Lesions on foot pads.

Breed: black cat
my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over her body alot of the scabs have healed but the feet will not and just seem to get worse

Oh, it sounds like a vet visit is in order.

When cats are getting skin lesions on their foot pads it makes me concerned about a serious autoimmune condition such as pemphigus.

It is also possible that these are burns (ie. from stepping on something hot) but this is less likely.

Your vet will have a look and likely will want to do a biopsy to determine what is going on. Autoimmune conditions can usually be treated but they can often need lifelong treatment.

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (31399 views)

Slimy white stuff in urine. Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in... (33157 views)

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (9857 views)

Bump on eye. Dear Dr. Marie, I am writing about my 3-year-old Australian Cattle Dog, Bruce.... (14535 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (28330 views)

Kitten died. Hello I work at the humane society. We recently adopted out a 13 week old long... (11495 views)

Bobcat with lump. Hi,I was wondering about my bobcat mix... He is 3 mo old ..we found him when he was... (10303 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (10482 views)

sexing a cat WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it... (11205 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (134965 views)