Eye closed in hamster.

Breed: Robo Dwarf Hamster
My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with him and never have been. He is active and eating. And since he has had the one eye closed he has been more inclined to go towards a hand in his cage. He never goes near people. He seems very healthy except for the fact that his left eye won't open. He does not seem in pain, though. What does it mean and what should I do for him?
Oh and there is no gunk around his eye or anything like a fluid. Its just like the one eye is sleeping all the time. And It has been going on for a while now. Well, at least that is what I am thinking because I noticed the new behavior a while ago, but the eye I noticed a few days ago and thought it was because I had just woken him up and put new food in. But it is still like that today, which by the time you get this was 4-7 days ago.
Thank you for you time and help,
Lauren and Mr. Roboto

Sorry to hear that Mr. Roboto is having problems.

There are a few things that could cause this.

It is possible that Mr. Roboto has scratched his eye. If so, he would need medication prescribed by the vet in order to heal from this.

An eye infection is possible as well.

Hamsters can sometimes be prone to getting infections or abscesses on their face. If there was a facial abscess that was causing some swelling it it possible that the swelling is keeping the eye closed.

It sounds to me though that he may have damaged or scratched it.

I always recommend a vet visit when it comes to eye problems.

I hope he does ok!

Vomited up chew toy. My dog had diarrhea and threw up last night. She's crated at night and when I got... (19623 views)

Myasthenia gravis I am grieving the loss of my beloved companion who was euthanized on May 18, 2011.... (21608 views)

Megacolon. my cat has megacolon.we give him lactulose 1 1/2 oz 2 times a day & cisapride 1 ml 2... (9807 views)

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (15045 views)

Dog on You Don't Mess with the Zohan. ok im very stressed what type of dog is on the movie You Don't Mess With The Zohan?... (14160 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (12567 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (5742 views)

Brian tumor? Two months ago, my dog had his first seizure ever. He was taking Gabapentin (disc... (6379 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (35681 views)

Ear problems in a cat. I adopted my cat Fudge from a shelter when he was 9. He came with a host of... (10326 views)