Vomited dewormer.

Breed: Yorkiepoo
I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not sure what it was for. On the way home within 10mins he threw up. (he gets carsick sometimes) What should I do? Does he need to take the meds again?

I'm guessing this medicine was likely a dewormer called Strongid.

If he vomited up the medicine you'll need to let the vet know and they will likely either prescribe some more, or get you a different dewormer. Yes, it should be given again.

It's hard to say whether the vomiting is because of the medicine. It could possibly be simply the stress of the visit, the car ride, or the vaccinations.

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (13916 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (10100 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (5427 views)

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (8439 views)

Wobbly after ear cleaning. Hi, The last two times Tigger has been to the vet, they noted that she had a mass... (18102 views)

Good chew toys for dogs. Hi Dr, I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver. He... (14699 views)

Morning after pill for dogs? Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs? ... (28032 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (75791 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (29573 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (56921 views)