Bleeding and then death.

Breed: Boxer and Pittbull
What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating, drinking and then rotting from the inside out until death, Then after death, poopout blood?

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to your dog.

While I could never say for sure I can give you a few possible reasons.

Any time we see a lot of bleeding we worry about a problem with blood clotting. One possible reason for a blood clotting problem is if your dog had gotten into some rat or mouse poison.

Another possible reason is a disease spread by ticks such as ehrlichia, or rocky mountain spotted fever. It is also possible that there was a problem with her platelets which could be caused by a condition called immune mediated thrombocytopenia.

Was Sheba vaccinated? If not, then there is a possibility that she had parvo virus. Although parvo doesn't directly cause bloody saliva, in the end stages of the disease we can often see bleeding from multiple parts of the body.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (12723 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (7345 views)

Liver shunt surgery. Recently I found out that the kitten I adopted a few months ago has a Portosystemic... (7844 views)

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (11309 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (5570 views)

Worms in stool. My dogs stool has a lot of worms in it. My Mom's friends takes care of a lot of... (16253 views)

Red lesion on whippet's leg. Hi there. My whippet gets a little crazy sometimes running in the backyard. I... (6301 views)

Incontinent kitten. Hi there! I have a kitten who was found in a drain at about 3 weeks. The vets at... (11098 views)

Radiation danger to pets? I am currently undergoing radioactive iodine therapy and my doctor says that I need... (33655 views)

Jaw cancer? Hello doctor. My question is about my 8-10 year old cat. He has had teeth removed do... (11986 views)