Popcorn in dog's stool?

Breed: Dachsund
My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his stool. It was yellow, and well, just about the right size and shape for popcorn. Except he hasn't eaten any popcorn.

I searched online and ended up coming across some pictures of urates in reptile stools that looked similar... but he's a dog.

He ate breakfast, is taking a nap, and seems okay. Any idea what it is? Is he okay?

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Is corn bad for dogs?
Can dogs eat corn?

Well this is an interesting question! Is there any chance you have a photo of the object? If so, you can email it to photos@askavetquestion.com.

I really can't think of anything that would be in a dog's stool that would look like a popped piece of popcorn. We really don't see urates in dog stool like you would in reptiles.

You can sometimes see tapeworm segments in a dog's stool but they would look similar to a grain of rice, not popcorn.

I'm wondering if he happened to pick up and eat something out in the yard or on a walk?

Again, I really can't think of anything that would look like this that would be a cause for concern. If you do have a picture, as gross as that would be, I would love to see it! :)

calamine lotion on dogs Doeden has a itchy rash, raised pale bumps, on the back of his neck; I put on some... (93100 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (48738 views)

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (11091 views)

14 year old dog with diarrhea and weight loss I have 14 year old pomeranian. for the past 1 month, he is suffering from diarrhoea,... (17776 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello, I have been grieving because a few days ago I had my cat euthanized. I am... (29709 views)

Orange urine and trouble walking. my dog is a rottweiler not sure if he is a cross or not and unsure off the age but... (8400 views)

Trouble having bowel movements. ok so my pug has pooping weird lately. almost every time he goes he wines and runes... (5729 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (8806 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (24581 views)

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (6891 views)