Worms in vomit.

Breed: Begal mix
My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I do? Is it harmful or should I just give her a dewormer? Should I just take her to a vet and get her check out for heart worms or any worm of that nature please choose my question and get back to me thank you!

It's definitely a good idea to take a stool sample to your vet so they can do some tests on it and determine what type of parasites are present. The most common type of parasite for dogs to vomit would be roundworms. These usually look like spaghetti, sometimes a little smaller.

If it is roundworm then the vet can prescribe medication. But, often for roundworms, over the counter meds work well. Just be sure to treat now, two weeks from now and then monthly for a few months. If you don't then you won't get rid of all of the life stages of the worms.

If there are other parasites present then you may need prescription medications to get rid of them.

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (19713 views)

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (9172 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (31203 views)

Puppy leaking urine. My puppy seems to be going pee while he sleeps .. He's 7 weeks old. Is this normal?... (10507 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (18692 views)

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (12660 views)

Yorkie having seizures. my dog has fits his back legs go stiff he then starts panting excessively his fur is... (9689 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (7776 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (29307 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (48452 views)