Constipated cat.

Breed:
my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him use the restroom

If a cat is constipated then it is always recommended to take him to the veterinarian. There is no easy fix such as a quick laxative in situations like this.

Usually there is an underlying reason for the constipation. He could have a condition called megacolon, or he could have a kidney problem which is causing dehydration which can cause the body to remove too much water from the stools. There are other possible reasons as well.

There are many different things that the vet can do. Often, I find I need to keep a cat in the hospital for a day or two and give repeated warm water enemas to help soften up the stool and then get it out. Sometimes I even have to administer an anesthetic and then manually use my hands to get the stool out.

Once the cat is cleared out there are a number of medicines that can help him to stay regular.

I have been having really good success lately with a food called Royal Canin Gastro diet for cats that has extra psyllium and other things that help cats to move their bowels.

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (13787 views)

Renal lymphoma? my cat just had dental surgery. After about a week I noticed she was still listless... (27523 views)

Should dog with cancer be euthanized? Ben was diagnosed with a Grade III mast cell tumor last February. We had it... (18020 views)

New hamster tips. Ok well im getting a hamster tomorrow and i had one a few years ago. a few years ago... (9544 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (14742 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (8417 views)

Facial lymph nodes on a dog. My puppy has a lump under each eye. Almost like a gland. I have no clue, maybe tumor... (24108 views)

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (14878 views)

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (8929 views)

Hypoglycemia and food coming from nose. Walter began sneezing this morning. The sneezing became worse and he was soaked... (11985 views)