Cat attacked by dog.

Breed: Mix Tabby
My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently staying with my new born at home alone most the time...when i heard the cat being attacked i rushed outside but the dog had her in his mouth by her back... He dog got scared and threw her in the grass and went off running. Lulu is pretty tough...and dragged herself all the way to our backyard. Since i have the new baby i coulnd take her to the vet righ away and no one in the family dares to touh her. Shes got bit on her back but she could get up slowly. Moves around a little but ber back legs kind of drag a bit , but eventually she moves. What could be the risk of. Ot taking her to the vet right away? How would i know if she has hurt her lungs?? She did not bleed much only a bit but im concerned...
Thank you.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear about Lulu.

The biggest concern I have is that she may have been shaken. If a cat is shaken by a bigger animal they can have serious organ damage.

I'm also really concerned that she is having trouble moving her back legs. She may have a serious spinal injury.

I know it is difficult, but I would highly advise that she sees a vet right away. If Lulu has inflammation around her spinal cord, getting her on the appropriate medication right away can be the difference between life and death for her.

The vet will do a good exam and will likely want to take some xrays as well.

I really hope she is ok!

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (4428 views)

Submissive urination. Hey Dr.Marie my dog Mya is 1 year and a half but everytime someone picks her up she... (9761 views)

Dog ate raisins. My 16lb. 10 month old beagle ate about 20-25 raisins yesterday at approx. 6pm and we... (134865 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (10769 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (21962 views)

Possible autoimmune disease. Hi, My dog is currently under vetrinarian care but he has a problem that my... (8732 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (10026 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (17804 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (9525 views)

Freckles on a dog's belly. Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in... (20852 views)