Good chew toys for dogs.

Breed: Golden
Hi Dr,
I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver.

He doesn't chew on toys but uses his molars to shred them.

Toys last under 10 minutes and a rawhide square landed him a trip to the vet. He has 6 kongs and 2 of those round food dispensers.

Is there a chew toy or bullwinkle or rawhide that would be suitable and relatively safe for such a heavy chewer?

Jay

LOL Jay! Too funny that Max is part Canadian Beaver...I believe it after hearing about what he chews.

I know I already answered your question in the paid section:

Good chew toys for dogs.

However, I don't think I answered your question about rawhides, etc.

I'm ok with any rawhides that are big enough that they can't be swallowed. If a rawhide starts to get "gooey" then you need to be able to take it away from him.

Here's an example of rawhides that I would say are acceptable with supervision:

Beefeaters Rawhide bones

Another thing that is good is a Bully Stick:

Bully Stix at Petfood Direct.

Case of Bully Stix from Value Pet Supplies.

Those should keep him busy!

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (8778 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (35484 views)

Very itchy dog. My sweet Molly has a skin infection my recent visit to the vet diagnosed it as... (5089 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (24909 views)

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (14762 views)

Dog hurt her leg. hi my dog trixey is nearly 15.i think she may have hurt her leg because she can't... (6654 views)

Hair loss and hyperthyroidism. Dear Dr. Marie, I have had my cat Cody for five years. He was a stray cat who was... (16249 views)

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (8131 views)

Pooping in the house. Hi Ipurchased a dog from a pet rescue organisation in Sydney just over three months... (15234 views)

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (7615 views)