Chin acne in cats.

Breed: DSH
He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne on his chin and it still doesn't look like it's healing. What would a vet try next?

Chin acne can be difficult to deal with sometimes.

There are many different ways that we can deal with it. For some cats, oral antibiotics and a cleansing soap such as a mild chlorhexadine soap will work well.

The next thing I usually try is a medicated cream called Bactroban.

Another thing that sometimes works is using Oxypads which is a product that teenagers use for acne. The principle is the same. I have my clients clean the area with the pads 2-3 times per day.

Sometimes, what we think is chin acne is actually something else such as an eosinophilic ulcer. If this is the case then Bernie may need a steroid injection.

Or, if the chin is really bothered he may need a long course of oral antibiotics.

I hope this helps and I hope Bernie is feeling better soon!

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (8062 views)

Horrible euthanasia experience Why was my pets euthanasia a nightmare? I brought my cat Jack in for euthanasia... (9828 views)

Rabbit euthanasia questions. I had my bunny put down due to a spinal injury. The vet said they gave her gas to... (6115 views)

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (21993 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (17826 views)

Upper respiratory infection. HI Dr. Marie, Ten days ago a neighborhood cat started hanging around my house. I... (9744 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (116728 views)

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (14850 views)

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (21773 views)

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (7959 views)