Popcorn in dog's stool?

Breed: Dachsund
My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his stool. It was yellow, and well, just about the right size and shape for popcorn. Except he hasn't eaten any popcorn.

I searched online and ended up coming across some pictures of urates in reptile stools that looked similar... but he's a dog.

He ate breakfast, is taking a nap, and seems okay. Any idea what it is? Is he okay?

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Is corn bad for dogs?
Can dogs eat corn?

Well this is an interesting question! Is there any chance you have a photo of the object? If so, you can email it to photos@askavetquestion.com.

I really can't think of anything that would be in a dog's stool that would look like a popped piece of popcorn. We really don't see urates in dog stool like you would in reptiles.

You can sometimes see tapeworm segments in a dog's stool but they would look similar to a grain of rice, not popcorn.

I'm wondering if he happened to pick up and eat something out in the yard or on a walk?

Again, I really can't think of anything that would look like this that would be a cause for concern. If you do have a picture, as gross as that would be, I would love to see it! :)

Tick Borne Disease. I took my dog to the vet on both Friday and Saturday. He has a fever. He has a... (10983 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (11124 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (15347 views)

Round spot on cat's leg. He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the... (8627 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (57744 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (31202 views)

Dog pooping blood. My dog is pooping blood, but not pooping. Just blood coming out like she is... (15188 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (15308 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (10144 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (9114 views)