Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting?

Breed: Dauchshaund
I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up but he never did. after about 45 minutes i gave him three small chunks of pinneaple and still nothing. is he ok..please help i am concerned i have done more harm then good.

I'm afraid I don't have enough information to fully answer your question. I'm not sure why you are trying to make him vomit.

If you are asking whether the hydrogen peroxide is harmful, the answer is likely no. There is a small risk involved with giving peroxide where it can cause a stomach ulcer if too much is given.

Similarly, if a dog were to aspirate hydrogen peroxide (i.e. inhale it into their lungs) it can cause some serious problems.

Because of these risks I usually don't recommend giving peroxide unless we know that a dog has eaten something dangerous and we need to get it out right away. However, a better alternative is to have your vet induce vomiting with safer medications.

If there was aspiration into the lungs you would likely know right away as there would be breathing problems. If there was stomach ulceration then you may see black tarry stools, vomiting (sometimes coffee grounds color) and lethargy.

You did not mention why you were trying to make him vomit, so if you think he may have eaten something harmful I would highly advise a vet visit.

I hope he is ok!

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (14675 views)

Arthritis in a Newfie. My ten year old Newfie mix is eating less and seems very stiff and sometimes... (9933 views)

Dog is limping. Denaro has had a limp in his left front leg for about a month, it goes from a... (14710 views)

Bump on roof of mouth. Hi I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've... (33303 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (6447 views)

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (10713 views)

Testicular and splenic masses. My 9 year old Golden Retriever had enlarged testicles with no other symptoms. I took... (9337 views)

Red dots on dog's abdomen. Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It... (5395 views)

Dog ate a needle. My dog had not been eating his usual amount and I was watching him, he then began to... (11472 views)

Dasuquin causing allergies. About 5 months ago, my dog injured his leg during a walk. I took him to the vet &... (11616 views)