Vomited dewormer.

Breed: Yorkiepoo
I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not sure what it was for. On the way home within 10mins he threw up. (he gets carsick sometimes) What should I do? Does he need to take the meds again?

I'm guessing this medicine was likely a dewormer called Strongid.

If he vomited up the medicine you'll need to let the vet know and they will likely either prescribe some more, or get you a different dewormer. Yes, it should be given again.

It's hard to say whether the vomiting is because of the medicine. It could possibly be simply the stress of the visit, the car ride, or the vaccinations.

Puppy has soft stools. Background: Junior is a rescue. My first dog ever. I got him about 1 month ago,... (9120 views)

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (20526 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (23698 views)

Surgery on 14 year old dog. Chyna has in the past few months developed a mass or cluster of lumps that are dark... (12235 views)

Dog has a runny eye. Hi Marie! Aprox. 2 months ago, Hope's one eye started to water and run a clear... (21413 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (73000 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (14903 views)

Bald spots on dog I have 2 staffordshire bullterriers which are brothers 1 of them has lost a spot of... (14709 views)

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (6932 views)

Housetraining advice for puppy. I need housetraining advice. I got my new puppy a week ago and she is peeing on the... (8935 views)