Red bumps on puppy's belly.

Breed: Border Collie
Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and the center of some of them come to a head that are like pimples. The heads are white and look like the have puss in them or like they could be popped. (not that I want to try that)! They don't seem to be bothering her but they sure look like they would as red as they are. The ones that come to a head and are white have a small red area around them most are only about a quarter of an inch wide counting the red area but one of them that does not have a head and just looks raw is about a half inch wide. If I can find a way to attach a picture I will. I just don't want it to be something that my kids could catch as she is around them all the time. What do you think?

Thanks for your question and thanks for sending your picture:

bumps on belly

The most common reason for a puppy to have bumps on her belly is something called "puppy pyoderma". If this is what it is then it is absolutely nothing to worry about and will go away on its own.

The next possibility is that it is a bacterial skin infection. This is not really common in puppies. And, usually if there is a skin infection it is really itchy. So, if Bella is not bothering with the areas then this is probably not what is going on.

If it was summer time I would say that these could be mosquito bites, but that is not likely at this time of the year.

Remember, an online visit is not a substitute for an in person visit with your vet. So, if this is not getting better within a couple of weeks, or if it starts to get bothersome, or if your gut is just telling you "something is wrong" then it is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

The chances of this being something that is contagious to your children are really small.

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (27913 views)

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (145667 views)

Vaginal bleeding. Hi, my little desexed jack russell is bleeding slightly from her vagina when she... (69147 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (5416 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (3721 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (8483 views)

Should we put down out cat? Good evening. My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still... (3239 views)

Guinea pig with mammary tumor. what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!... (9684 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (9838 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea with blood. Our family pet has been vomitting all day and there seemed to be blood in it and... (7195 views)