Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting?

Breed: Dauchshaund
I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up but he never did. after about 45 minutes i gave him three small chunks of pinneaple and still nothing. is he ok..please help i am concerned i have done more harm then good.

I'm afraid I don't have enough information to fully answer your question. I'm not sure why you are trying to make him vomit.

If you are asking whether the hydrogen peroxide is harmful, the answer is likely no. There is a small risk involved with giving peroxide where it can cause a stomach ulcer if too much is given.

Similarly, if a dog were to aspirate hydrogen peroxide (i.e. inhale it into their lungs) it can cause some serious problems.

Because of these risks I usually don't recommend giving peroxide unless we know that a dog has eaten something dangerous and we need to get it out right away. However, a better alternative is to have your vet induce vomiting with safer medications.

If there was aspiration into the lungs you would likely know right away as there would be breathing problems. If there was stomach ulceration then you may see black tarry stools, vomiting (sometimes coffee grounds color) and lethargy.

You did not mention why you were trying to make him vomit, so if you think he may have eaten something harmful I would highly advise a vet visit.

I hope he is ok!

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (13768 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (14982 views)

Cat howls at night time. Hi - Rusty is almost 15 yrs. and meows and howls at night. Basically, he throws a... (20733 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea, sneezing. My 4 month old kitten has vomited twice this morning. He has also coughed and... (17829 views)

Sardine treats for my cat. Is this recipe for cat treats safe for my cat? 3/4 cup dry, whole wheat bread... (6979 views)

Is my dog pregnant? my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and... (14350 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (11857 views)

Cerenia and buprenorphine My 18 year old cat was given a shot of cerenia and then 12 hours later I gave her... (9080 views)

Floppy ear in German Shepherd. Hello my name is nick and i have a purebred west german shepherd from working lines.... (22774 views)

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (16964 views)