Chin acne in cats.

Breed: DSH
He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne on his chin and it still doesn't look like it's healing. What would a vet try next?

Chin acne can be difficult to deal with sometimes.

There are many different ways that we can deal with it. For some cats, oral antibiotics and a cleansing soap such as a mild chlorhexadine soap will work well.

The next thing I usually try is a medicated cream called Bactroban.

Another thing that sometimes works is using Oxypads which is a product that teenagers use for acne. The principle is the same. I have my clients clean the area with the pads 2-3 times per day.

Sometimes, what we think is chin acne is actually something else such as an eosinophilic ulcer. If this is the case then Bernie may need a steroid injection.

Or, if the chin is really bothered he may need a long course of oral antibiotics.

I hope this helps and I hope Bernie is feeling better soon!

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (35698 views)

Bumps on bulldog. Dr. Marie, Rocky has been having a series of hives over the past few weeks, which... (12258 views)

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (4711 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (4847 views)

Purple feces. Why is my dog's poop... (10912 views)

Muscle tremors and distemper. I have an around 4 - 6 month old puppy who was a street dog in Dharamsala India. She... (8257 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (3517 views)

Blood in urine. I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am. I have just noticed while... (7554 views)

Does my puppy have a UTI? My puggle puppy usually tells me when she has to go out. But for the past two-three... (8414 views)

Sending dog to UK. My cats were given Killed Virus 3 year vaccine (Fort Dodge Rabvac 3TF) at 4 months... (5018 views)