Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs.

Breed: Siamese x

I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables, cut up very fine. I have been giving him very small quantities of them, but I think he may have a sweet tooth and he always wants more. The particular ones he seems to really want are: red bell peppers, strawberries and pears. My question is, is it okay to give these to him, or should I be discouraging him? He actually begs for these things.

I am always amazed at cats who like fruits and vegetables! None of my cats will eat healthy foods like this.

These are totally ok to give to Paws. The only ones I would stay away from are onions, garlic and grapes.

Thanks for your question!

Should I neuter him? My male chihuahua follows my female Lhasa Apso all around the house. The Lhasa does... (7694 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (17808 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (14976 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (59257 views)

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (11207 views)

Tumor on spinal cord. My dog is diagnosed with cancer. An NMR has been done. The tumor is affecting his... (7480 views)

Diarrhea and increased appetite. We found a cat that we have decided to keep. We have had all his shots, Neutered and... (6246 views)

Thumping back legs. My cat started throwing up Sunday. Yesterday he started thumping his back feet and... (24400 views)

Tylosin responsive diarrhea. In another posting on this site you mention giving tylosin daily in "tiny amounts"... (8283 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (6718 views)