In heat and shaking her head.

Breed: Miniature Australian
My dog has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the last 2-3 days. She has been in heat and the bleeding had subsided but really picked up this morning. She also hasn't eaten much but will drink water. She shakes her head as if something in her ears is bothering her. I looked and couldn't see anything. She's also been quite lethargic and I think running a temperature. Should I take her to a vet?

It sounds like Ruby is quite unwell. Being in heat should not cause vomiting. However, sometimes when we think a dog is in heat they could actually have an infection in the uterus called pyometra. Pyometra is very serious and often life threatening. It can cause a dog to be extremely unwell.

Pyometra is usually more common in dogs older than 5 years of age, but it can happen in young dogs too.

However, pyometra doesn't explain the head shaking.

It's hard to find something that can connect all of these symptoms. Head shaking could be because of an ear infection, something in her ear or even some type of seizure.

In any case, the symptoms that you are describing do really sound like there is something serious going on. I would definitely recommend a vet visit as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (22167 views)

Best cat foods. One cat is 13 pounds and 7 years old. He is heavy, but it doesn't look or feel like... (4873 views)

MacuGuard Ocular Support My 13 year-old, 16lbs, Poodle toy is on the Royal Canin Satiety Support, as... (5327 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (10551 views)

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (16407 views)

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (7488 views)

Trouble moving. Firts, I am owner of 3 dogs~ Last Saturday we found a small tick on buddy. He... (11069 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (12807 views)

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (13815 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (11107 views)