Constipated cat.

Breed:
my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him use the restroom

If a cat is constipated then it is always recommended to take him to the veterinarian. There is no easy fix such as a quick laxative in situations like this.

Usually there is an underlying reason for the constipation. He could have a condition called megacolon, or he could have a kidney problem which is causing dehydration which can cause the body to remove too much water from the stools. There are other possible reasons as well.

There are many different things that the vet can do. Often, I find I need to keep a cat in the hospital for a day or two and give repeated warm water enemas to help soften up the stool and then get it out. Sometimes I even have to administer an anesthetic and then manually use my hands to get the stool out.

Once the cat is cleared out there are a number of medicines that can help him to stay regular.

I have been having really good success lately with a food called Royal Canin Gastro diet for cats that has extra psyllium and other things that help cats to move their bowels.

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (23060 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (7199 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (36469 views)

Xray for hip dysplasia? Hi Dr, I was just wondering as a rule whether I should have Max x-rayed to check... (5637 views)

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (15214 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (11269 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (8708 views)

Infected spay incision? My puppy was spade last Thursday and I'm worried her incision is not healing... (52445 views)

Penis discharge in dog. Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been... (96962 views)

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (7692 views)