Cat peeing on the carpet.

Breed: N/A
My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical problems, she has also been spayed. I was wondering is there a way to get her to stop and how can i get the smell and stain out that is safe? I have a 6 month old baby that crawls around on the floor so this is a major problem for me.

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is such a common question that I have created a whole page to discuss it.

Click here to read more about why a cat would urinate in the house.

Regarding getting the stain out, there are a great number of products on the market. What I have found works best is to find an industrial supplier of the products that nursing homes use to clean mattresses that are soiled by incontinent people. You can buy it as a spray and it works well.

I hope the article helps!

Foods unsafe for dogs? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I have given him human food his... (11303 views)

Older cat not eating. Hi.I have had my cat for approximately. She has been sick and has lost a lot of... (28214 views)

Panting at night on steroids. my 12 year old black lab is on steroids for an auto immune disease and the medicine... (9626 views)

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (10854 views)

Blood in puppy's poo. Hi Dr Marie. We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we... (8366 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (30700 views)

Dog has smelly ears. hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come... (8461 views)

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (26985 views)

Dog has lost her voice. What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to... (17707 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (13280 views)