Cat attacked by dog.

Breed: Mix Tabby
My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently staying with my new born at home alone most the time...when i heard the cat being attacked i rushed outside but the dog had her in his mouth by her back... He dog got scared and threw her in the grass and went off running. Lulu is pretty tough...and dragged herself all the way to our backyard. Since i have the new baby i coulnd take her to the vet righ away and no one in the family dares to touh her. Shes got bit on her back but she could get up slowly. Moves around a little but ber back legs kind of drag a bit , but eventually she moves. What could be the risk of. Ot taking her to the vet right away? How would i know if she has hurt her lungs?? She did not bleed much only a bit but im concerned...
Thank you.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear about Lulu.

The biggest concern I have is that she may have been shaken. If a cat is shaken by a bigger animal they can have serious organ damage.

I'm also really concerned that she is having trouble moving her back legs. She may have a serious spinal injury.

I know it is difficult, but I would highly advise that she sees a vet right away. If Lulu has inflammation around her spinal cord, getting her on the appropriate medication right away can be the difference between life and death for her.

The vet will do a good exam and will likely want to take some xrays as well.

I really hope she is ok!

Vaccinate against parvo? Chester is about 10 weeks he was a stray he now has Parvo but I think recovering at... (6730 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (7734 views)

Head tremors and clingy dog. For the first time in 12 years my dog has started following me around obsessively... (10140 views)

Black spot on Hamster's skin. my hamster has a black spot under his hair.should he have this?????????????. he is a... (21163 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (14141 views)

Cat died. Dear Doctor Haynes, I started looking after a stray young tomcat (who I presume... (8252 views)

Rare form hepatitis. I got Sadie in January this year. She is a rescue. She's been sick since February.... (5920 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (21840 views)

Chemical castration of dogs. What would be the benefits of Zinc neutering using Zinc Gluconate offered by Ark... (16068 views)

Peeing in house and throwing up. My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A... (62491 views)