Good chew toys for dogs.

Breed: Golden
Hi Dr,
I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver.

He doesn't chew on toys but uses his molars to shred them.

Toys last under 10 minutes and a rawhide square landed him a trip to the vet. He has 6 kongs and 2 of those round food dispensers.

Is there a chew toy or bullwinkle or rawhide that would be suitable and relatively safe for such a heavy chewer?

Jay

LOL Jay! Too funny that Max is part Canadian Beaver...I believe it after hearing about what he chews.

I know I already answered your question in the paid section:

Good chew toys for dogs.

However, I don't think I answered your question about rawhides, etc.

I'm ok with any rawhides that are big enough that they can't be swallowed. If a rawhide starts to get "gooey" then you need to be able to take it away from him.

Here's an example of rawhides that I would say are acceptable with supervision:

Beefeaters Rawhide bones

Another thing that is good is a Bully Stick:

Bully Stix at Petfood Direct.

Case of Bully Stix from Value Pet Supplies.

Those should keep him busy!

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (22448 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (9368 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (11036 views)

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (148415 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (6519 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (4487 views)

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (8273 views)

Possible elbow hygroma. I just noticed a mass on my 4 month old puppy's front right leg. She is mini... (22338 views)

Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism. I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle... (5404 views)

Dog or cat pooping in house. Everyday – twice a day – morning and when I get home from work –... (14436 views)