Dog's eye blue and purple.

Breed: pit-lab mix
hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt think much of it but today it has taken up half her eye and now her eye has started to turn blue,purple and white she has alot of white discharge coming out and i dont know what to do please tell me options and what it is that my dog has as far as i can tell she can still see but barely she ran into the wall a few minuites ago please help me

Sorry to hear that Annebell is having problems with her eye. This sounds like a situation where she needs to be seen by a vet right away. Any time there could be damage to an eye it is an emergency.

There are a few things that can cause these symptoms. It's possible that she has had some trauma to her eye. It could be that she has punctured her cornea (the front of her eye). If this happens then this is definitely an emergency.

Any sort of mild bruising should not cause a discharge.

Hopefully she will be able to be seen right away!

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (36154 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (8699 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (15286 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (29471 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (7437 views)

Rimadyl and liver problems. Hi Dr. Marie Last night my dog sustained some type of injury to himself while... (8049 views)

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (16405 views)

Arsenic in Rawhides? I've given my dogs rawhides for years with no problems--usually 1-2/day. They enjoy... (6910 views)

Small pink lump on back. My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have... (11384 views)

Bleeding after biopsy. My dog has been diagnosed with Cancer(hemangiosarcoma). The tiny hole were we... (12605 views)