Dog can't poop.

Breed: cant booboo
okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo she can pee but cant booboo is she tries she cries and run and hide what does this mean and what is it

Hi there. I am assuming you are saying that your dog is having a hard time defecating (pooping)?

This is a very unusual problem for an 8 month old dog. If she is unable to defecate it may be that there is a foreign object in her intestines.

It could also be that she has an abscess or infection in her anal glands which sit on either side of the anus.

I have also seen animals that have gotten feces stuck to their anus and are unable to poop until that is removed.

If she is unable to defecate then Mariah definitely needs to see a vet.

I hope she is ok.

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (6700 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (6827 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (10657 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (7437 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (9849 views)

Mass in cat's chest? Hello, My cat, a sterilized indoor-living Japanese Bobtail, is now 4 years old... (18148 views)

Dog skin allergies. My 4 year old English Setter ( house dog and hunter) recently came down with ear... (7843 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (173902 views)

Itchy and meowing. Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's... (6257 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (32268 views)