Dog bite wound.

Breed: german sheep dog
Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another dog. In the end he has a little wound under the right eye. I was thinking that not so bad, but my dog was touching all the time his wound and now eyes is swell up and has some pus. And i think has temperature also. But in this while we havn't possibility to get doctors help. What we can do untill to get my dog to the vet-clinic? Us I am myself doctor, but don't know have exactly work drugs on animal. For better sleeping for my dog and don't touching his eye i gave him a 1,5 mg bromazepamum. Is it not to much, if my dogš weight is 35 kg? Thank you very much! I will be very grateful for your advise! With full respect doctor I. Eglite

I cannot legally discuss dosing medications online. In fact, the only way to get appropriate antibiotics for Jim is to visit your veterinarian. Any time there is a dog bite wound and pus, antibiotics are going to be necessary.

Hopefully you can have him seen soon!

Metronidazole side effects? My Dog had a surgery Dec 9. The Doctor removed a tumor from his small intestine. He... (15388 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (13756 views)

Bleeding and then death. What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating,... (14517 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (4875 views)

White vaginal discharge. Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her... (18144 views)

Large black mole on dog. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m kind of worried because my dog, a Labrador retriever he has... (31735 views)

dog rigid then drowsy I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then... (8495 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (14794 views)

Red swollen paw. My cat's paw is red and swollen. The middle toes are swelling so they appear to be... (18266 views)

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (17261 views)