Black lump under cat's eye.

Breed: N/A
Few months ago, there is a small tiny transparent bubble grow under the skin below Fei Meow's left eye. I left it to observe. And now it became a tiny little black dot, little swollen (not completely flat).

Fei Meow seems not aware of this dot as it didn't seem to be itchy or pain. (He does clean his faces (both side) with hands).

Would you suggest to do the surgery to remove it? Would there be other ways instead of using surgery knife to cut it off?

I will send its picture to photos@askavetquestion.com. Thank you in advance.

Doris

Hi Doris. Thanks for sending a picture. (Your cat is very handsome. :) ) I've included the photo here:

lump under cat's eye

This is a tough thing to make a judgement call on over the internet, but I'll give you my thoughts on what I can see.

My first thought is that it is not likely to be anything to worry about. It could possibly be a wart or a cyst and if that is the case then it is more of a cosmetic thing than anything else.

If this gets larger or ulcerates or is bothersome to Fei Meow, then it is worthwhile to have a vet take a look at it. They may do a test called a fine needle aspirate where they put a small needle in and draw some cells out and then look at the cells under a microscope to determine if this is something serious. At this point though, with the size of the lump it may be difficult to do as it is so small.

If your vet does decide on surgery there are a couple of options. Most likely a general anesthetic would be best. The lump is small enough to use a local anesthetic, but it would be very difficult to keep a cat still and remove something that close to the eye with just a local. It is also possible that a cryotherapy treatment could be done if your vet has access to that. That is similar to burning a wart off with a liquid nitrogen type of material.

I hope that helps!

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (27361 views)

UTI in a kitten. Hi there, I have spoken to you in the past, and am looking for a little advice... (11308 views)

Puppy breathing hard. Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has... (13101 views)

Guinea pig biting. How I can gently dissuade my guinea pig from nibbling and nipping me? Recently my... (8054 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (17147 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (4618 views)

Coughing and not eating. I recently adopted Bell (female) and Sid (6 month old male from a local animal... (5379 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (10243 views)

Big belly in stray cat. Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting.... (23202 views)

1 month puppy can't poop. She has been constipated for 3 days. We have put half tsp. olive oil in food, giving... (13525 views)