Good chew toys for dogs.

Breed: Golden
Hi Dr,
I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver.

He doesn't chew on toys but uses his molars to shred them.

Toys last under 10 minutes and a rawhide square landed him a trip to the vet. He has 6 kongs and 2 of those round food dispensers.

Is there a chew toy or bullwinkle or rawhide that would be suitable and relatively safe for such a heavy chewer?

Jay

LOL Jay! Too funny that Max is part Canadian Beaver...I believe it after hearing about what he chews.

I know I already answered your question in the paid section:

Good chew toys for dogs.

However, I don't think I answered your question about rawhides, etc.

I'm ok with any rawhides that are big enough that they can't be swallowed. If a rawhide starts to get "gooey" then you need to be able to take it away from him.

Here's an example of rawhides that I would say are acceptable with supervision:

Beefeaters Rawhide bones

Another thing that is good is a Bully Stick:

Bully Stix at Petfood Direct.

Case of Bully Stix from Value Pet Supplies.

Those should keep him busy!

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (11809 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (7891 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (7890 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (9777 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (9579 views)

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (6228 views)

Swollen feet in older cat. My 13 year old female cat has had several odd problems for about 2 months. I have... (13976 views)

Time for euthanasia. Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and... (3454 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (8167 views)

Sick after neuter. On March 26, 2012 I took my two dogs and my friend’s dog to get spayed and... (11436 views)