Worms in vomit.

Breed: Begal mix
My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I do? Is it harmful or should I just give her a dewormer? Should I just take her to a vet and get her check out for heart worms or any worm of that nature please choose my question and get back to me thank you!

It's definitely a good idea to take a stool sample to your vet so they can do some tests on it and determine what type of parasites are present. The most common type of parasite for dogs to vomit would be roundworms. These usually look like spaghetti, sometimes a little smaller.

If it is roundworm then the vet can prescribe medication. But, often for roundworms, over the counter meds work well. Just be sure to treat now, two weeks from now and then monthly for a few months. If you don't then you won't get rid of all of the life stages of the worms.

If there are other parasites present then you may need prescription medications to get rid of them.

Ear problems. Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes... (8869 views)

Chihuahua fell from couch. Hello. I have a sweet, loving, happy, and spoiled female chihuahua, weighing about... (10725 views)

Constipated kittens. I am fostering 5 kittens. I think they are about 5 weeks old. They still cannot use... (8962 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (11843 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (83141 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (18443 views)

Heartworm in a puppy? I recently sold an 11 week old pomeranian on January 24, 2010 due to allergies. I... (13340 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (21155 views)

Dog won't gain weight. Our boy, Zidane, was born May 19, 2009, which makes Zidane almost 18 months old. He... (13661 views)

Rottweiler urinating frequently. my dog has getting let out all the time and and and recently she has been weeing... (8393 views)