Lump under eye.

Breed: lab
Hello Marie
My yellow lab "Lucy" has developed a hard lump one inch under her left eye, near her upper jaw. The lump is about the size of a almond or maybe a small walnut. It is hard and does not seem to bother her when i touch it. It is very stable and does not move around. Any advice would be appretiated.

It's always hard to diagnose lumps online but I can give you a few ideas as to what could be going on.

The most common reason for a dog to get a lump in this area is a tooth root infection. The tooth that is usually the culprit is the largest tooth you can see on the top of her mouth. Sometimes you can see that the tooth is sore or that the gums are really red, but sometimes there is no obvious sign of infection. Usually a vet can tell though. If the tooth is infected it will need to come out.

We do see tumors that can affect the bone of the face but this is less likely.

It probably is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

Hypothermic dog. Two days ago my black lab pup fell threw some ice, he was in the water for about 5... (8924 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (8803 views)

Pregnant cat question. Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time... (30056 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (4579 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (13811 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting. My cat has had a problem with gassy diarrhea and vomiting over the past 3 weeks. My... (8559 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (13551 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (21949 views)

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (8794 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (7992 views)