Dog has itchy lumps

Breed: jack russel
my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit itchy

Hi and thanks for your question.

There are a number of possible reasons for a dog to have itchy lumps on the body. I won't be able to say for sure without seeing her, but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lumps suddenly appeared then it is possible she is having an allergic reaction to an insect sting. If this is the case, you can talk to your vet about giving Benadryl as this will help. If it is an allergic reaction because of a bee or wasp sting then you shouldn't need to give the benadryl for more than 2 days.

If there are scabs over the lumps then it is possible that she has a skin infection. Unfortunately skin infections almost always need to be treated with oral antibiotics which would have to be prescribed by your vet.

I hope she does ok!

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (5438 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (12057 views)

Hypothermic dog. Two days ago my black lab pup fell threw some ice, he was in the water for about 5... (9843 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (31016 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (11754 views)

Dog sick after eating apricots. Yesterday I found Poppy and my other Aussie eating apricots from the neighbors... (21303 views)

Dog suddenly needy. Austin is 7. He is a shelter dog. I've had him since he was 2-ish. He was diagnosed... (35821 views)

Liver infections in cat. My 13 year old cat has had at least 3 serious, life threatening liver infections... (7268 views)

Great Dane footpad problems. I am employeed as a dog walker and recently began visiting a young Great Dane. Her... (12257 views)

Do cats get leptospirosis? Hi... My Name is Dasha.. i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I had a kitten, named Lilo,... (11892 views)