Good chew toys for dogs.

Breed: Golden
Hi Dr,
I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver.

He doesn't chew on toys but uses his molars to shred them.

Toys last under 10 minutes and a rawhide square landed him a trip to the vet. He has 6 kongs and 2 of those round food dispensers.

Is there a chew toy or bullwinkle or rawhide that would be suitable and relatively safe for such a heavy chewer?

Jay

LOL Jay! Too funny that Max is part Canadian Beaver...I believe it after hearing about what he chews.

I know I already answered your question in the paid section:

Good chew toys for dogs.

However, I don't think I answered your question about rawhides, etc.

I'm ok with any rawhides that are big enough that they can't be swallowed. If a rawhide starts to get "gooey" then you need to be able to take it away from him.

Here's an example of rawhides that I would say are acceptable with supervision:

Beefeaters Rawhide bones

Another thing that is good is a Bully Stick:

Bully Stix at Petfood Direct.

Case of Bully Stix from Value Pet Supplies.

Those should keep him busy!

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (14659 views)

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (9748 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (15651 views)

Dog ate duck bones. Hi Dr. Marie, Poppy nipped one piece of cooked duck wing bone 2 days ago at lunch... (48660 views)

Why do dogs eat grass? I recently moved and walk my dog around the new neighborhood. Two times now he has... (18304 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (18204 views)

Does my cat have feline leukemia? have a 6 year old female cat with up to date FeLV and FIV vaccinations. She has the... (6937 views)

Cat is dying. I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was... (13609 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (13714 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (17012 views)