Dog has itchy lumps

Breed: jack russel
my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit itchy

Hi and thanks for your question.

There are a number of possible reasons for a dog to have itchy lumps on the body. I won't be able to say for sure without seeing her, but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lumps suddenly appeared then it is possible she is having an allergic reaction to an insect sting. If this is the case, you can talk to your vet about giving Benadryl as this will help. If it is an allergic reaction because of a bee or wasp sting then you shouldn't need to give the benadryl for more than 2 days.

If there are scabs over the lumps then it is possible that she has a skin infection. Unfortunately skin infections almost always need to be treated with oral antibiotics which would have to be prescribed by your vet.

I hope she does ok!

Black bumps in cat's ear. My friend has 3 cats (all unrelated) out of her 6 cats, that all have melanoma's in... (49208 views)

Wound on dog's ear. Hello, my puppy has a tiny hole underneath his ear flap. It's red and I worry its... (8408 views)

Dog cowers and pees. my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks... (10897 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (6240 views)

Housetraining advice for puppy. I need housetraining advice. I got my new puppy a week ago and she is peeing on the... (6919 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (8375 views)

Why do dogs eat grass? I recently moved and walk my dog around the new neighborhood. Two times now he has... (11747 views)

Cat's tail fell off. My cat is a male, seven year old, siamese crossed with ginger named Skittles. Around... (33840 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (39098 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (18721 views)