Dog has itchy lumps

Breed: jack russel
my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit itchy

Hi and thanks for your question.

There are a number of possible reasons for a dog to have itchy lumps on the body. I won't be able to say for sure without seeing her, but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lumps suddenly appeared then it is possible she is having an allergic reaction to an insect sting. If this is the case, you can talk to your vet about giving Benadryl as this will help. If it is an allergic reaction because of a bee or wasp sting then you shouldn't need to give the benadryl for more than 2 days.

If there are scabs over the lumps then it is possible that she has a skin infection. Unfortunately skin infections almost always need to be treated with oral antibiotics which would have to be prescribed by your vet.

I hope she does ok!

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (6160 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (5081 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (3282 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (5307 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (7518 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (9937 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (4912 views)

Sick after spay. She was spayed a week ago and has been fine (no problem with incision, etc.).... (27408 views)

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (7238 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (7370 views)