Dog ate a grape.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
Hi,

My 2 year old miniature schnauzer ate a red seedless grape about 20 minutes ago.
I know they can be toxic and cause kidney damage,
so what can i do to help him?
will he be ok?
thank-you,

Lily xx

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Are grapes bad for dogs?

Here is a previously answered question that will likely help:

Grape toxicity in dogs.

That question is primarily about raisins, but the answer is the same as for grapes.

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (11539 views)

Achilles tendon problems in cat. Chloe recently started walking with her heel down to the ground on the right side(2... (11269 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (10349 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (19602 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (9110 views)

Bald spot on cat's tail. By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back?... (5910 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (14163 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (59379 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (23264 views)

Cancerous growth in dog's mouth? Hi, I have just spotted a growth in my dogs mouth. What does mouth cancer look like... (13769 views)