Testicle tumor and incontinence.

Breed: collie
my 11 year old dog has a swollen testicle, (a friend told me it may be a tumor), he is also becoming incontinent over the last few days and is leaking urine even when he is walking. Are these 2 problems linked?

Sorry to hear that Rocky is having these problems. If your dog has had a swollen testicle for a while then a tumor is definitely likely. It is possible that the tumor is affecting his prostate as well and this can cause some incontinence issues.

Or, if there is cancer that has spread we can see an increase in urination if the kidneys or bladder are involved or if there is an increase in calcium levels which happens with some cancers.

There are other possible reasons for incontinence which would be not related to a tumor as well.

It really sounds like a vet visit is in order.

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (7102 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (18462 views)

Food to dissolve bladder stones. We have a 12-13 year old dog who has been diagnosed with 5 large stones in her... (15874 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (20106 views)

Red lesion on whippet's leg. Hi there. My whippet gets a little crazy sometimes running in the backyard. I... (5629 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (20572 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (8567 views)

Swelling above dog's eye. This morning I noticed redness and swelling of my dog's upper eyelid. I gave him one... (27562 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (5004 views)

Do dogs get sciatica? Hi, about three weeks ago zues' back legs seemed week and clumsy and he was dripping... (12594 views)