Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion.

Breed: morkie
My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an drug used for schizophrenia. Right now he is very sleepy and has an anger problem. Will he be okay after 24 hours of it to pass?

Thanks for your question. Geodon (ziprasidone) can cause some serious problems if enough is eaten by a dog.

Assuming your dog weighs about 3 lbs, he would have consumed a dose of 44 mg/kg which is a very large amount.

At 6-12 mg/kg we can see any of the following side effects:
-low blood pressure
-high blood pressure
-fast heart rate
-tremors
-anxiety

At higher doses (such as what your dog may have had) we could see seizures, serious kidney problems (because of the potential low blood pressure), serious heart problems and possibly even death.

If you think your dog ingested geodon I would highly advise an emergency visit tonight so that your vet can monitor him and if necessary give antidotal medication.

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (12659 views)

Side effects of Trilostane. Buddy was diagnosed with Cushings Disease about 5 weeks ago. He had extensive blood... (17058 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (9387 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (118157 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (8319 views)

Interstitial cystitis? Charlotte is constantly squatting as if she has to go, but nothing is coming out. I... (11164 views)

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (10509 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (32372 views)

Dog is paralyzed. How are you? I have been reading lots of articles at your site and they help me... (6217 views)

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (9443 views)