Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting?

Breed: Dauchshaund
I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up but he never did. after about 45 minutes i gave him three small chunks of pinneaple and still nothing. is he ok..please help i am concerned i have done more harm then good.

I'm afraid I don't have enough information to fully answer your question. I'm not sure why you are trying to make him vomit.

If you are asking whether the hydrogen peroxide is harmful, the answer is likely no. There is a small risk involved with giving peroxide where it can cause a stomach ulcer if too much is given.

Similarly, if a dog were to aspirate hydrogen peroxide (i.e. inhale it into their lungs) it can cause some serious problems.

Because of these risks I usually don't recommend giving peroxide unless we know that a dog has eaten something dangerous and we need to get it out right away. However, a better alternative is to have your vet induce vomiting with safer medications.

If there was aspiration into the lungs you would likely know right away as there would be breathing problems. If there was stomach ulceration then you may see black tarry stools, vomiting (sometimes coffee grounds color) and lethargy.

You did not mention why you were trying to make him vomit, so if you think he may have eaten something harmful I would highly advise a vet visit.

I hope he is ok!

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (15753 views)

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (31598 views)

Cancer in ear. Cat died. I recently put our beloved cat Benny to sleep after a tragic event that I am... (10542 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (28300 views)

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (6913 views)

Irregular heart rhythm. MY 12 year old lurcher ran into a car and broke a leg and a few ribs he is in... (8203 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (10514 views)

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (13592 views)

Sick after eating Iams ProHealth. My cat has been eating IAMS PROHEALTH and this morning he threw up 4 times and now... (8999 views)

Blood pressure for a bird. What is a normal Blood pressure for an AFrican Grey Parrot her wing pressure was... (7410 views)