Good chew toys for dogs.

Breed: Golden
Hi Dr,
I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver.

He doesn't chew on toys but uses his molars to shred them.

Toys last under 10 minutes and a rawhide square landed him a trip to the vet. He has 6 kongs and 2 of those round food dispensers.

Is there a chew toy or bullwinkle or rawhide that would be suitable and relatively safe for such a heavy chewer?

Jay

LOL Jay! Too funny that Max is part Canadian Beaver...I believe it after hearing about what he chews.

I know I already answered your question in the paid section:

Good chew toys for dogs.

However, I don't think I answered your question about rawhides, etc.

I'm ok with any rawhides that are big enough that they can't be swallowed. If a rawhide starts to get "gooey" then you need to be able to take it away from him.

Here's an example of rawhides that I would say are acceptable with supervision:

Beefeaters Rawhide bones

Another thing that is good is a Bully Stick:

Bully Stix at Petfood Direct.

Case of Bully Stix from Value Pet Supplies.

Those should keep him busy!

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (9137 views)

Bruising after blood collection. I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew... (18651 views)

Sick puppy. Our Westie puppy, Minnie, is 12 weeks old today. We got her 23 days ago. From Day... (7715 views)

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (9270 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (4589 views)

Why did 15 year old dog die? Hello, My dog was 15 years old and she just recently died last thursday. My mother... (11686 views)

Spiders toxic to cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Hope things are well. I had what amounts to a common question but... (6351 views)

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (3224 views)

Cat not getting over URTI. Hi, My cat has suffered from flu from approx 8 mths old but these days never seems... (4993 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (10470 views)