Good chew toys for dogs.

Breed: Golden
Hi Dr,
I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver.

He doesn't chew on toys but uses his molars to shred them.

Toys last under 10 minutes and a rawhide square landed him a trip to the vet. He has 6 kongs and 2 of those round food dispensers.

Is there a chew toy or bullwinkle or rawhide that would be suitable and relatively safe for such a heavy chewer?

Jay

LOL Jay! Too funny that Max is part Canadian Beaver...I believe it after hearing about what he chews.

I know I already answered your question in the paid section:

Good chew toys for dogs.

However, I don't think I answered your question about rawhides, etc.

I'm ok with any rawhides that are big enough that they can't be swallowed. If a rawhide starts to get "gooey" then you need to be able to take it away from him.

Here's an example of rawhides that I would say are acceptable with supervision:

Beefeaters Rawhide bones

Another thing that is good is a Bully Stick:

Bully Stix at Petfood Direct.

Case of Bully Stix from Value Pet Supplies.

Those should keep him busy!

Dog seizured while boarding. Last March, I boarded Niko at the vet while on vacation. Until then he had been a... (14524 views)

Hard lump below ribs. My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it... (17570 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (25192 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (25390 views)

Small pink lump on back. My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have... (12386 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (5658 views)

Myasthenia gravis I am grieving the loss of my beloved companion who was euthanized on May 18, 2011.... (22420 views)

Black spot on tongue. Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've... (10086 views)

Dog with allergies. Dr, I'm afraid Max's allergies are getting the better of him. Symptom... (7865 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (28433 views)