Dog has itchy lumps

Breed: jack russel
my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit itchy

Hi and thanks for your question.

There are a number of possible reasons for a dog to have itchy lumps on the body. I won't be able to say for sure without seeing her, but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lumps suddenly appeared then it is possible she is having an allergic reaction to an insect sting. If this is the case, you can talk to your vet about giving Benadryl as this will help. If it is an allergic reaction because of a bee or wasp sting then you shouldn't need to give the benadryl for more than 2 days.

If there are scabs over the lumps then it is possible that she has a skin infection. Unfortunately skin infections almost always need to be treated with oral antibiotics which would have to be prescribed by your vet.

I hope she does ok!

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (5409 views)

Dog's nails are breaking. My dog is about 10 years old and shows no signs of any illness. Recently, her nails... (6930 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (7400 views)

Vomiting and not eating. My shepherd mix, Beanie, is 8 years old, weighs about 44 pounds, and has always been... (5907 views)

Spots on belly of Golden Retriever. my dog recently had dirty brown spots on her stomach when i touch them or wash them... (11849 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (9899 views)

Do cats get leptospirosis? Hi... My Name is Dasha.. i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I had a kitten, named Lilo,... (9024 views)

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (8655 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (36421 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (10478 views)