Dog can't stand.

Breed: Golden REtriever
Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or stairs with our her legs failing. This is by no mean normal for her.

A month ago she received some annual shots from the vet?

We havent seen any signs of her getting into anything poisonous.

She has defecated and urinated today and all signs are normal.

My first guess is bruised spine, sprained muscle, or disc problems. Ideas?

Here's a video explaination...

http://www.partyandeventguide.com/Vera.MOV

Poor Vera. She looks so uncomfortable.

I would agree with you. The first thing that I think of is some type of back problem. She may have some inflammation around a disc or even a partial disc prolapse.

It's hard to tell a lot from the video other than the fact that she looks painful.

It really looks like she needs to have a good thorough vet exam. The vet will do some neurological tests to figure out if there is a serious back issue. Sometimes, if we catch a back problem early and it is not too serious we can treat it with anti-inflammatory medications. But, sometimes surgery is required, especially if there is a disc prolapse.

It's also possible that she has pain in her pelvis or hips. Xrays may be required.

I wish I had more concrete advice for you, but what I can tell you is that this is something that definitely needs medical attention.

I really hope she is ok!

WE took her to the Vet. They prescribed anti-inflammatory medications. She seems to be "feeling" better and obviously more mobile. She is still walking funny though. Giving it a few days

This is great news! Thanks for the update!

Tresaderm causing seizure? Hi, I have a special-needs 6 year old cat that was born with a neurological... (9995 views)

Dog is leaking urine. We have a 4yr old female boxer/german shepherd mix who seems to be "leaking" a lot... (11988 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (37450 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (11054 views)

Bump in dog's mouth. My dog was taken for a walk her ball went under a car, she retreived her ball... (10194 views)

Dog has itchy lumps my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit... (15019 views)

Nosebleed, won't eat. We have an 11 yr old black lab. About 2 mos. ago we noticed blood dripping from her... (20435 views)

Kitten with runny nose. my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting,... (15593 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (13922 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (8494 views)