Lump under eye.

Breed: lab
Hello Marie
My yellow lab "Lucy" has developed a hard lump one inch under her left eye, near her upper jaw. The lump is about the size of a almond or maybe a small walnut. It is hard and does not seem to bother her when i touch it. It is very stable and does not move around. Any advice would be appretiated.

It's always hard to diagnose lumps online but I can give you a few ideas as to what could be going on.

The most common reason for a dog to get a lump in this area is a tooth root infection. The tooth that is usually the culprit is the largest tooth you can see on the top of her mouth. Sometimes you can see that the tooth is sore or that the gums are really red, but sometimes there is no obvious sign of infection. Usually a vet can tell though. If the tooth is infected it will need to come out.

We do see tumors that can affect the bone of the face but this is less likely.

It probably is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (10661 views)

Two kittens limping. Yesterday my two indoor 6 month old cats started limping and favoring their dominant... (6229 views)

Incontinence she will be lying on the floor and she just pees and does not know or realize she... (8626 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7362 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (40751 views)

Sensitive tail and belly. My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does... (4491 views)

Should dog be euthanized if he bites? We adopted a lab / hound mix dog from a local shelter. They didn't know much about... (11467 views)

Cat attacked by dogs. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats (mostly rescues) who have grown up together and have... (30967 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (37988 views)

Swollen lip My cat gets frequent and sudden swelling on her face (her bottom lip usually but... (13583 views)