Cat attacked by dog.

Breed: Mix Tabby
My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently staying with my new born at home alone most the time...when i heard the cat being attacked i rushed outside but the dog had her in his mouth by her back... He dog got scared and threw her in the grass and went off running. Lulu is pretty tough...and dragged herself all the way to our backyard. Since i have the new baby i coulnd take her to the vet righ away and no one in the family dares to touh her. Shes got bit on her back but she could get up slowly. Moves around a little but ber back legs kind of drag a bit , but eventually she moves. What could be the risk of. Ot taking her to the vet right away? How would i know if she has hurt her lungs?? She did not bleed much only a bit but im concerned...
Thank you.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear about Lulu.

The biggest concern I have is that she may have been shaken. If a cat is shaken by a bigger animal they can have serious organ damage.

I'm also really concerned that she is having trouble moving her back legs. She may have a serious spinal injury.

I know it is difficult, but I would highly advise that she sees a vet right away. If Lulu has inflammation around her spinal cord, getting her on the appropriate medication right away can be the difference between life and death for her.

The vet will do a good exam and will likely want to take some xrays as well.

I really hope she is ok!

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (3838 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (17934 views)

Bumps on schnauzer. Hi Dr. Marie, Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this very valuable, yet... (23133 views)

Rapid breathing in sleep. My 8 week old puppy breathes very rapidly whenever she falls asleep like she is out... (110052 views)

Cat shaking after flea treatment. I accidentally treated my kitten with a store bought flea treatment meant for dogs... (27299 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (9597 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (9542 views)

Blood in urine My male cat has red staining to his urine, he isn't acting any different but is... (5363 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (7627 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (12354 views)