Bleeding and then death.

Breed: Boxer and Pittbull
What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating, drinking and then rotting from the inside out until death, Then after death, poopout blood?

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to your dog.

While I could never say for sure I can give you a few possible reasons.

Any time we see a lot of bleeding we worry about a problem with blood clotting. One possible reason for a blood clotting problem is if your dog had gotten into some rat or mouse poison.

Another possible reason is a disease spread by ticks such as ehrlichia, or rocky mountain spotted fever. It is also possible that there was a problem with her platelets which could be caused by a condition called immune mediated thrombocytopenia.

Was Sheba vaccinated? If not, then there is a possibility that she had parvo virus. Although parvo doesn't directly cause bloody saliva, in the end stages of the disease we can often see bleeding from multiple parts of the body.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (28780 views)

Puppy and adult dog vomiting. Our 8 yr old lab became ill about 2 weeks ago with occassional vomiting, diarrhea,... (5905 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (8121 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (9617 views)

Itchy feet, belly, tail. I live in MA with my dog. We went to NY (an hour north of NYC) at the very beginning... (30327 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (27964 views)

Kitten's eye is sealed shut. My kitten got either calici virus or the herpes virus and it affected one eye. For... (19556 views)

Blood pressure for a bird. What is a normal Blood pressure for an AFrican Grey Parrot her wing pressure was... (9291 views)

Seizures wouldn't stop. My dog suddenly had status epilepticus without having prior history of seizures. He... (31692 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Is my dog dying? My dog vomitted yesterday, then she had a very loose stool in my kitchen. She never... (34779 views)