Lump under eye.

Breed: lab
Hello Marie
My yellow lab "Lucy" has developed a hard lump one inch under her left eye, near her upper jaw. The lump is about the size of a almond or maybe a small walnut. It is hard and does not seem to bother her when i touch it. It is very stable and does not move around. Any advice would be appretiated.

It's always hard to diagnose lumps online but I can give you a few ideas as to what could be going on.

The most common reason for a dog to get a lump in this area is a tooth root infection. The tooth that is usually the culprit is the largest tooth you can see on the top of her mouth. Sometimes you can see that the tooth is sore or that the gums are really red, but sometimes there is no obvious sign of infection. Usually a vet can tell though. If the tooth is infected it will need to come out.

We do see tumors that can affect the bone of the face but this is less likely.

It probably is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

Hair loss in patches. Hi we live in a remote community up near Darwin in Australia. Four weeks ago we took... (8984 views)

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (13863 views)

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (30373 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (5324 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (21443 views)

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (8210 views)

Sneezing dog. My 1 year old Chihuahua has been sneezing and reverse sneezing for the last couple... (25227 views)

Dog throws up 3-5 times per week. Max is active & playful. He's a picky eater but seems to eat enough and drinks... (14879 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (34215 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (20468 views)