Bruising after blood collection.

Breed: Poodle/Terrier Mix
I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew blood from her front right leg to do a heart worm test and it seemed like they had trouble drawing the blood cause it took them a couple attempts, but now her leg seems bruised or to have internal bleeding cause its a dark reddish color?! Is this safe/ok or should I be concerned? She doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but it worries me...

Hi! I am so sorry about the delay. I am away at a veterinary conference and had problems with my computer charger.

What you are seeing is actually quite common on a dog especially if there was some difficulty with the blood draw. It should resolve within a few days. If your dog allows it you can place an ice pack on the bruised area a few times a day.

Hope all goes well!

Thank you Dr. Marie! It does appear to be getting slightly better! Unfortunately Roo will not let me place an ice pack on her leg, she doesn't like anyone touching her legs...she's very picky like that. Again thank you so much for your help...

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (17111 views)

Golden Retriever Losing Weight. Hi my dog is 13 years old ,and tough he acts fine ,and goes walking everyday,he has... (17590 views)

Light colored diarrhea. Yesterday my husband and I purchased our new family addition and his brother. Last... (34358 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (9739 views)

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (23446 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (67590 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (16169 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (9375 views)

Green penile discharge. Hi, I have a 7 month old alaskan malamute. I have noticed that he has green... (18913 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (43959 views)