Dog ate a grape.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
Hi,

My 2 year old miniature schnauzer ate a red seedless grape about 20 minutes ago.
I know they can be toxic and cause kidney damage,
so what can i do to help him?
will he be ok?
thank-you,

Lily xx

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Are grapes bad for dogs?

Here is a previously answered question that will likely help:

Grape toxicity in dogs.

That question is primarily about raisins, but the answer is the same as for grapes.

Can I give my dog aspirin? Can I give her a low dose(81mg) aspirin to help with I think a pulled muscle? It... (23614 views)

Pancreatitis and HGE. I had my Cooper put to sleep 3 weeks ago today. On the Monday before, he vomited... (32146 views)

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (6460 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (65211 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (67566 views)

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (9927 views)

Cancer or hairball? Mama Kitty has a lower abdomen mass. She is 5 lbs. The vet suspects cancer, although... (12196 views)

Advil for arthritis? Can you give advil or store brand anti-inflammatories for arthritis or do you have... (14421 views)

Kidney problem or diabetes? Hi Dr Marie, Hicks is 17 years old now. Still moderately active. 2 years ago, she... (3787 views)

Painful erection My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10... (17968 views)