Dog ate mouldy treats.

Breed: lab
My labs get milkbone treats twice a day...I just noticed they have mold on them. Will they get sick I dont have money to go to vet...I am looking online and many batches of milkbones over last year have had this issue and a product pull by manufacture was done on one batch...I am so stupid for not examining closer before I gave my labs thier morning and Pm snack.

A while back I wrote about a problem that milk bone had where they recalled some batches because the treats did not dry properly. (Milkbone recall. I speculated that one of the possible outcomes of this was that the milkbones could become mouldy.

In most cases, when a dog eats a mouldy treat they will get a little bit of stomach upset. Sometimes, however, mould can produce something called mycotoxins which can be much more serious and cause serious sickness and neurological problems like seizures.

At this point, we'll have to see how your dogs do. If they seem really unwell then yes I would recommend a vet visit. But, I am guessing that they will be just fine.

Improper tail docking? I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies... (7861 views)

Inbreeding dogs. is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies... (40863 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (7785 views)

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (14977 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (22854 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (10343 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (7880 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (8292 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (11004 views)

Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism. I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle... (7180 views)