Is this rabies?

Breed:
My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for no reason. He'll start howling like if he's in pain and start bitting things. And when he lays down he will get up and start walking in circles and then just lay down again. Do you know what could be wrong with him?

This sounds very serious.

Do you know if the area you live in tends to see cases of Rabies? Dogs with rabies can have unusual symptoms like this. Because rabies is a very serious health concern for the people around this dog I would advise having your vet see Max immediately.

If this is not rabies, then it sounds like there is a significant neurological problem. He may have extreme back pain along with IVDD.

I wish I could give you more information, but I can't stress enough how important it is for Max to get to a vet.

Snorted out vaccine. Hello Dr. Marie....Rianna had her booster for Bordatella first of October..she has... (11695 views)

Dog ate sanitary pad About a month ago my dog got into the trash and chewed up some sanitary napkins. He ... (8606 views)

Lethargic after Trifexis. Hello, Thank you for your help. My beagle, Daisy (25 lbs), ate her dose of... (31034 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (10459 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (7313 views)

Bumps on schnauzer. Hi Dr. Marie, Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this very valuable, yet... (40904 views)

Mast cell tumor. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog, Jammy, has had a small lump near her neck that filled up... (12972 views)

Care of orphaned kittens. I have a ferral outside cat who just had kittens and was attacked...most of thr... (9327 views)

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (10490 views)

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (17133 views)