Cat peeing on the carpet.

Breed: N/A
My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical problems, she has also been spayed. I was wondering is there a way to get her to stop and how can i get the smell and stain out that is safe? I have a 6 month old baby that crawls around on the floor so this is a major problem for me.

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is such a common question that I have created a whole page to discuss it.

Click here to read more about why a cat would urinate in the house.

Regarding getting the stain out, there are a great number of products on the market. What I have found works best is to find an industrial supplier of the products that nursing homes use to clean mattresses that are soiled by incontinent people. You can buy it as a spray and it works well.

I hope the article helps!

Tapeworm contagious? I have a 3-4 yr old Siamese cat named Vincent....I got him from a shelter as a... (25536 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (50520 views)

Why did dog die? My dog, Runway, died suddenly early sunday morning, at about 1:00am. I am wondering... (11847 views)

Is my dog overweight? Can you please tell me what weight Lady should be? She is now 24kg, is this a good... (6033 views)

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (8854 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (5345 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (8261 views)

Treatments for IBD in dogs. My dog has IBD, biopsy diagnosis. Tested feb 2010 mild fib rising lymphocytic... (11643 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (8731 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (20501 views)