Lesions on foot pads.

Breed: black cat
my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over her body alot of the scabs have healed but the feet will not and just seem to get worse

Oh, it sounds like a vet visit is in order.

When cats are getting skin lesions on their foot pads it makes me concerned about a serious autoimmune condition such as pemphigus.

It is also possible that these are burns (ie. from stepping on something hot) but this is less likely.

Your vet will have a look and likely will want to do a biopsy to determine what is going on. Autoimmune conditions can usually be treated but they can often need lifelong treatment.

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (11878 views)

Poop is sometimes solid, sometimes soft. Hi Dr Marie, I'm not sure if this is even an issue. Max poops first thing in... (135109 views)

How long for Frontline to work An older cat has been living under my porch for a while. I am interested in bringing... (11278 views)

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (11370 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (10369 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (5977 views)

Dog jealous over owner. My female dog is 2 years old. She's a black lab. She had puppies and my boyfriend... (23257 views)

Feeding chicken liver to dogs. I feed Petey a high quality dry dog food in the morning, but I enjoy cooking his... (69114 views)

Spiders toxic to cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Hope things are well. I had what amounts to a common question but... (15504 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (11576 views)