Brown staining around pee area.

Breed: Australian Shepard M
The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I would like to know if there is something else going on that I need to address or why it is like this, it does not seem to bother her and does not look sore any help would be appreciated

When we are seeing brown staining around the vulva of a dog it usually means that the dog is licking at this area. For some reason, saliva stains fur brown.

Normally, if a dog is licking at this area then it means that there is an issue there. Many dogs will have a skin fold around the vulva. When there is a skin fold this area can get infected quite easily.

Most infections in this area do need antibiotics prescribed by a vet. It won't hurt to try using some neosporin or polysporin cream in this area 3x daily, but usually if there is infection stronger medicine is needed.

Sometimes the licking can just be because of a build up of debris. If this is the case, then cleaning the area a couple of times a week with a baby wipe will often help.

Why does guinea pig have pink poop? Hi! I am a big fan! So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink... (13185 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (29548 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (11218 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (16649 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (82233 views)

Shaking, Limping dog. yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was... (24827 views)

Coughin Min Pin. My dog throws up yellow bile, in the mornings, every other month or so. Her stomach... (12322 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (8469 views)

4 year old cat not eating. My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She... (6472 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (10283 views)