Chin acne in cats.

Breed: DSH
He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne on his chin and it still doesn't look like it's healing. What would a vet try next?

Chin acne can be difficult to deal with sometimes.

There are many different ways that we can deal with it. For some cats, oral antibiotics and a cleansing soap such as a mild chlorhexadine soap will work well.

The next thing I usually try is a medicated cream called Bactroban.

Another thing that sometimes works is using Oxypads which is a product that teenagers use for acne. The principle is the same. I have my clients clean the area with the pads 2-3 times per day.

Sometimes, what we think is chin acne is actually something else such as an eosinophilic ulcer. If this is the case then Bernie may need a steroid injection.

Or, if the chin is really bothered he may need a long course of oral antibiotics.

I hope this helps and I hope Bernie is feeling better soon!

Clindamycin overdose? I have been caring for Sox, a feral. Awhile back Sox started coughing on and off... (5795 views)

Older dog liver problems. We gave a 13 year old Maltese. He has had liver shunts and since he was 3 months we... (9230 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (30528 views)

Dog won't gain weight. Our boy, Zidane, was born May 19, 2009, which makes Zidane almost 18 months old. He... (10957 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (8463 views)

Dog is paralyzed. How are you? I have been reading lots of articles at your site and they help me... (3831 views)

Can a feral cat be tamed? Dr. Marie - a few months ago I came across a feral cat who is now named Gypsy. I... (6381 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (5089 views)

Full anal glands. full anal... (5370 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (13074 views)