Is this lump cancer?

Breed: black lab x rottie
I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom jaw that was not there just 3 days ago. I am a little worried about it as I have lost a dog to cancer before. The lump is under the skin, but is spongy to touch. It is not bothering her, she just seems like her happy self. She is eating a little less, but I am assuming it is from the lump, but she is drooling a lot more. Aside from that she appears fine. Should I put a warm compress on it and see if the lump gets smaller, I cant get her into the vet for another week and a half. Please help me out. Thank you!

Hopefully this is a small abscess on her mouth. If this is the case she may have to have it opened and then be given antibiotics.

Usually mouth cancers that affect the jaw are very hard to the touch.

However, it's really hard to make a comment without being able to feel and touch Sally's lump.

Hopefully you can have her seen soon!

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (12085 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie. We just got a puppy and she has some diarrhea. We got her on Saturday... (29139 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (9882 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (13617 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (43804 views)

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (12260 views)

Dog had a seizure. My dog had a seizure this morning. She is a 3 ½ year old spayed Whippet/Jack... (14189 views)

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (12866 views)

Can a dog transmit HIV or hep c Hello, I know you've had a similar question before but I'm unsure about... (65685 views)

Sneezing cat. My cat keeps sneezing and sometimes has watery eyes. It started today and. I googled... (21046 views)