Bitch searching for dead puppies.

Breed: papillon
my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead now. we took them away, now it seems like shes serching for them and in distress. how can i help her?

Oh I am sorry to hear that the puppies died.

It is very sad to see a mom who is searching for her pups after losing them.

You may want to consider giving her a puppy sized stuffed toy. There are pros and cons to this. For some dogs this can be quite comforting and the presence of the toy will help to numb the pain of the loss.

However, sometimes this is not so good to do. Some bitches will become very attached to the toy and become aggressive when anyone tries to touch it. Additionally, giving her the toy may actually prolong the grieving period.

Personally, if this were my client I would be advising to do nothing other than to spend lots of time with Tiny and keep her as active as possible. Her sadness should not last long.

If she seems really anxious you can talk to your vet about anti-anxiety medication. However, it is quite rare that a dog needs this.

I hope she feels better soon.

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (12187 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (29150 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (6664 views)

Dog eats cat poop. I've caught my dog eating out of our kitten's litter box twice in the past two days.... (13539 views)

Cyst on dog? My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her... (4278 views)

Bleeding anal glands. My dog has been having blood drip from his rear. My vet has expressed his anal... (6615 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (9185 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (24053 views)

Intestinal lymphoma. Hello Dr. Marie Our Jack Russell/Pug mixed breed dog Charlie is 6 yrs old and has... (12679 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (56646 views)