Pancreatic enzymes.

Breed: Shiloh
How do we handle a situation when we unexpectely temporaryly are without the necessary enzymes to mix with meals for our dog diagnosed with EPI?

Hi there,

You can talk to your vet about possibly using frozen pancreas obtained from your butcher. However, your vet would have to give you information on how much to give. There are some risks associated with doing this as well.

If you are simply waiting for your vet to order in your medication, it should not be life threatening to go a few days without the enzymes. However, your dog may get some diarrhea.

Kitten urinating in house. we adopted a 4 month old kitten 3 weeks ago. yesterday he urinated on my husbands... (5842 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (13920 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (4922 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (9080 views)

Dog in heat. My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around... (9867 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (10260 views)

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (19425 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (73660 views)

dog with strabismus Dr. , My Boxer Cooper has what I think is called strabismus or lazy eye. He has... (13866 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (9632 views)