Good chew toys for dogs.

Breed: Golden
Hi Dr,
I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver.

He doesn't chew on toys but uses his molars to shred them.

Toys last under 10 minutes and a rawhide square landed him a trip to the vet. He has 6 kongs and 2 of those round food dispensers.

Is there a chew toy or bullwinkle or rawhide that would be suitable and relatively safe for such a heavy chewer?

Jay

LOL Jay! Too funny that Max is part Canadian Beaver...I believe it after hearing about what he chews.

I know I already answered your question in the paid section:

Good chew toys for dogs.

However, I don't think I answered your question about rawhides, etc.

I'm ok with any rawhides that are big enough that they can't be swallowed. If a rawhide starts to get "gooey" then you need to be able to take it away from him.

Here's an example of rawhides that I would say are acceptable with supervision:

Beefeaters Rawhide bones

Another thing that is good is a Bully Stick:

Bully Stix at Petfood Direct.

Case of Bully Stix from Value Pet Supplies.

Those should keep him busy!

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (23451 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (6706 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (9709 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (12203 views)

Did kitten have heatstroke. the other day i tried to rescue a stray kitten who was suffering from heat stroke,... (9233 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (13478 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (14845 views)

Lip fold pyoderma. I have suddenly noticed that Blue has an area of bright red, raw skin on both sides... (10553 views)

Can't put weight on his leg. my pit bull is shaking all over a refusing to put weight on his back leg what should... (26049 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (9782 views)