Is this rabies?

Breed:
My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for no reason. He'll start howling like if he's in pain and start bitting things. And when he lays down he will get up and start walking in circles and then just lay down again. Do you know what could be wrong with him?

This sounds very serious.

Do you know if the area you live in tends to see cases of Rabies? Dogs with rabies can have unusual symptoms like this. Because rabies is a very serious health concern for the people around this dog I would advise having your vet see Max immediately.

If this is not rabies, then it sounds like there is a significant neurological problem. He may have extreme back pain along with IVDD.

I wish I could give you more information, but I can't stress enough how important it is for Max to get to a vet.

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (10922 views)

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (6855 views)

Dog suddenly paralyzed. My beloved Pug, Newt, passed away last October.She was 12 years old. She developed a... (43589 views)

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (18675 views)

Mass in cat's chest? Hello, My cat, a sterilized indoor-living Japanese Bobtail, is now 4 years old... (18058 views)

Cat not doing well. Hi Dr. Marie, First I want to say I love your page on Facebook and I am a big Fan... (7848 views)

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (7663 views)

My dog is grieving. Good Day Dr. In March of 2011 we lost Lucy (Coton du Tulear) to heart disease. ... (13444 views)

First heat cycle in dogs. when do chiuahuahs have their first heat... (8187 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (7915 views)