Lesions on foot pads.

Breed: black cat
my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over her body alot of the scabs have healed but the feet will not and just seem to get worse

Oh, it sounds like a vet visit is in order.

When cats are getting skin lesions on their foot pads it makes me concerned about a serious autoimmune condition such as pemphigus.

It is also possible that these are burns (ie. from stepping on something hot) but this is less likely.

Your vet will have a look and likely will want to do a biopsy to determine what is going on. Autoimmune conditions can usually be treated but they can often need lifelong treatment.

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (46845 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (11663 views)

Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats. Hello, I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of ... (9024 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (16460 views)

Milo's chicken jerky safety? Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm concerned about the chicken... (8780 views)

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (9959 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (14458 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (6976 views)

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (17099 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (5244 views)