Dog can't poop.

Breed: cant booboo
okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo she can pee but cant booboo is she tries she cries and run and hide what does this mean and what is it

Hi there. I am assuming you are saying that your dog is having a hard time defecating (pooping)?

This is a very unusual problem for an 8 month old dog. If she is unable to defecate it may be that there is a foreign object in her intestines.

It could also be that she has an abscess or infection in her anal glands which sit on either side of the anus.

I have also seen animals that have gotten feces stuck to their anus and are unable to poop until that is removed.

If she is unable to defecate then Mariah definitely needs to see a vet.

I hope she is ok.

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (8152 views)

Inverted vulva and puppy vaginitis. I have purchased a Golden Retriever to be used as a new dog for breeding. She is... (42215 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (6860 views)

Lump on paw pad. Hi Dr. Marie! Baileys is a patient of yours at Beechwood Animal Hospital. We were... (44713 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (18290 views)

Is Tropiclean safe? Dear Dr. Marie: Hello! I am writing to ask about giving a water additive to my... (18686 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (15019 views)

Weight loss in cat. My cat use to be really overweight. About a year ago he started to get sick a lot... (7507 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (10978 views)

cat with trouble breathing I have a cat named Bunny, she is about 4 or 5 years old, she is a little over... (24964 views)