Can dogs eat carrots?

Breed: poodle x shitzu
hi
i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a poodle. why does when ever my dog sees the rabbit getting a carrot he beggs for one too. today i gave him a carrot and he ate the whole THING!

Carrots are safe for dogs to eat! There is no danger in giving carrots to your dog.

I had a patient once, a yellow lab, who ate 1-2 pounds of carrots a day. This dog had an orange tint to his skin, but otherwise had no problems.

Carrots do contain vitamin A. However, the type of vitamin A in carrots is not toxic to dogs.

So, go ahead and feed carrots to your dog. They are a great treat!

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (11320 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (20450 views)

Painful erection My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10... (28213 views)

Blood in urine. I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am. I have just noticed while... (12117 views)

Heartworm treatment. Sam was a rescue, we believe that he is a little over two years old and a pit / lab... (8990 views)

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (12749 views)

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (10287 views)

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (10562 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (17322 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old dachshund. She consumed 2 and 1/2 pieces of... (14465 views)