Dog can't poop.

Breed: cant booboo
okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo she can pee but cant booboo is she tries she cries and run and hide what does this mean and what is it

Hi there. I am assuming you are saying that your dog is having a hard time defecating (pooping)?

This is a very unusual problem for an 8 month old dog. If she is unable to defecate it may be that there is a foreign object in her intestines.

It could also be that she has an abscess or infection in her anal glands which sit on either side of the anus.

I have also seen animals that have gotten feces stuck to their anus and are unable to poop until that is removed.

If she is unable to defecate then Mariah definitely needs to see a vet.

I hope she is ok.

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (16857 views)

Vomiting kittens. I have two kittens, 6 mo. today. Both have received all vaccinations/shots. We had... (15054 views)

Lump with open sores. Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds... (27631 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (40223 views)

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (7934 views)

Blood in urine. I have taken my dog to 2 vets, and had numerous tests. I noticed she was peeing... (4712 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (11911 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (5131 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (6392 views)

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (9932 views)