Dog's eye blue and purple.

Breed: pit-lab mix
hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt think much of it but today it has taken up half her eye and now her eye has started to turn blue,purple and white she has alot of white discharge coming out and i dont know what to do please tell me options and what it is that my dog has as far as i can tell she can still see but barely she ran into the wall a few minuites ago please help me

Sorry to hear that Annebell is having problems with her eye. This sounds like a situation where she needs to be seen by a vet right away. Any time there could be damage to an eye it is an emergency.

There are a few things that can cause these symptoms. It's possible that she has had some trauma to her eye. It could be that she has punctured her cornea (the front of her eye). If this happens then this is definitely an emergency.

Any sort of mild bruising should not cause a discharge.

Hopefully she will be able to be seen right away!

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (7525 views)

Vet care discount for seniors. My cat vomited today(29.10.10) and she is in a quite bad mood, i want to get a check... (9749 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (51076 views)

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (11263 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (18789 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (9005 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (27882 views)

Cat fell from the balcony. HI,Please,i Know i Didnt paid you! But i dont have credit card,and i think my cat... (9688 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (16864 views)

Not sure if first shots done. I just bought a 7 week old pomeranian from a local family. They told me he has had... (35559 views)