Is this rabies?

Breed:
My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for no reason. He'll start howling like if he's in pain and start bitting things. And when he lays down he will get up and start walking in circles and then just lay down again. Do you know what could be wrong with him?

This sounds very serious.

Do you know if the area you live in tends to see cases of Rabies? Dogs with rabies can have unusual symptoms like this. Because rabies is a very serious health concern for the people around this dog I would advise having your vet see Max immediately.

If this is not rabies, then it sounds like there is a significant neurological problem. He may have extreme back pain along with IVDD.

I wish I could give you more information, but I can't stress enough how important it is for Max to get to a vet.

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (12572 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her... (14943 views)

Puppy vomiting at night. My 5 month old lab is crate trained and in his crate almost nightly he has begun to... (53142 views)

vet question Dear Madame Veterinarian: Our Siberian has one of the best pedigrees we could've... (11915 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (6999 views)

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (11752 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (16365 views)

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (16084 views)

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (12712 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (20386 views)