Worms in vomit.

Breed: Begal mix
My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I do? Is it harmful or should I just give her a dewormer? Should I just take her to a vet and get her check out for heart worms or any worm of that nature please choose my question and get back to me thank you!

It's definitely a good idea to take a stool sample to your vet so they can do some tests on it and determine what type of parasites are present. The most common type of parasite for dogs to vomit would be roundworms. These usually look like spaghetti, sometimes a little smaller.

If it is roundworm then the vet can prescribe medication. But, often for roundworms, over the counter meds work well. Just be sure to treat now, two weeks from now and then monthly for a few months. If you don't then you won't get rid of all of the life stages of the worms.

If there are other parasites present then you may need prescription medications to get rid of them.

How to stop dog from scratching. I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching... (20788 views)

Hole on puppy's head. My german shepherd gave birth to 9 puppies on June 19, however 1 pup came out with a... (19266 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (16259 views)

Dehydrated and trouble breathing. I found my cat yesterday just lying on the ground, he can't lift his head, yesterday... (11786 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (53816 views)

Bump on eye. Dear Dr. Marie, I am writing about my 3-year-old Australian Cattle Dog, Bruce.... (14785 views)

Cat can't poop. hi am afraid it is a mega colon my cat is not giving any stool , although he is... (17947 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (15156 views)

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (12560 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (14093 views)