Is this lump cancer?

Breed: black lab x rottie
I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom jaw that was not there just 3 days ago. I am a little worried about it as I have lost a dog to cancer before. The lump is under the skin, but is spongy to touch. It is not bothering her, she just seems like her happy self. She is eating a little less, but I am assuming it is from the lump, but she is drooling a lot more. Aside from that she appears fine. Should I put a warm compress on it and see if the lump gets smaller, I cant get her into the vet for another week and a half. Please help me out. Thank you!

Hopefully this is a small abscess on her mouth. If this is the case she may have to have it opened and then be given antibiotics.

Usually mouth cancers that affect the jaw are very hard to the touch.

However, it's really hard to make a comment without being able to feel and touch Sally's lump.

Hopefully you can have her seen soon!

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (22235 views)

Vomiting yellow liquid. Maynard has been vomiting up yellowish urine colored liquid a few time in the last... (6603 views)

Tumor on a guinea pig. Hi Marie, My daughter's 14 month old guinea pig has a tumor with a thick, scaly... (9580 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (10484 views)

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (106038 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (8030 views)

Old deaf dog. my dog is 16 yrs old and since he's gone deaf he gets very agitated when left,... (6368 views)

Food to dissolve bladder stones. We have a 12-13 year old dog who has been diagnosed with 5 large stones in her... (13540 views)

Dog in heat a long time. i have a 7yr.old boxer who started a heat cycle in march and it is now august....she... (13150 views)

Cat can't move tail or legs. My girlfriend's family saved a cat viciously attacked by dogs in the street in... (22962 views)