Bleeding and then death.

Breed: Boxer and Pittbull
What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating, drinking and then rotting from the inside out until death, Then after death, poopout blood?

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to your dog.

While I could never say for sure I can give you a few possible reasons.

Any time we see a lot of bleeding we worry about a problem with blood clotting. One possible reason for a blood clotting problem is if your dog had gotten into some rat or mouse poison.

Another possible reason is a disease spread by ticks such as ehrlichia, or rocky mountain spotted fever. It is also possible that there was a problem with her platelets which could be caused by a condition called immune mediated thrombocytopenia.

Was Sheba vaccinated? If not, then there is a possibility that she had parvo virus. Although parvo doesn't directly cause bloody saliva, in the end stages of the disease we can often see bleeding from multiple parts of the body.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Limping boston terrier. hi my boston terrier wont put any weight on his back right foot. It started of only... (23540 views)

Pit bull has pus and is off balance. Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog... (7802 views)

cat with trouble breathing I have a cat named Bunny, she is about 4 or 5 years old, she is a little over... (25931 views)

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (7370 views)

My dog is deaf. Almost total deaf within the last 3 months. 14 yr. old english pointer. Female. In... (7033 views)

1 month puppy can't poop. She has been constipated for 3 days. We have put half tsp. olive oil in food, giving... (14349 views)

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (10595 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (8902 views)

Dog drinks every 20 minutes. I have a 10 year old chihuahua and she is drinking alot of water...she is eating... (17600 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (4767 views)