Praziquantal safe in pregnancy?

Breed: domestic shorthair
She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have seen by her rear in the fur what looks like a piece of tan rice but not as long as a grain of rice. They are hard but I am able to crush them. I do believe she is pregnant so I didn't want to give her any wormer. Is it safe to give her wormer if she is pregnant?

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Recommended Tapeworm Medications for Cats

It sounds like what you are seeing is tapeworm segments.

Tapeworms are usually treated with a drug called praziquantel.

Praziquantel is safe to use in pregnancy.

You can get this from your veterinarian, or you can buy praziquantal online.

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (16705 views)

Sudden death. My 3-yr old robust, healthy male house cat suddenly dropped dead in the middle of... (22126 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, My puppy won't eat and has a soft mushy stool. I just got him Yesterday. Could... (8828 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (18113 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7963 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (36462 views)

Guinea pig not eating. Hello, I have a 3 year old guinea pig who has stopped eating. Last week I... (7493 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (31174 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (12793 views)

Dog ate chicken bones. PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What... (143383 views)