Is this lump cancer?

Breed: black lab x rottie
I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom jaw that was not there just 3 days ago. I am a little worried about it as I have lost a dog to cancer before. The lump is under the skin, but is spongy to touch. It is not bothering her, she just seems like her happy self. She is eating a little less, but I am assuming it is from the lump, but she is drooling a lot more. Aside from that she appears fine. Should I put a warm compress on it and see if the lump gets smaller, I cant get her into the vet for another week and a half. Please help me out. Thank you!

Hopefully this is a small abscess on her mouth. If this is the case she may have to have it opened and then be given antibiotics.

Usually mouth cancers that affect the jaw are very hard to the touch.

However, it's really hard to make a comment without being able to feel and touch Sally's lump.

Hopefully you can have her seen soon!

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (20168 views)

vet question Hi Dr. Marie. My name is Kim. I'm from Sydney, Australia. My dog, Lassie is going on... (9048 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (10296 views)

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (4701 views)

Brewer's Yeast for fleas. Is brewers yeast and garlic a safe treatment for deterring fleas and ticks,... (18550 views)

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (25802 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (5433 views)

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (57310 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (11747 views)

Renal lymphoma? my cat just had dental surgery. After about a week I noticed she was still listless... (25641 views)