Cat peeing on the carpet.

Breed: N/A
My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical problems, she has also been spayed. I was wondering is there a way to get her to stop and how can i get the smell and stain out that is safe? I have a 6 month old baby that crawls around on the floor so this is a major problem for me.

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is such a common question that I have created a whole page to discuss it.

Click here to read more about why a cat would urinate in the house.

Regarding getting the stain out, there are a great number of products on the market. What I have found works best is to find an industrial supplier of the products that nursing homes use to clean mattresses that are soiled by incontinent people. You can buy it as a spray and it works well.

I hope the article helps!

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (9606 views)

Itchy legs. Kirsty was diagnosed with a skin allergey just after one year which has been... (4731 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (10712 views)

Bad breath he has bad breath is there a way to look after it without the vet... (7416 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (15964 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (5055 views)

Vomiting and elevated liver enzymes. Hi Dr. Marie, I don't know the appropriate name for my dog's breed, but I have... (23833 views)

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (19108 views)

Do dogs sweat? Zoe, our chow mix, never pants. When our other dogs, after playtime, are laying... (7368 views)

Rash on belly. My 15 month old pit bull/great dane mix has recently started developing a "bruise"... (50077 views)