Lump under eye.

Breed: lab
Hello Marie
My yellow lab "Lucy" has developed a hard lump one inch under her left eye, near her upper jaw. The lump is about the size of a almond or maybe a small walnut. It is hard and does not seem to bother her when i touch it. It is very stable and does not move around. Any advice would be appretiated.

It's always hard to diagnose lumps online but I can give you a few ideas as to what could be going on.

The most common reason for a dog to get a lump in this area is a tooth root infection. The tooth that is usually the culprit is the largest tooth you can see on the top of her mouth. Sometimes you can see that the tooth is sore or that the gums are really red, but sometimes there is no obvious sign of infection. Usually a vet can tell though. If the tooth is infected it will need to come out.

We do see tumors that can affect the bone of the face but this is less likely.

It probably is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (10904 views)

Brown fur from licking. Plato has been licking his paws, face and butt a lot. Now those areas are turning... (45605 views)

Dog has heart failure. Hello, I am considering adopting a special needs dog. He is 3 and has a grade 3... (6949 views)

Pregnant if bred when bleeding? I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with... (74588 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (175733 views)

Swollen dog testicles. can dogs get testuculer or prostate cancers? my dog has swollen testicles, and is... (35427 views)

Black lump under cat's eye. Few months ago, there is a small tiny transparent bubble grow under the skin below... (16756 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (6438 views)

Dog or cat pooping in house. Everyday – twice a day – morning and when I get home from work –... (19095 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (28713 views)