Dog can't poop.

Breed: cant booboo
okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo she can pee but cant booboo is she tries she cries and run and hide what does this mean and what is it

Hi there. I am assuming you are saying that your dog is having a hard time defecating (pooping)?

This is a very unusual problem for an 8 month old dog. If she is unable to defecate it may be that there is a foreign object in her intestines.

It could also be that she has an abscess or infection in her anal glands which sit on either side of the anus.

I have also seen animals that have gotten feces stuck to their anus and are unable to poop until that is removed.

If she is unable to defecate then Mariah definitely needs to see a vet.

I hope she is ok.

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (8830 views)

Cyst on dog? My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her... (7857 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (6496 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (33826 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (14692 views)

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (9048 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (4590 views)

Dachshund not feeling well. Dr, We have a new baby girl and Primo has slept in our bed since he was a puppy,... (9490 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (12725 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. I have a 4mo old kitten who has had diarrhea 2 days and threw up last night. No... (5982 views)