Chin acne in cats.

Breed: DSH
He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne on his chin and it still doesn't look like it's healing. What would a vet try next?

Chin acne can be difficult to deal with sometimes.

There are many different ways that we can deal with it. For some cats, oral antibiotics and a cleansing soap such as a mild chlorhexadine soap will work well.

The next thing I usually try is a medicated cream called Bactroban.

Another thing that sometimes works is using Oxypads which is a product that teenagers use for acne. The principle is the same. I have my clients clean the area with the pads 2-3 times per day.

Sometimes, what we think is chin acne is actually something else such as an eosinophilic ulcer. If this is the case then Bernie may need a steroid injection.

Or, if the chin is really bothered he may need a long course of oral antibiotics.

I hope this helps and I hope Bernie is feeling better soon!

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (16468 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (23139 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (11345 views)

Is this distemper? I live in Mexico and I rescued Trinket when she was 8 to 10 weeks old. She had... (8576 views)

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (7122 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (11100 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (42479 views)

Rabbit not moving. this morning she was fine, now she is laying lifeless, her belly is flat like she... (6120 views)

Flea problems. WELL MY CAT HAD FLEA'S AND I DEFLEAD THE CAT THE PRODUCTS I USED TO DEFLEA MY CAT... (8735 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (7488 views)