Dog has itchy lumps

Breed: jack russel
my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit itchy

Hi and thanks for your question.

There are a number of possible reasons for a dog to have itchy lumps on the body. I won't be able to say for sure without seeing her, but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lumps suddenly appeared then it is possible she is having an allergic reaction to an insect sting. If this is the case, you can talk to your vet about giving Benadryl as this will help. If it is an allergic reaction because of a bee or wasp sting then you shouldn't need to give the benadryl for more than 2 days.

If there are scabs over the lumps then it is possible that she has a skin infection. Unfortunately skin infections almost always need to be treated with oral antibiotics which would have to be prescribed by your vet.

I hope she does ok!

Rat bleeding from eye. It started about 4-5 weeks ago when I noticed my girl was bleeding from her eye and... (18040 views)

Cerenia and buprenorphine My 18 year old cat was given a shot of cerenia and then 12 hours later I gave her... (7990 views)

Red lump between dog's toes. Hello I noticed that Sam has a big red swellen bump between second and third... (85625 views)

Pemphigus and prednisone. Dear Dr Marie I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income... (4596 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (9542 views)

Large lymph nodes. I spoke with you on sunday night about my shih tzu., I brought him to the vet on... (21778 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (8838 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (5249 views)

Dog peeing on furniture Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and... (7953 views)

Kitten with yellow diarrhea. Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse... (9445 views)