Chin acne in cats.

Breed: DSH
He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne on his chin and it still doesn't look like it's healing. What would a vet try next?

Chin acne can be difficult to deal with sometimes.

There are many different ways that we can deal with it. For some cats, oral antibiotics and a cleansing soap such as a mild chlorhexadine soap will work well.

The next thing I usually try is a medicated cream called Bactroban.

Another thing that sometimes works is using Oxypads which is a product that teenagers use for acne. The principle is the same. I have my clients clean the area with the pads 2-3 times per day.

Sometimes, what we think is chin acne is actually something else such as an eosinophilic ulcer. If this is the case then Bernie may need a steroid injection.

Or, if the chin is really bothered he may need a long course of oral antibiotics.

I hope this helps and I hope Bernie is feeling better soon!

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (17337 views)

Increased appetite and hair loss. My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she... (6969 views)

Cancer in a cat's chest. Hi there, I hope this wont be too long, but I want to provide the history of the... (11343 views)

Dog has horrible breath. How can i stop my dogs horriable breath. like home things that i could do like... (11404 views)

Pooping in house. I got my dog Clyde on June 25, 2012. He is a 4 year-old Lhasa. His previous owners... (11377 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (8209 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (25041 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (7117 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (24351 views)

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (27719 views)