Bitch searching for dead puppies.

Breed: papillon
my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead now. we took them away, now it seems like shes serching for them and in distress. how can i help her?

Oh I am sorry to hear that the puppies died.

It is very sad to see a mom who is searching for her pups after losing them.

You may want to consider giving her a puppy sized stuffed toy. There are pros and cons to this. For some dogs this can be quite comforting and the presence of the toy will help to numb the pain of the loss.

However, sometimes this is not so good to do. Some bitches will become very attached to the toy and become aggressive when anyone tries to touch it. Additionally, giving her the toy may actually prolong the grieving period.

Personally, if this were my client I would be advising to do nothing other than to spend lots of time with Tiny and keep her as active as possible. Her sadness should not last long.

If she seems really anxious you can talk to your vet about anti-anxiety medication. However, it is quite rare that a dog needs this.

I hope she feels better soon.

Itchy face and ears. Abbey has been itching her neck face ears area ive stopped with dog treats changed... (10648 views)

How to remove stitches Hi Thanks for the feedback last week. Your advice saved our dogs life. Ok we... (24196 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (8470 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (7490 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (12598 views)

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (25121 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (4920 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (4513 views)

Swollen face after tooth removal. Two months ago, Chuck (our elderly dog who's become more and more aggressive when... (23563 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (9491 views)