Is this rabies?

Breed:
My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for no reason. He'll start howling like if he's in pain and start bitting things. And when he lays down he will get up and start walking in circles and then just lay down again. Do you know what could be wrong with him?

This sounds very serious.

Do you know if the area you live in tends to see cases of Rabies? Dogs with rabies can have unusual symptoms like this. Because rabies is a very serious health concern for the people around this dog I would advise having your vet see Max immediately.

If this is not rabies, then it sounds like there is a significant neurological problem. He may have extreme back pain along with IVDD.

I wish I could give you more information, but I can't stress enough how important it is for Max to get to a vet.

Swollen ankle in my dog. My Labrador has the right back leg ankle joint bigger than his left one. 15 days ago... (11060 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (10915 views)

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (19893 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (31996 views)

Dog has heart murmur. Hello, Dr. Marie: When my dog was still a puppy, the vet told me that she had a 3... (38289 views)

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (9144 views)

Large black mole on dog. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m kind of worried because my dog, a Labrador retriever he has... (33576 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (18113 views)

Dog eats cat poop. I've caught my dog eating out of our kitten's litter box twice in the past two days.... (16995 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis? Repeat Customer: Hi Dr, I spoke to you last Friday (through email) week... (17228 views)