Cat peeing on the carpet.

Breed: N/A
My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical problems, she has also been spayed. I was wondering is there a way to get her to stop and how can i get the smell and stain out that is safe? I have a 6 month old baby that crawls around on the floor so this is a major problem for me.

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is such a common question that I have created a whole page to discuss it.

Click here to read more about why a cat would urinate in the house.

Regarding getting the stain out, there are a great number of products on the market. What I have found works best is to find an industrial supplier of the products that nursing homes use to clean mattresses that are soiled by incontinent people. You can buy it as a spray and it works well.

I hope the article helps!

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (15592 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (8749 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (9479 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (7240 views)

Dog ate grapes. My dog ate 3 grapes! My son gave them to him about 2-3 hours ago. Are grapes... (12436 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (72766 views)

Seizures in a Yorkie. This past Monday she had an episode where she went limp and wasn't responsive to her... (22193 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (5736 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (9643 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (74790 views)