Is this lump cancer?

Breed: black lab x rottie
I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom jaw that was not there just 3 days ago. I am a little worried about it as I have lost a dog to cancer before. The lump is under the skin, but is spongy to touch. It is not bothering her, she just seems like her happy self. She is eating a little less, but I am assuming it is from the lump, but she is drooling a lot more. Aside from that she appears fine. Should I put a warm compress on it and see if the lump gets smaller, I cant get her into the vet for another week and a half. Please help me out. Thank you!

Hopefully this is a small abscess on her mouth. If this is the case she may have to have it opened and then be given antibiotics.

Usually mouth cancers that affect the jaw are very hard to the touch.

However, it's really hard to make a comment without being able to feel and touch Sally's lump.

Hopefully you can have her seen soon!

Diarrhea with blood. my dog, i just recently changed his dog food. and i got home and saw diarrhea... (24359 views)

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (26279 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (8984 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (10758 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (9798 views)

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (22260 views)

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (28569 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (9426 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (8906 views)

Pit bull has pus and is off balance. Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog... (7882 views)