Dog bite wound.

Breed: german sheep dog
Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another dog. In the end he has a little wound under the right eye. I was thinking that not so bad, but my dog was touching all the time his wound and now eyes is swell up and has some pus. And i think has temperature also. But in this while we havn't possibility to get doctors help. What we can do untill to get my dog to the vet-clinic? Us I am myself doctor, but don't know have exactly work drugs on animal. For better sleeping for my dog and don't touching his eye i gave him a 1,5 mg bromazepamum. Is it not to much, if my dogš weight is 35 kg? Thank you very much! I will be very grateful for your advise! With full respect doctor I. Eglite

I cannot legally discuss dosing medications online. In fact, the only way to get appropriate antibiotics for Jim is to visit your veterinarian. Any time there is a dog bite wound and pus, antibiotics are going to be necessary.

Hopefully you can have him seen soon!

Older cat problems. My cat is eating constantly. Every hour or two she cries at me to eat. And she's... (9262 views)

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (7730 views)

Sick after neuter. On March 26, 2012 I took my two dogs and my friend’s dog to get spayed and... (14536 views)

Hair loss and hyperthyroidism. Dear Dr. Marie, I have had my cat Cody for five years. He was a stray cat who was... (13826 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (17987 views)

Hyperaldosteronism? My niece's 12 yr old cat vomits about every 6 days, gets dehydrated, listless and... (4005 views)

Remend (The dog is not mine) A friend is asking me to get Remend for their dog from a... (22166 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (25374 views)

Food to dissolve bladder stones. We have a 12-13 year old dog who has been diagnosed with 5 large stones in her... (15601 views)

Cat is burnt on belly. My cat seems to have a burnt patch on her belly. I don't know if this is from... (8517 views)