Spots all over body.

Breed: Staffordshire Bull t
Hi

My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like chicken pox, they dont seem to be bothering him, could you please advise what they may be

Many thanks

Hi and thanks for your question. It's always hard to advise on skin questions without being able to see your dog.

Any time I see lesions that are like spots on a dog I wonder about a bacterial skin infection. These are really common on dogs and often we don't know the cause. If there is an infection then the dog will need to have antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

Staffies very commonly get allergies which can cause skin problems. While allergies wouldn't cause little red dots it can cause the skin to be inflamed which can predispose it to infection.

Another possibility is mosquito bites. However, these are usually just on the belly or ears and not usually all over the body.

Sounds like a vet visit is in order!

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (6012 views)

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (10505 views)

Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats. Hello, I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of ... (9380 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (10220 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (11601 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (15203 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (10478 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (10535 views)

Is Okra toxic to dogs? Without thinking, I gave my dog a small amount (appx 1/4 cup) of oven fried... (58940 views)

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (20139 views)