Eye closed in hamster.

Breed: Robo Dwarf Hamster
My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with him and never have been. He is active and eating. And since he has had the one eye closed he has been more inclined to go towards a hand in his cage. He never goes near people. He seems very healthy except for the fact that his left eye won't open. He does not seem in pain, though. What does it mean and what should I do for him?
Oh and there is no gunk around his eye or anything like a fluid. Its just like the one eye is sleeping all the time. And It has been going on for a while now. Well, at least that is what I am thinking because I noticed the new behavior a while ago, but the eye I noticed a few days ago and thought it was because I had just woken him up and put new food in. But it is still like that today, which by the time you get this was 4-7 days ago.
Thank you for you time and help,
Lauren and Mr. Roboto

Sorry to hear that Mr. Roboto is having problems.

There are a few things that could cause this.

It is possible that Mr. Roboto has scratched his eye. If so, he would need medication prescribed by the vet in order to heal from this.

An eye infection is possible as well.

Hamsters can sometimes be prone to getting infections or abscesses on their face. If there was a facial abscess that was causing some swelling it it possible that the swelling is keeping the eye closed.

It sounds to me though that he may have damaged or scratched it.

I always recommend a vet visit when it comes to eye problems.

I hope he does ok!

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (5008 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (11609 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (17461 views)

Is my dog pregnant? my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and... (13944 views)

Cut on ear. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog was attacked by a collie two days ago. They were just... (33623 views)

Lump on Rottweiler's leg. Dear Dr Marie Recently, I notice my dog has a lump or growth(white round bumpy... (13747 views)

Dog died at the vet's A couple weeks ago I noticed our dog Gauge was straining to urinate but couldnt. I... (8252 views)

Yellow skin and then died. today my kitten who was a week old and a day past away but when i found him his... (6234 views)

Painful after grooming. My dog, Codey (6 yr old rescue cockapoo) went to the groomer yesterday to get... (15861 views)

Red bumps on belly. My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his... (12509 views)