Worms in vomit.

Breed: Begal mix
My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I do? Is it harmful or should I just give her a dewormer? Should I just take her to a vet and get her check out for heart worms or any worm of that nature please choose my question and get back to me thank you!

It's definitely a good idea to take a stool sample to your vet so they can do some tests on it and determine what type of parasites are present. The most common type of parasite for dogs to vomit would be roundworms. These usually look like spaghetti, sometimes a little smaller.

If it is roundworm then the vet can prescribe medication. But, often for roundworms, over the counter meds work well. Just be sure to treat now, two weeks from now and then monthly for a few months. If you don't then you won't get rid of all of the life stages of the worms.

If there are other parasites present then you may need prescription medications to get rid of them.

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (5495 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (27776 views)

Puppy ate Imodium We think our 11-week-old puppy ate an Imodium. He weighs 6.5 pounds. Do we need to... (21723 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (11913 views)

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (9806 views)

Pooping outside of box. Hi, I have a 13 year old cat named Dagmar. Apart from being slightly overweight, she... (7017 views)

Rare form hepatitis. I got Sadie in January this year. She is a rescue. She's been sick since February.... (4608 views)

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (15492 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (13997 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (6555 views)