Constipated cat.

Breed:
my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him use the restroom

If a cat is constipated then it is always recommended to take him to the veterinarian. There is no easy fix such as a quick laxative in situations like this.

Usually there is an underlying reason for the constipation. He could have a condition called megacolon, or he could have a kidney problem which is causing dehydration which can cause the body to remove too much water from the stools. There are other possible reasons as well.

There are many different things that the vet can do. Often, I find I need to keep a cat in the hospital for a day or two and give repeated warm water enemas to help soften up the stool and then get it out. Sometimes I even have to administer an anesthetic and then manually use my hands to get the stool out.

Once the cat is cleared out there are a number of medicines that can help him to stay regular.

I have been having really good success lately with a food called Royal Canin Gastro diet for cats that has extra psyllium and other things that help cats to move their bowels.

Cat with diarrhea but eating. My 12 year old tabby had watery diarrhea and vomited 1 night ago. I took food away... (24130 views)

Cat fell from the balcony. HI,Please,i Know i Didnt paid you! But i dont have credit card,and i think my cat... (10029 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (28221 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (27483 views)

Cat suddenly bites or scratches. Hi there....i have a beautiful BIG moggy who is a 'lovecat' - very affectionate -... (15439 views)

Arthritis in a Newfie. My ten year old Newfie mix is eating less and seems very stiff and sometimes... (9946 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (49649 views)

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (8440 views)

Aggressive dog torn nail Lincoln split his nail 2 weeks ago. I put Neosporin on it and wrapped it with a... (11298 views)

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (16242 views)