Praziquantal safe in pregnancy?

Breed: domestic shorthair
She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have seen by her rear in the fur what looks like a piece of tan rice but not as long as a grain of rice. They are hard but I am able to crush them. I do believe she is pregnant so I didn't want to give her any wormer. Is it safe to give her wormer if she is pregnant?

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Recommended Tapeworm Medications for Cats

It sounds like what you are seeing is tapeworm segments.

Tapeworms are usually treated with a drug called praziquantel.

Praziquantel is safe to use in pregnancy.

You can get this from your veterinarian, or you can buy praziquantal online.

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (10819 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (4857 views)

Dog died after having diarrhea. My dog Dott is a small Aussie mix, weighing about 28 lbs. She is normally very... (25297 views)

Liver cancer questions. My dog Penny was on trilo for Cushings - Dec 2010- then she went into Addisons went... (6561 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (8537 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (12439 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (21523 views)

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (6443 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (10828 views)

Metacam safe for dogs? Hi, We have a 2 year old Lab mix from the local shelter. We adopted him as a puppy... (13478 views)