Vomited dewormer.

Breed: Yorkiepoo
I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not sure what it was for. On the way home within 10mins he threw up. (he gets carsick sometimes) What should I do? Does he need to take the meds again?

I'm guessing this medicine was likely a dewormer called Strongid.

If he vomited up the medicine you'll need to let the vet know and they will likely either prescribe some more, or get you a different dewormer. Yes, it should be given again.

It's hard to say whether the vomiting is because of the medicine. It could possibly be simply the stress of the visit, the car ride, or the vaccinations.

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (26937 views)

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (13787 views)

Hypothyroidism, diabetes and glaucoma. my 10 year old lab is hypo thyroid and diabetic 12 units twice a day. she has gone... (8216 views)

Is this dog cryptorchid? Jupiter is 71/2 months old. At 8 weeks vet noted both testicles desended. At 5... (19039 views)

Runny soft stools. Rocky is 7 weeks old, has been eating the same food and now his feces has become... (10002 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (31137 views)

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (4877 views)

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (10252 views)

Puppy has a broken leg. Dear Marie, I have 9 weeks old Pomeranian. She broke her right front leg. She is... (38869 views)

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (14096 views)