Vomited dewormer.

Breed: Yorkiepoo
I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not sure what it was for. On the way home within 10mins he threw up. (he gets carsick sometimes) What should I do? Does he need to take the meds again?

I'm guessing this medicine was likely a dewormer called Strongid.

If he vomited up the medicine you'll need to let the vet know and they will likely either prescribe some more, or get you a different dewormer. Yes, it should be given again.

It's hard to say whether the vomiting is because of the medicine. It could possibly be simply the stress of the visit, the car ride, or the vaccinations.

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (19492 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (12880 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (26519 views)

Chronic pancreatitis flareup. Kasma is currently being treated for chronic pancreatitis...she's been on... (6321 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (13677 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (9049 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (29242 views)

Wobbly lab. Hello - About 4 weeks ago, Koda started acting very stiff around his neck so we... (13295 views)

Does my cat have cancer? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 3rd time writing to... (13925 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (49730 views)