Chin acne in cats.

Breed: DSH
He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne on his chin and it still doesn't look like it's healing. What would a vet try next?

Chin acne can be difficult to deal with sometimes.

There are many different ways that we can deal with it. For some cats, oral antibiotics and a cleansing soap such as a mild chlorhexadine soap will work well.

The next thing I usually try is a medicated cream called Bactroban.

Another thing that sometimes works is using Oxypads which is a product that teenagers use for acne. The principle is the same. I have my clients clean the area with the pads 2-3 times per day.

Sometimes, what we think is chin acne is actually something else such as an eosinophilic ulcer. If this is the case then Bernie may need a steroid injection.

Or, if the chin is really bothered he may need a long course of oral antibiotics.

I hope this helps and I hope Bernie is feeling better soon!

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (7036 views)

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (6268 views)

Popcorn in dog's stool? My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his... (9214 views)

Yorkie with Possible Pyometra. have a 7 year old female Yorkie that has been limp and despondent for 3 days. She... (11440 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (9521 views)

Not eating losing weight. Age: 13 months Weight: 8 1/2 pounds He was 9 pounds, but lost half a pound in May.... (3519 views)

Tresaderm causing seizure? Hi, I have a special-needs 6 year old cat that was born with a neurological... (4436 views)

Puppy vaccinations. I have a new puppy. I was given his vaccination record (number of... (3780 views)

Problems after ear cleaning. I took my cat to the vet about three weeks ago to his ears flushed out because he... (9585 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (12516 views)