Pancreatic enzymes.

Breed: Shiloh
How do we handle a situation when we unexpectely temporaryly are without the necessary enzymes to mix with meals for our dog diagnosed with EPI?

Hi there,

You can talk to your vet about possibly using frozen pancreas obtained from your butcher. However, your vet would have to give you information on how much to give. There are some risks associated with doing this as well.

If you are simply waiting for your vet to order in your medication, it should not be life threatening to go a few days without the enzymes. However, your dog may get some diarrhea.

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (17569 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (4401 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (11909 views)

Dog is scratching his ear. For the past couple of weeks, Shilo has been scratching his ear and rubbing it on... (15837 views)

Sedative after heartworm treatment? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 and a half year old boxer/lab that is being treated... (13465 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (16423 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (27856 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (23882 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (6320 views)

Very sick puppy. Hi there So we bought a puppy from this lady a few days ago. The puppy was fine... (8034 views)