Good chew toys for dogs.

Breed: Golden
Hi Dr,
I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver.

He doesn't chew on toys but uses his molars to shred them.

Toys last under 10 minutes and a rawhide square landed him a trip to the vet. He has 6 kongs and 2 of those round food dispensers.

Is there a chew toy or bullwinkle or rawhide that would be suitable and relatively safe for such a heavy chewer?

Jay

LOL Jay! Too funny that Max is part Canadian Beaver...I believe it after hearing about what he chews.

I know I already answered your question in the paid section:

Good chew toys for dogs.

However, I don't think I answered your question about rawhides, etc.

I'm ok with any rawhides that are big enough that they can't be swallowed. If a rawhide starts to get "gooey" then you need to be able to take it away from him.

Here's an example of rawhides that I would say are acceptable with supervision:

Beefeaters Rawhide bones

Another thing that is good is a Bully Stick:

Bully Stix at Petfood Direct.

Case of Bully Stix from Value Pet Supplies.

Those should keep him busy!

Cat suddenly bites or scratches. Hi there....i have a beautiful BIG moggy who is a 'lovecat' - very affectionate -... (18561 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (13776 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (16946 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (10709 views)

Lab with a cough. Two days ago, my chocolate lab starting coughing and dry heaving occasionally when... (54775 views)

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (7127 views)

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (15410 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (28101 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (19575 views)

Dog inhaled bleach. Our dog is having trouble breathing after inhaling Clorox. It was accidental my... (53831 views)