Dog has itchy lumps

Breed: jack russel
my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit itchy

Hi and thanks for your question.

There are a number of possible reasons for a dog to have itchy lumps on the body. I won't be able to say for sure without seeing her, but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lumps suddenly appeared then it is possible she is having an allergic reaction to an insect sting. If this is the case, you can talk to your vet about giving Benadryl as this will help. If it is an allergic reaction because of a bee or wasp sting then you shouldn't need to give the benadryl for more than 2 days.

If there are scabs over the lumps then it is possible that she has a skin infection. Unfortunately skin infections almost always need to be treated with oral antibiotics which would have to be prescribed by your vet.

I hope she does ok!

Feeding chicken liver to dogs. I feed Petey a high quality dry dog food in the morning, but I enjoy cooking his... (63537 views)

Wobbly lab. Hello - About 4 weeks ago, Koda started acting very stiff around his neck so we... (13308 views)

Dog ate moldy food. I know its likely my question won't get answered, and this is a question that can't... (26367 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (9679 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (87428 views)

Dog biting at tail. I just noticed earlier today Sept. 29th that my Husky has chunks of hair missing... (29908 views)

Limping dog. Hello, My dog is a GS mix - she is just over 1 yr old and weighs approx. 70 lbs. ... (18085 views)

Cat straining and in pain. Last night, my cat began meowing as if she was about to vomit but was acting as if... (24847 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (3796 views)

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (8862 views)