Dog's eye blue and purple.

Breed: pit-lab mix
hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt think much of it but today it has taken up half her eye and now her eye has started to turn blue,purple and white she has alot of white discharge coming out and i dont know what to do please tell me options and what it is that my dog has as far as i can tell she can still see but barely she ran into the wall a few minuites ago please help me

Sorry to hear that Annebell is having problems with her eye. This sounds like a situation where she needs to be seen by a vet right away. Any time there could be damage to an eye it is an emergency.

There are a few things that can cause these symptoms. It's possible that she has had some trauma to her eye. It could be that she has punctured her cornea (the front of her eye). If this happens then this is definitely an emergency.

Any sort of mild bruising should not cause a discharge.

Hopefully she will be able to be seen right away!

Swollen throat. over night my dogs thropat and cheeks have swallon really bad (looks like a hamster... (22260 views)

Basset Hound whining. My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints... (8774 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (50162 views)

Pea sized lump. Hi Dr. This morning I noticed a pea-sized lump on one of Max's ribs on the left... (56889 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (14021 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (10825 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (12707 views)

Patellar luxation surgery for pomeranian? Hi, How necessary is it to have surgery on a 2 year old Pomeranian's back legs to... (5753 views)

Thumping back legs. My cat started throwing up Sunday. Yesterday he started thumping his back feet and... (20707 views)

Genetic defects in a puppy. my dog has tapeworms and she gave birth to four puppies.one was born really skinny... (10022 views)