Praziquantal safe in pregnancy?

Breed: domestic shorthair
She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have seen by her rear in the fur what looks like a piece of tan rice but not as long as a grain of rice. They are hard but I am able to crush them. I do believe she is pregnant so I didn't want to give her any wormer. Is it safe to give her wormer if she is pregnant?

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Recommended Tapeworm Medications for Cats

It sounds like what you are seeing is tapeworm segments.

Tapeworms are usually treated with a drug called praziquantel.

Praziquantel is safe to use in pregnancy.

You can get this from your veterinarian, or you can buy praziquantal online.

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (8568 views)

Dog eats my underwear. This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine... (38719 views)

Swollen nipple. I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to... (25811 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (7515 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (14590 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (20586 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (542827 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (20326 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (6456 views)

Ivermectin toxicity? Help! I think that I am accidentally poisoning my boy 4 year old by giving him... (16141 views)