Cat peeing on the carpet.

Breed: N/A
My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical problems, she has also been spayed. I was wondering is there a way to get her to stop and how can i get the smell and stain out that is safe? I have a 6 month old baby that crawls around on the floor so this is a major problem for me.

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is such a common question that I have created a whole page to discuss it.

Click here to read more about why a cat would urinate in the house.

Regarding getting the stain out, there are a great number of products on the market. What I have found works best is to find an industrial supplier of the products that nursing homes use to clean mattresses that are soiled by incontinent people. You can buy it as a spray and it works well.

I hope the article helps!

Pooping in house. I got my dog Clyde on June 25, 2012. He is a 4 year-old Lhasa. His previous owners... (8226 views)

Lump on paw pad. Hi Dr. Marie! Baileys is a patient of yours at Beechwood Animal Hospital. We were... (36042 views)

Elevated kidney enzymes. I brought my dog, Trixie (10 year old Shih Tzu) in this morning for her yearly... (10471 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (58691 views)

Does my cat have cancer? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 3rd time writing to... (11158 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (12096 views)

I'm out of prednisone. Sammy has been on 2.5mg of prednisone per day for the past two years for... (12826 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (32819 views)

Lipoma on a dog. Hi Dr. Laurie, You gave me such great advice on my cat Bobo, I'm writing about my... (4574 views)

Can dogs take human antibiotics? Can dogs take human antibiotics or triple creams for... (11579 views)