Dog can't stand.

Breed: Golden REtriever
Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or stairs with our her legs failing. This is by no mean normal for her.

A month ago she received some annual shots from the vet?

We havent seen any signs of her getting into anything poisonous.

She has defecated and urinated today and all signs are normal.

My first guess is bruised spine, sprained muscle, or disc problems. Ideas?

Here's a video explaination...

http://www.partyandeventguide.com/Vera.MOV

Poor Vera. She looks so uncomfortable.

I would agree with you. The first thing that I think of is some type of back problem. She may have some inflammation around a disc or even a partial disc prolapse.

It's hard to tell a lot from the video other than the fact that she looks painful.

It really looks like she needs to have a good thorough vet exam. The vet will do some neurological tests to figure out if there is a serious back issue. Sometimes, if we catch a back problem early and it is not too serious we can treat it with anti-inflammatory medications. But, sometimes surgery is required, especially if there is a disc prolapse.

It's also possible that she has pain in her pelvis or hips. Xrays may be required.

I wish I had more concrete advice for you, but what I can tell you is that this is something that definitely needs medical attention.

I really hope she is ok!

WE took her to the Vet. They prescribed anti-inflammatory medications. She seems to be "feeling" better and obviously more mobile. She is still walking funny though. Giving it a few days

This is great news! Thanks for the update!

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (19650 views)

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (10281 views)

Large blister on ear. MY DOG HAS WHAT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE A LARGE WATER BLISTER ON HIS EAR WHAT COULD IT... (21235 views)

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (10286 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (9665 views)

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (7521 views)

Dog is scratching his ear. For the past couple of weeks, Shilo has been scratching his ear and rubbing it on... (19206 views)

Treat for fleas same day as spay? I just had my puppy spayed. She came home with fleas. How long do I have to wait... (14934 views)

Sheltie leaking urine. We have noticed that my spayed 5 1/2 year female Sheltie has been leaking a little... (17164 views)

Snorting dog My dog has been sneezing and once ina while making a coughing sound...like snoring. ... (30153 views)