Pancreatic enzymes.

Breed: Shiloh
How do we handle a situation when we unexpectely temporaryly are without the necessary enzymes to mix with meals for our dog diagnosed with EPI?

Hi there,

You can talk to your vet about possibly using frozen pancreas obtained from your butcher. However, your vet would have to give you information on how much to give. There are some risks associated with doing this as well.

If you are simply waiting for your vet to order in your medication, it should not be life threatening to go a few days without the enzymes. However, your dog may get some diarrhea.

How long for Frontline to work An older cat has been living under my porch for a while. I am interested in bringing... (12149 views)

Coconut milk for dogs. Okay my dog has suffered colitis since he was a pup, numerous vets said his food was... (115463 views)

Pancreatitis and HGE. I had my Cooper put to sleep 3 weeks ago today. On the Monday before, he vomited... (44374 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (6995 views)

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (13158 views)

Shih Tzu not eating. He stopped eating 6 days ago. Yesterday the vet said temperature, fecal, urine,... (36016 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (9175 views)

Abscess on paw. has a very swollen front paw that spilt open between middle toes puss and blood ... (51184 views)

Popcorn in dog's stool? My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his... (22137 views)

Ear problems. Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes... (11483 views)