Lump under eye.

Breed: lab
Hello Marie
My yellow lab "Lucy" has developed a hard lump one inch under her left eye, near her upper jaw. The lump is about the size of a almond or maybe a small walnut. It is hard and does not seem to bother her when i touch it. It is very stable and does not move around. Any advice would be appretiated.

It's always hard to diagnose lumps online but I can give you a few ideas as to what could be going on.

The most common reason for a dog to get a lump in this area is a tooth root infection. The tooth that is usually the culprit is the largest tooth you can see on the top of her mouth. Sometimes you can see that the tooth is sore or that the gums are really red, but sometimes there is no obvious sign of infection. Usually a vet can tell though. If the tooth is infected it will need to come out.

We do see tumors that can affect the bone of the face but this is less likely.

It probably is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (9295 views)

Prednisone and Tramadol for Neck Pain. Seymour is a 7-year old black neufy/mix, 110 lbs,very strong and energetic. The... (16233 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (8851 views)

Eye and ear infections. My dog was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago. We are giving her Humulin N. ... (13890 views)

Lump under eye. Hello Marie My yellow lab "Lucy" has developed a hard lump one inch under her left... (50367 views)

One small testicle. I have a 25 week old male pup who had 2 normal testicles at 8 weeks old. At about 10... (22315 views)

Cooked garlic safety? I have 2 dogs. An 8 pound shipoo and a 20 pound mini shnauzer. The shipoo has... (7332 views)

Is coconut oil good for dogs? Hello, I'm writing to find out if coconut oil is safe and beneficial to feed my... (8296 views)

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (7713 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (19501 views)