Worms in vomit.

Breed: Begal mix
My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I do? Is it harmful or should I just give her a dewormer? Should I just take her to a vet and get her check out for heart worms or any worm of that nature please choose my question and get back to me thank you!

It's definitely a good idea to take a stool sample to your vet so they can do some tests on it and determine what type of parasites are present. The most common type of parasite for dogs to vomit would be roundworms. These usually look like spaghetti, sometimes a little smaller.

If it is roundworm then the vet can prescribe medication. But, often for roundworms, over the counter meds work well. Just be sure to treat now, two weeks from now and then monthly for a few months. If you don't then you won't get rid of all of the life stages of the worms.

If there are other parasites present then you may need prescription medications to get rid of them.

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (16025 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. 10 days ago my german Shepherd at a maxi pad ( enlongated overnight maxi with wings)... (21789 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18729 views)

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (11276 views)

Stop dog fighting. Hi I have 3 dogs and the one dog is a bit pushy towards the other dogs, she will... (4531 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (66600 views)

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (6867 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (49061 views)

Questions about cryptosporidium. Vet told me dog has cryptosporidium She had diarrehea and vomit but lasted 24 hours... (20740 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (9791 views)