Can dogs eat carrots?

Breed: poodle x shitzu
hi
i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a poodle. why does when ever my dog sees the rabbit getting a carrot he beggs for one too. today i gave him a carrot and he ate the whole THING!

Carrots are safe for dogs to eat! There is no danger in giving carrots to your dog.

I had a patient once, a yellow lab, who ate 1-2 pounds of carrots a day. This dog had an orange tint to his skin, but otherwise had no problems.

Carrots do contain vitamin A. However, the type of vitamin A in carrots is not toxic to dogs.

So, go ahead and feed carrots to your dog. They are a great treat!

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (15475 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (14128 views)

Dog spay incision lump. My dog has a lump under her spay incision. I adopted Tiaa from a rescue group a... (137763 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (12857 views)

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (70253 views)

Remove baby teeth with spay? Hello, My wife's puppy is 9 months old. she weighs 3.6 pounds. She needs to get... (14560 views)

Facial lymph nodes on a dog. My puppy has a lump under each eye. Almost like a gland. I have no clue, maybe tumor... (25375 views)

Prozac for submissive peeing? My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also... (9133 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (13550 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (14634 views)