Cat attacked by dog.

Breed: Mix Tabby
My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently staying with my new born at home alone most the time...when i heard the cat being attacked i rushed outside but the dog had her in his mouth by her back... He dog got scared and threw her in the grass and went off running. Lulu is pretty tough...and dragged herself all the way to our backyard. Since i have the new baby i coulnd take her to the vet righ away and no one in the family dares to touh her. Shes got bit on her back but she could get up slowly. Moves around a little but ber back legs kind of drag a bit , but eventually she moves. What could be the risk of. Ot taking her to the vet right away? How would i know if she has hurt her lungs?? She did not bleed much only a bit but im concerned...
Thank you.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear about Lulu.

The biggest concern I have is that she may have been shaken. If a cat is shaken by a bigger animal they can have serious organ damage.

I'm also really concerned that she is having trouble moving her back legs. She may have a serious spinal injury.

I know it is difficult, but I would highly advise that she sees a vet right away. If Lulu has inflammation around her spinal cord, getting her on the appropriate medication right away can be the difference between life and death for her.

The vet will do a good exam and will likely want to take some xrays as well.

I really hope she is ok!

Strange problem with cat. I am having a serious issue. I have an 11 year old female indoor cat, never fixed. ... (9237 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (10859 views)

Rimadyl and kidney problems. On November 24 2010, Trixie got into the neighbors trash. She was vomiting and had... (19909 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (7357 views)

Chicken jerky treats making dog sick My 2 yr old Shizu/Poodle has been scratching and her water intake seems to have... (5547 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (10047 views)

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (30660 views)

Cat has scabs and dry skin. Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put... (11822 views)

Lump on dog's chin. My dachshund has a bump on his lower lip that looks like a blood blister? Could it... (37858 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (7666 views)