Spots all over body.

Breed: Staffordshire Bull t
Hi

My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like chicken pox, they dont seem to be bothering him, could you please advise what they may be

Many thanks

Hi and thanks for your question. It's always hard to advise on skin questions without being able to see your dog.

Any time I see lesions that are like spots on a dog I wonder about a bacterial skin infection. These are really common on dogs and often we don't know the cause. If there is an infection then the dog will need to have antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

Staffies very commonly get allergies which can cause skin problems. While allergies wouldn't cause little red dots it can cause the skin to be inflamed which can predispose it to infection.

Another possibility is mosquito bites. However, these are usually just on the belly or ears and not usually all over the body.

Sounds like a vet visit is in order!

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (12393 views)

Kitten has diarrhea Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i... (11269 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (20818 views)

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (10829 views)

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (15684 views)

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (14316 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (36965 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (29042 views)

Surgery needed for cruciate tear? Hello again Dr. Marie, you seem like a compassionate and caring person, so I would... (6734 views)

Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (52358 views)