Is this lump cancer?

Breed: black lab x rottie
I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom jaw that was not there just 3 days ago. I am a little worried about it as I have lost a dog to cancer before. The lump is under the skin, but is spongy to touch. It is not bothering her, she just seems like her happy self. She is eating a little less, but I am assuming it is from the lump, but she is drooling a lot more. Aside from that she appears fine. Should I put a warm compress on it and see if the lump gets smaller, I cant get her into the vet for another week and a half. Please help me out. Thank you!

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

Hopefully this is a small abscess on her mouth. If this is the case she may have to have it opened and then be given antibiotics.

Usually mouth cancers that affect the jaw are very hard to the touch.

However, it's really hard to make a comment without being able to feel and touch Sally's lump.

Hopefully you can have her seen soon!

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (15566 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (19817 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (8973 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (27102 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (6910 views)

Heartworm in a puppy? I recently sold an 11 week old pomeranian on January 24, 2010 due to allergies. I... (8108 views)

Rash on dog's chin. I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH... (10263 views)

Run over by car. we have a small part pomeranian dog, she old, but not sure how old. she was... (5753 views)

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (7544 views)

Fever and dizziness in older dog. Dear Dr. Marie, Kodi is a 15 years old Labrador, he is very active and love to... (2439 views)