Flea Allergy

Breed: Black Lab
Hello
Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by her tail . I think it is Hot spots but it has been going on for a while now and wondering how to treat the area's . and I have two Cat that are 5 years old and they have a bumpy hard spots on there skin one has kinda pulled all her hair out and the other has it mostly on her neck
Thanks Steven

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Thanks for your question.

What you have described sounds very typical of a flea problem. Some animals are so allergic to fleas that even one or two bites can set them off. The areas that you have described (base of tail and back of neck) are the most commonly affected areas when there are fleas present.

Don't discount fleas if you can't see them. They are very good at hiding!

I would highly advise a prescription flea product such as Advantage, Revolution or Frontline. The majority of the products that you can buy over the counter are not 100% effective.

Also, be sure that every animal in the house is treated and that you treat monthly for at least 3 months.

I hope all goes well!

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (15340 views)

Does my puppy have a UTI? My puggle puppy usually tells me when she has to go out. But for the past two-three... (12529 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (9325 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (44067 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (12751 views)

Walking on tip toes. my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when... (13009 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (7861 views)

Should we put down out cat? Good evening. My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still... (6880 views)

Tapeworms in kittens. Hey there, I spoke with you a few days ago about my kittens that have worms. The... (13662 views)

Elevated kidney enzymes. I brought my dog, Trixie (10 year old Shih Tzu) in this morning for her yearly... (22690 views)