Spots all over body.

Breed: Staffordshire Bull t
Hi

My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like chicken pox, they dont seem to be bothering him, could you please advise what they may be

Many thanks

Hi and thanks for your question. It's always hard to advise on skin questions without being able to see your dog.

Any time I see lesions that are like spots on a dog I wonder about a bacterial skin infection. These are really common on dogs and often we don't know the cause. If there is an infection then the dog will need to have antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

Staffies very commonly get allergies which can cause skin problems. While allergies wouldn't cause little red dots it can cause the skin to be inflamed which can predispose it to infection.

Another possibility is mosquito bites. However, these are usually just on the belly or ears and not usually all over the body.

Sounds like a vet visit is in order!

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (9442 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (7104 views)

Lump on dog's lip. I have contacted you several times about my dog, Honey. I tend to over think things,... (76565 views)

Lump on paw pad. Hi Dr. Marie! Baileys is a patient of yours at Beechwood Animal Hospital. We were... (46547 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (13768 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (11189 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (34636 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (8946 views)

Palliative care vs. euthanasia? Hello. First let me say that this turned out to be long and probably rambling. ... (12703 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (17881 views)