Vomited dewormer.

Breed: Yorkiepoo
I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not sure what it was for. On the way home within 10mins he threw up. (he gets carsick sometimes) What should I do? Does he need to take the meds again?

I'm guessing this medicine was likely a dewormer called Strongid.

If he vomited up the medicine you'll need to let the vet know and they will likely either prescribe some more, or get you a different dewormer. Yes, it should be given again.

It's hard to say whether the vomiting is because of the medicine. It could possibly be simply the stress of the visit, the car ride, or the vaccinations.

Low fat foods and tripe for pancreatitis. My 3 yr old Golden who was on Orijen for 2 years had a pancreatitis attack about 6... (25268 views)

House training adult dog. Is it possible to house break a 5 y/o mini pin that was rescued from a puppy mill? ... (9080 views)

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (9741 views)

Wobbly lab. Hello - About 4 weeks ago, Koda started acting very stiff around his neck so we... (15530 views)

Dog with balance issues. My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i... (10619 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (9678 views)

Puppy died suddenly. I came home after being gone for 3 hours. We have baby Pomeranians 6 weeks old. They... (19648 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (9126 views)

Puppy and adult dog vomiting. Our 8 yr old lab became ill about 2 weeks ago with occassional vomiting, diarrhea,... (5434 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (11024 views)