Can dogs eat carrots?

Breed: poodle x shitzu
hi
i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a poodle. why does when ever my dog sees the rabbit getting a carrot he beggs for one too. today i gave him a carrot and he ate the whole THING!

Carrots are safe for dogs to eat! There is no danger in giving carrots to your dog.

I had a patient once, a yellow lab, who ate 1-2 pounds of carrots a day. This dog had an orange tint to his skin, but otherwise had no problems.

Carrots do contain vitamin A. However, the type of vitamin A in carrots is not toxic to dogs.

So, go ahead and feed carrots to your dog. They are a great treat!

Stopped Rimadyl because dog is sick. I thought we could have a back and forth conversation? Oh well Aussie aprx 12... (22260 views)

Lump on boxer's neck. Hi, My six yr. old female boxer has a large AA egg size growth below the right tmj... (47882 views)

Heart enlargement? Hi I have a female terrier dog, Fido and she is 9 years old. Couple of months ago my... (4570 views)

Puppy has soft stools. Background: Junior is a rescue. My first dog ever. I got him about 1 month ago,... (6821 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (5408 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (38951 views)

Tapazole not working. Miss Kitty who is spayed and about 13 yrs old (we rescued her) was recently... (6991 views)

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (12435 views)

Both dogs having seizures I have 2 dogs. Molly the mixbreed started acting strange about a week ago. not... (9738 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (7072 views)