Praziquantal safe in pregnancy?

Breed: domestic shorthair
She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have seen by her rear in the fur what looks like a piece of tan rice but not as long as a grain of rice. They are hard but I am able to crush them. I do believe she is pregnant so I didn't want to give her any wormer. Is it safe to give her wormer if she is pregnant?

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Recommended Tapeworm Medications for Cats

It sounds like what you are seeing is tapeworm segments.

Tapeworms are usually treated with a drug called praziquantel.

Praziquantel is safe to use in pregnancy.

You can get this from your veterinarian, or you can buy praziquantal online.

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (4897 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (10905 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (32296 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (23072 views)

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (7530 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (6634 views)

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (25580 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (6098 views)

Dog ate toy. Yes, he's at it again. Last night, 9 pm, I bought him a toy penguine to chew on.... (112808 views)

Lethargic dog. The last 3 days, Duke has become very lethargic, laying around and just sleeping. ... (30040 views)