Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion.

Breed: morkie
My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an drug used for schizophrenia. Right now he is very sleepy and has an anger problem. Will he be okay after 24 hours of it to pass?

Thanks for your question. Geodon (ziprasidone) can cause some serious problems if enough is eaten by a dog.

Assuming your dog weighs about 3 lbs, he would have consumed a dose of 44 mg/kg which is a very large amount.

At 6-12 mg/kg we can see any of the following side effects:
-low blood pressure
-high blood pressure
-fast heart rate
-tremors
-anxiety

At higher doses (such as what your dog may have had) we could see seizures, serious kidney problems (because of the potential low blood pressure), serious heart problems and possibly even death.

If you think your dog ingested geodon I would highly advise an emergency visit tonight so that your vet can monitor him and if necessary give antidotal medication.

Bad breath he has bad breath is there a way to look after it without the vet... (5853 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (14977 views)

Metacam safety questions. Please can you advise regarding the use of Metacam injection with other drugs? I am... (11265 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (9297 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (10175 views)

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (19354 views)

Lump on hedgehog I have a hedgehog who has a lump behind his right ear and down into his neck. If I... (13666 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (7382 views)

Bald spot on cat's back. My friend's 1 1/2 yr. old cat has been losing the hair from it's tail for about 10... (33639 views)

Cat is dying. I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was... (5982 views)