Spots all over body.

Breed: Staffordshire Bull t
Hi

My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like chicken pox, they dont seem to be bothering him, could you please advise what they may be

Many thanks

Hi and thanks for your question. It's always hard to advise on skin questions without being able to see your dog.

Any time I see lesions that are like spots on a dog I wonder about a bacterial skin infection. These are really common on dogs and often we don't know the cause. If there is an infection then the dog will need to have antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

Staffies very commonly get allergies which can cause skin problems. While allergies wouldn't cause little red dots it can cause the skin to be inflamed which can predispose it to infection.

Another possibility is mosquito bites. However, these are usually just on the belly or ears and not usually all over the body.

Sounds like a vet visit is in order!

Low T4 and thyroid medicine. I have a 6yr old lab mix (approx 70 lbs) that was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (4134 views)

Zodiac safe? Is Zodiac Spot Treatment safe to use on my small dog and... (8888 views)

Swollen foot because of bandage. Hi- My dog recently cut himself and had to get 4 stitches. The day he was to get... (71159 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (16555 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (4436 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (60839 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (14227 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (6483 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (8270 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (15309 views)