Is this lump cancer?

Breed: black lab x rottie
I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom jaw that was not there just 3 days ago. I am a little worried about it as I have lost a dog to cancer before. The lump is under the skin, but is spongy to touch. It is not bothering her, she just seems like her happy self. She is eating a little less, but I am assuming it is from the lump, but she is drooling a lot more. Aside from that she appears fine. Should I put a warm compress on it and see if the lump gets smaller, I cant get her into the vet for another week and a half. Please help me out. Thank you!

Hopefully this is a small abscess on her mouth. If this is the case she may have to have it opened and then be given antibiotics.

Usually mouth cancers that affect the jaw are very hard to the touch.

However, it's really hard to make a comment without being able to feel and touch Sally's lump.

Hopefully you can have her seen soon!

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (8315 views)

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (15309 views)

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (7959 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (7002 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (10131 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (13486 views)

Swollen face after fight. My miniature pinscher was attacked by a boxer a few days ago. Her wounds have... (8624 views)

Dog walking in circles my mother in laws dog just started acting real sick today he cant stand up or when... (19286 views)

Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats. Hello, I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of ... (6942 views)

Remove baby teeth with spay? Hello, My wife's puppy is 9 months old. she weighs 3.6 pounds. She needs to get... (5343 views)