Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting?

Breed: Dauchshaund
I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up but he never did. after about 45 minutes i gave him three small chunks of pinneaple and still nothing. is he ok..please help i am concerned i have done more harm then good.

I'm afraid I don't have enough information to fully answer your question. I'm not sure why you are trying to make him vomit.

If you are asking whether the hydrogen peroxide is harmful, the answer is likely no. There is a small risk involved with giving peroxide where it can cause a stomach ulcer if too much is given.

Similarly, if a dog were to aspirate hydrogen peroxide (i.e. inhale it into their lungs) it can cause some serious problems.

Because of these risks I usually don't recommend giving peroxide unless we know that a dog has eaten something dangerous and we need to get it out right away. However, a better alternative is to have your vet induce vomiting with safer medications.

If there was aspiration into the lungs you would likely know right away as there would be breathing problems. If there was stomach ulceration then you may see black tarry stools, vomiting (sometimes coffee grounds color) and lethargy.

You did not mention why you were trying to make him vomit, so if you think he may have eaten something harmful I would highly advise a vet visit.

I hope he is ok!

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (21552 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (19039 views)

Lab with a cough. Two days ago, my chocolate lab starting coughing and dry heaving occasionally when... (49157 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (17889 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (9942 views)

Dogs eyes are lazy. Within the past 2 days I have noticed my dog's eyes are turing outward, like they... (88379 views)

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (16060 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (8085 views)

Lump on ear flap. hello, what it is my dog ruby has this lump on the flap of her ear its soft feels... (8971 views)

Sick cat after teeth cleaning. she had her teeth cleaned on march 1st...came home..she was woozy from... (14408 views)