Pancreatic enzymes.

Breed: Shiloh
How do we handle a situation when we unexpectely temporaryly are without the necessary enzymes to mix with meals for our dog diagnosed with EPI?

Hi there,

You can talk to your vet about possibly using frozen pancreas obtained from your butcher. However, your vet would have to give you information on how much to give. There are some risks associated with doing this as well.

If you are simply waiting for your vet to order in your medication, it should not be life threatening to go a few days without the enzymes. However, your dog may get some diarrhea.

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (183590 views)

Tapeworms in kittens. Hey there, I spoke with you a few days ago about my kittens that have worms. The... (13617 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (18185 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (7011 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (9607 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (19568 views)

Lump on dog's head. Within a week or two I noticed a bump on Badger's head (about center back behind... (37174 views)

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (9077 views)

Slimy white stuff in urine. Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in... (31853 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. Today I had went to a new vet with my 8 year old Cocker Spaniel, and while the vet... (14295 views)