Brown staining around pee area.

Breed: Australian Shepard M
The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I would like to know if there is something else going on that I need to address or why it is like this, it does not seem to bother her and does not look sore any help would be appreciated

When we are seeing brown staining around the vulva of a dog it usually means that the dog is licking at this area. For some reason, saliva stains fur brown.

Normally, if a dog is licking at this area then it means that there is an issue there. Many dogs will have a skin fold around the vulva. When there is a skin fold this area can get infected quite easily.

Most infections in this area do need antibiotics prescribed by a vet. It won't hurt to try using some neosporin or polysporin cream in this area 3x daily, but usually if there is infection stronger medicine is needed.

Sometimes the licking can just be because of a build up of debris. If this is the case, then cleaning the area a couple of times a week with a baby wipe will often help.

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (17452 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i think my dog is pregnet she has big nipples and she is getting lazy she was in... (5595 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (39078 views)

Kennel Cough. Hello I am only 16 and my parents do not believe me on my concern for my dog. I do... (6102 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (24570 views)

Why did dog die? My dog, Runway, died suddenly early sunday morning, at about 1:00am. I am wondering... (14643 views)

Dog skin allergies. My 4 year old English Setter ( house dog and hunter) recently came down with ear... (8462 views)

Snorted out vaccine. Hello Dr. Marie....Rianna had her booster for Bordatella first of October..she has... (9611 views)

Is Tropiclean safe? Dear Dr. Marie: Hello! I am writing to ask about giving a water additive to my... (19428 views)

Toxic to pets? I am going green and looking for a floor cleaning solution that is dog safe. I was... (5758 views)