Popcorn in dog's stool?

Breed: Dachsund
My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his stool. It was yellow, and well, just about the right size and shape for popcorn. Except he hasn't eaten any popcorn.

I searched online and ended up coming across some pictures of urates in reptile stools that looked similar... but he's a dog.

He ate breakfast, is taking a nap, and seems okay. Any idea what it is? Is he okay?

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Is corn bad for dogs?
Can dogs eat corn?

Well this is an interesting question! Is there any chance you have a photo of the object? If so, you can email it to photos@askavetquestion.com.

I really can't think of anything that would be in a dog's stool that would look like a popped piece of popcorn. We really don't see urates in dog stool like you would in reptiles.

You can sometimes see tapeworm segments in a dog's stool but they would look similar to a grain of rice, not popcorn.

I'm wondering if he happened to pick up and eat something out in the yard or on a walk?

Again, I really can't think of anything that would look like this that would be a cause for concern. If you do have a picture, as gross as that would be, I would love to see it! :)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (10248 views)

Dog biting at tail. I just noticed earlier today Sept. 29th that my Husky has chunks of hair missing... (37316 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (19511 views)

Puppy ate Imodium We think our 11-week-old puppy ate an Imodium. He weighs 6.5 pounds. Do we need to... (31676 views)

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (17630 views)

Rimadyl and liver problems. Hi Dr. Marie Last night my dog sustained some type of injury to himself while... (11323 views)

Wobbly drooling kitten. I have a 6 month old tabby and a few days ago he started walking almost bow legged... (16866 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (13422 views)

Housetraining advice for puppy. I need housetraining advice. I got my new puppy a week ago and she is peeing on the... (11778 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (6160 views)