Lesions on foot pads.

Breed: black cat
my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over her body alot of the scabs have healed but the feet will not and just seem to get worse

Oh, it sounds like a vet visit is in order.

When cats are getting skin lesions on their foot pads it makes me concerned about a serious autoimmune condition such as pemphigus.

It is also possible that these are burns (ie. from stepping on something hot) but this is less likely.

Your vet will have a look and likely will want to do a biopsy to determine what is going on. Autoimmune conditions can usually be treated but they can often need lifelong treatment.

Lab is not eating. my dog is a labrador retriever and about 9 years old. he was a solid eater and never... (8245 views)

Can't walk, dehydrated puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously... (16830 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (9871 views)

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (22294 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (25851 views)

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (8844 views)

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (5962 views)

Liver shunt or MVD Hello Dr. Maria. I have a 6 month old male Dachshund. He went in to get a neuter... (14658 views)

What kind of dog to get? My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new... (7845 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (11784 views)