure without seeing her, but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lumps suddenly appeared then it is possible she is having an allergic reaction to an insect sting. If this is the case, you can talk to your vet about giving Benadryl as this will help. If it is an allergic reaction because of a bee or wasp sting then you shouldn't need to give the benadryl for more than 2 days.

If there are scabs over the lumps then it is possible that she has a skin infection. Unfortunately skin infections almost always need to be treated with oral antibiotics which would have to be prescribed by your vet.

I hope she does ok!

Dog pees on the furniture. Rusty is a reserve rescue dog we have had since this summer. He is an absolute joy... (8291 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (48638 views)

Rottweiler can't stand. Hello, We have a 13 year old Rott who was diagnosed with arthritis of the spine. ... (31826 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (33777 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (58121 views)

Swollen throat. over night my dogs thropat and cheeks have swallon really bad (looks like a hamster... (24201 views)

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (5952 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (31913 views)

Testicular and splenic masses. My 9 year old Golden Retriever had enlarged testicles with no other symptoms. I took... (11280 views)

Seizures in a Yorkie. This past Monday she had an episode where she went limp and wasn't responsive to her... (24272 views)