Spots all over body.

Breed: Staffordshire Bull t
Hi

My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like chicken pox, they dont seem to be bothering him, could you please advise what they may be

Many thanks

Hi and thanks for your question. It's always hard to advise on skin questions without being able to see your dog.

Any time I see lesions that are like spots on a dog I wonder about a bacterial skin infection. These are really common on dogs and often we don't know the cause. If there is an infection then the dog will need to have antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

Staffies very commonly get allergies which can cause skin problems. While allergies wouldn't cause little red dots it can cause the skin to be inflamed which can predispose it to infection.

Another possibility is mosquito bites. However, these are usually just on the belly or ears and not usually all over the body.

Sounds like a vet visit is in order!

Lance abscess? My dog was was in a fight with my roomates dog. He healed up and was himself a few... (11770 views)

When to neuter my dog. Hi, I have an 8 month old 63 lb male intact golden retriver. When should I neuter... (8272 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (5219 views)

Upper respiratory infection. HI Dr. Marie, Ten days ago a neighborhood cat started hanging around my house. I... (9804 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (21988 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (4457 views)

Seizures or syncopal episodes? For some history, Bella is a 12 year old pug who is as healthy as you can expect a... (7219 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (10430 views)

What kind of dog to get? My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new... (7114 views)

Stimulus sensitive seizures. Hello, My dog is part pomerainean and part something else. He is about 25lbs. He is... (19152 views)