Vomited dewormer.

Breed: Yorkiepoo
I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not sure what it was for. On the way home within 10mins he threw up. (he gets carsick sometimes) What should I do? Does he need to take the meds again?

I'm guessing this medicine was likely a dewormer called Strongid.

If he vomited up the medicine you'll need to let the vet know and they will likely either prescribe some more, or get you a different dewormer. Yes, it should be given again.

It's hard to say whether the vomiting is because of the medicine. It could possibly be simply the stress of the visit, the car ride, or the vaccinations.

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (6411 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (5494 views)

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (70636 views)

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (14824 views)

Cancer or hairball? Mama Kitty has a lower abdomen mass. She is 5 lbs. The vet suspects cancer, although... (14906 views)

Can't pee. Constipation issues too. Hello, My cat has Mega Colon and is being treated with CisaPride 5mg/ml suspension.... (13019 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (13142 views)

Ovarian remnant Hi, We have a spayed cat that has been showing signs of being on heat on and off... (10258 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting. My cat has had a problem with gassy diarrhea and vomiting over the past 3 weeks. My... (9244 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (7176 views)