Vomited dewormer.

Breed: Yorkiepoo
I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not sure what it was for. On the way home within 10mins he threw up. (he gets carsick sometimes) What should I do? Does he need to take the meds again?

I'm guessing this medicine was likely a dewormer called Strongid.

If he vomited up the medicine you'll need to let the vet know and they will likely either prescribe some more, or get you a different dewormer. Yes, it should be given again.

It's hard to say whether the vomiting is because of the medicine. It could possibly be simply the stress of the visit, the car ride, or the vaccinations.

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (13903 views)

Hyperesthesia syndrome? I have a unique situation. Recently I have moved to a new apt 3 hours away from... (4274 views)

Pimple on ear. My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i... (13351 views)

Vomiting Dog My dog isn't eating, and when she drinks water, she throws it up. Her stomach seems... (9253 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (19287 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (4686 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (4669 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (7784 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (16954 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (3511 views)