Chin acne in cats.

Breed: DSH
He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne on his chin and it still doesn't look like it's healing. What would a vet try next?

Chin acne can be difficult to deal with sometimes.

There are many different ways that we can deal with it. For some cats, oral antibiotics and a cleansing soap such as a mild chlorhexadine soap will work well.

The next thing I usually try is a medicated cream called Bactroban.

Another thing that sometimes works is using Oxypads which is a product that teenagers use for acne. The principle is the same. I have my clients clean the area with the pads 2-3 times per day.

Sometimes, what we think is chin acne is actually something else such as an eosinophilic ulcer. If this is the case then Bernie may need a steroid injection.

Or, if the chin is really bothered he may need a long course of oral antibiotics.

I hope this helps and I hope Bernie is feeling better soon!

Not eating, drinking or peeing. I aquired this 10yr old fixed,declawed male cat a couple of months ago. for about 4... (14399 views)

Did cat die from eating fertilizer? Hello, a couple of days ago I found one of my cats dead in the garden. Although he... (13498 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (13294 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (11704 views)

Antibiotics for stuffed up nose. Hello again Dr. Marie, writing again about our dog Sparky and have some questions.... (8114 views)

Discolored fur around mouth. I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink... (15464 views)

Small open wound on dog Our min pin lives out in country with us. We have enclosed 1/2 acre fenced area. She... (16884 views)

Bloated stomach in Papillion. my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day... (28050 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (9898 views)

Sick puppy. Our Westie puppy, Minnie, is 12 weeks old today. We got her 23 days ago. From Day... (12888 views)