Brown staining around pee area.

Breed: Australian Shepard M
The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I would like to know if there is something else going on that I need to address or why it is like this, it does not seem to bother her and does not look sore any help would be appreciated

When we are seeing brown staining around the vulva of a dog it usually means that the dog is licking at this area. For some reason, saliva stains fur brown.

Normally, if a dog is licking at this area then it means that there is an issue there. Many dogs will have a skin fold around the vulva. When there is a skin fold this area can get infected quite easily.

Most infections in this area do need antibiotics prescribed by a vet. It won't hurt to try using some neosporin or polysporin cream in this area 3x daily, but usually if there is infection stronger medicine is needed.

Sometimes the licking can just be because of a build up of debris. If this is the case, then cleaning the area a couple of times a week with a baby wipe will often help.

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (43271 views)

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (19073 views)

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (17537 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (4166 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (56378 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (9430 views)

Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs. I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any... (7924 views)

Paralyzed dog. O.K, here is the deal. Our dog Sadie was diagnosed with a ruptured disc (L2) I... (43875 views)

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (17393 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (16317 views)