Cat peeing on the carpet.

Breed: N/A
My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical problems, she has also been spayed. I was wondering is there a way to get her to stop and how can i get the smell and stain out that is safe? I have a 6 month old baby that crawls around on the floor so this is a major problem for me.

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is such a common question that I have created a whole page to discuss it.

Click here to read more about why a cat would urinate in the house.

Regarding getting the stain out, there are a great number of products on the market. What I have found works best is to find an industrial supplier of the products that nursing homes use to clean mattresses that are soiled by incontinent people. You can buy it as a spray and it works well.

I hope the article helps!

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (15914 views)

Problems after ear cleaning. I took my cat to the vet about three weeks ago to his ears flushed out because he... (11720 views)

Coughing older dog. Parker is a slightly smaller than average Wheaten mix who has been overweight most... (6173 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (7071 views)

Stimulus sensitive seizures. Hello, My dog is part pomerainean and part something else. He is about 25lbs. He is... (19639 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (12882 views)

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (5637 views)

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (6290 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (15690 views)

Vomiting yellow liquid. Maynard has been vomiting up yellowish urine colored liquid a few time in the last... (9087 views)