Red bumps on puppy's belly.

Breed: Border Collie
Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and the center of some of them come to a head that are like pimples. The heads are white and look like the have puss in them or like they could be popped. (not that I want to try that)! They don't seem to be bothering her but they sure look like they would as red as they are. The ones that come to a head and are white have a small red area around them most are only about a quarter of an inch wide counting the red area but one of them that does not have a head and just looks raw is about a half inch wide. If I can find a way to attach a picture I will. I just don't want it to be something that my kids could catch as she is around them all the time. What do you think?

Thanks for your question and thanks for sending your picture:

bumps on belly

The most common reason for a puppy to have bumps on her belly is something called "puppy pyoderma". If this is what it is then it is absolutely nothing to worry about and will go away on its own.

The next possibility is that it is a bacterial skin infection. This is not really common in puppies. And, usually if there is a skin infection it is really itchy. So, if Bella is not bothering with the areas then this is probably not what is going on.

If it was summer time I would say that these could be mosquito bites, but that is not likely at this time of the year.

Remember, an online visit is not a substitute for an in person visit with your vet. So, if this is not getting better within a couple of weeks, or if it starts to get bothersome, or if your gut is just telling you "something is wrong" then it is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

The chances of this being something that is contagious to your children are really small.

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (6507 views)

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (7984 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (6280 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (4952 views)

Stuffed up dog. We are a foster home/rescue home for dogs. We brought in a new foster two weeks ago... (55151 views)

Brewer's Yeast for fleas. Is brewers yeast and garlic a safe treatment for deterring fleas and ticks,... (15365 views)

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (10089 views)

Mole on dog's leg. My dog has what looks like a mole on his leg, do dogs have moles or should I take... (11772 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (12771 views)

Possible asthma My 7 year old cat has always had frequent hairballs. I have always suspected he had... (11064 views)