Is this rabies?

Breed:
My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for no reason. He'll start howling like if he's in pain and start bitting things. And when he lays down he will get up and start walking in circles and then just lay down again. Do you know what could be wrong with him?

This sounds very serious.

Do you know if the area you live in tends to see cases of Rabies? Dogs with rabies can have unusual symptoms like this. Because rabies is a very serious health concern for the people around this dog I would advise having your vet see Max immediately.

If this is not rabies, then it sounds like there is a significant neurological problem. He may have extreme back pain along with IVDD.

I wish I could give you more information, but I can't stress enough how important it is for Max to get to a vet.

Grief after dog passed away. I recently lost my 13 year old German Shepherd mix. She is my first dog. My... (6549 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (10461 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (21321 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (4144 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (18760 views)

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (10080 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (11566 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (11323 views)

Large blister on ear. MY DOG HAS WHAT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE A LARGE WATER BLISTER ON HIS EAR WHAT COULD IT... (16643 views)

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (11630 views)