Praziquantal safe in pregnancy?

Breed: domestic shorthair
She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have seen by her rear in the fur what looks like a piece of tan rice but not as long as a grain of rice. They are hard but I am able to crush them. I do believe she is pregnant so I didn't want to give her any wormer. Is it safe to give her wormer if she is pregnant?

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Recommended Tapeworm Medications for Cats

It sounds like what you are seeing is tapeworm segments.

Tapeworms are usually treated with a drug called praziquantel.

Praziquantel is safe to use in pregnancy.

You can get this from your veterinarian, or you can buy praziquantal online.

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (21056 views)

Not eating or drinking because lonely? i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her... (8899 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (12497 views)

Cat not eating. Hello, Dr. Haynes - My cat Simon doesn't seem to be eating or drinking very much... (52046 views)

Guinea pig with mammary tumor. what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!... (13724 views)

In pain after anal gland surgery. my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has... (9084 views)

Bumps around anus. Itchiness and swollen bumps "cauliflower" looking around her vagina and anus. She... (56069 views)

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (24229 views)

Light colored diarrhea. Yesterday my husband and I purchased our new family addition and his brother. Last... (34584 views)

MacuGuard Ocular Support My 13 year-old, 16lbs, Poodle toy is on the Royal Canin Satiety Support, as... (6585 views)