Tramadol online.

Breed: Englisg Mastiff
My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed tramadol which has worked very well. The issue is that I buy it from my vet and it is very expensive. A friend suggested buying it online. Can you recommend a legitimate site to buy tramadol online that might be less expensive than buying from the vet.

Thanks for your question. There are a number of places where you can buy tramadol online. However, you need to have a prescription from your vet in order to do this.

Most vets are probably ok with writing a prescription for you to fill online. However, many will charge a fee that is greater than their regular prescription fee in order to do this for you. On the surface it might look like they're just charging this to get you to purchase the medication with them. However, in my experience I have found that doing the work to get a client medication via an online pharmacy can be a lot more work for the vet than just writing a prescription, especially when the drug in question is a controlled substance. Often the pharmacy will request special paperwork or even request time on the phone with the vet and sometimes this work can take a significant amount of time.

With that being said, I believe that in some states there is legislation that the vet cannot charge more for a prescription to be filled at on online pharmacy than any other prescription. (I could be wrong on this though.)

The best advice that I can give you is to ask your veterinarian which online pharmacy they recommend. They may have had better results communicating with some pharmacies than others.

Unfortunately I can't really legally recommend an online pharmacy to use. Again, asking your vet for recommendations would be best.

Another option that you could ask your vet about is whether they could write a script for you to have filled at a local pharmacy. You may possibly be able to get medication for less expensive there as well.

Hope that helps,

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (4958 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (16671 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (30132 views)

Should we continue with antibiotics? Dear Dr. Marie, I'm writing about my cat who had a skin allergy which started... (6699 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (10102 views)

Hair loss in patches. Hi we live in a remote community up near Darwin in Australia. Four weeks ago we took... (9161 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (8414 views)

Yellow fluid from nose. Dr. Marie, My male pug, aged 10, stuck with a piece of apple last night (29/1), I... (5946 views)

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (4620 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (21140 views)