Bleeding and then death.

Breed: Boxer and Pittbull
What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating, drinking and then rotting from the inside out until death, Then after death, poopout blood?

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to your dog.

While I could never say for sure I can give you a few possible reasons.

Any time we see a lot of bleeding we worry about a problem with blood clotting. One possible reason for a blood clotting problem is if your dog had gotten into some rat or mouse poison.

Another possible reason is a disease spread by ticks such as ehrlichia, or rocky mountain spotted fever. It is also possible that there was a problem with her platelets which could be caused by a condition called immune mediated thrombocytopenia.

Was Sheba vaccinated? If not, then there is a possibility that she had parvo virus. Although parvo doesn't directly cause bloody saliva, in the end stages of the disease we can often see bleeding from multiple parts of the body.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (20216 views)

Kitten diarrhea. my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he... (11640 views)

Should we euthanize? Hershey was diagnosed with lymphoma today. He has two large swollen nodes under his... (16691 views)

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (23945 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (13426 views)

Guinea pig jumping out of my arms. I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks.... (7621 views)

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (13352 views)

Large abdomen in cat. We have an 18+ year old cat who is thin and bony, but has a 20" diameter potbelly... (13795 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (26683 views)

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (9847 views)