Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs.

Breed: Siamese x

I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables, cut up very fine. I have been giving him very small quantities of them, but I think he may have a sweet tooth and he always wants more. The particular ones he seems to really want are: red bell peppers, strawberries and pears. My question is, is it okay to give these to him, or should I be discouraging him? He actually begs for these things.

I am always amazed at cats who like fruits and vegetables! None of my cats will eat healthy foods like this.

These are totally ok to give to Paws. The only ones I would stay away from are onions, garlic and grapes.

Thanks for your question!

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (19019 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (12195 views)

How much should a dog sleep? I am curious to know how much sleep is normal for an older dog. He is a small breed... (7751 views)

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (16685 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (11489 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (11632 views)

Perianal fistula Dear Dr Marie, My baby doggie, Mushka, has developed small pimple-sized boils... (23848 views)

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (13533 views)

Coughing kitten. I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible... (14291 views)

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (12650 views)