Pancreatic enzymes.

Breed: Shiloh
How do we handle a situation when we unexpectely temporaryly are without the necessary enzymes to mix with meals for our dog diagnosed with EPI?

Hi there,

You can talk to your vet about possibly using frozen pancreas obtained from your butcher. However, your vet would have to give you information on how much to give. There are some risks associated with doing this as well.

If you are simply waiting for your vet to order in your medication, it should not be life threatening to go a few days without the enzymes. However, your dog may get some diarrhea.

Bleeding from penis won't stop. I have a british bulldog who began bleeding from his penis a week ago. Took him to... (40494 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (18453 views)

Seborrheic dermatitis in Irish Setter. i have a 12yr old irish setter who has seborrheic dermatitis. she has the scaley... (10864 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (8106 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (8237 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (22778 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (63537 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (13958 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (10946 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (16542 views)