Cat attacked by dog.

Breed: Mix Tabby
My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently staying with my new born at home alone most the time...when i heard the cat being attacked i rushed outside but the dog had her in his mouth by her back... He dog got scared and threw her in the grass and went off running. Lulu is pretty tough...and dragged herself all the way to our backyard. Since i have the new baby i coulnd take her to the vet righ away and no one in the family dares to touh her. Shes got bit on her back but she could get up slowly. Moves around a little but ber back legs kind of drag a bit , but eventually she moves. What could be the risk of. Ot taking her to the vet right away? How would i know if she has hurt her lungs?? She did not bleed much only a bit but im concerned...
Thank you.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear about Lulu.

The biggest concern I have is that she may have been shaken. If a cat is shaken by a bigger animal they can have serious organ damage.

I'm also really concerned that she is having trouble moving her back legs. She may have a serious spinal injury.

I know it is difficult, but I would highly advise that she sees a vet right away. If Lulu has inflammation around her spinal cord, getting her on the appropriate medication right away can be the difference between life and death for her.

The vet will do a good exam and will likely want to take some xrays as well.

I really hope she is ok!

Grade 4 heart murmur. Today I had went to a new vet with my 8 year old Cocker Spaniel, and while the vet... (11135 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (13250 views)

Possible laryngeal Parlysis Rex is having breathing difficulties for the last few days primarily while eating or... (8093 views)

Chihuahua with loose teeth. My Chihuahua's teeth are starting to get very loose. She is only two years old,... (11599 views)

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (5257 views)

Sores on dog's nose. Dr. Marie- Our dog has been breaking out in sore/boil/blister type bumps on his... (79883 views)

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (43262 views)

In pain after anal gland surgery. my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has... (7701 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (8226 views)

Bleeding from mouth. Hi Dr. Marie, What would cause recurrent tongue and gum ulcers in cats? Chuger is... (31383 views)