Chin acne in cats.

Breed: DSH
He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne on his chin and it still doesn't look like it's healing. What would a vet try next?

Chin acne can be difficult to deal with sometimes.

There are many different ways that we can deal with it. For some cats, oral antibiotics and a cleansing soap such as a mild chlorhexadine soap will work well.

The next thing I usually try is a medicated cream called Bactroban.

Another thing that sometimes works is using Oxypads which is a product that teenagers use for acne. The principle is the same. I have my clients clean the area with the pads 2-3 times per day.

Sometimes, what we think is chin acne is actually something else such as an eosinophilic ulcer. If this is the case then Bernie may need a steroid injection.

Or, if the chin is really bothered he may need a long course of oral antibiotics.

I hope this helps and I hope Bernie is feeling better soon!

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (45008 views)

OTC sedation for cats. I just brought my two cats home from their dental cleaning and found out that they... (112047 views)

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (7629 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (57648 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (25090 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (51394 views)

Dog has heart murmur. Hello, Dr. Marie: When my dog was still a puppy, the vet told me that she had a 3... (39459 views)

Cyst on dog? My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her... (11815 views)

Bassett hound freaks out Our dog is healthy and happy, usually. He's been to the vet once per year to get his... (9710 views)

Bumps on dog's chin. my dog has some bumps under her mouth and one on the side of her mouth. they were... (45084 views)