Pancreatic enzymes.

Breed: Shiloh
How do we handle a situation when we unexpectely temporaryly are without the necessary enzymes to mix with meals for our dog diagnosed with EPI?

Hi there,

You can talk to your vet about possibly using frozen pancreas obtained from your butcher. However, your vet would have to give you information on how much to give. There are some risks associated with doing this as well.

If you are simply waiting for your vet to order in your medication, it should not be life threatening to go a few days without the enzymes. However, your dog may get some diarrhea.

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (19315 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (22864 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (7918 views)

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (11563 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (22568 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (7605 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (15782 views)

Cyst on dog? My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her... (7965 views)

Parvo? My English Mastiff started vomiting on Friday. By Saturday he had extremely watery... (15339 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (92835 views)