Lesions on foot pads.

Breed: black cat
my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over her body alot of the scabs have healed but the feet will not and just seem to get worse

Oh, it sounds like a vet visit is in order.

When cats are getting skin lesions on their foot pads it makes me concerned about a serious autoimmune condition such as pemphigus.

It is also possible that these are burns (ie. from stepping on something hot) but this is less likely.

Your vet will have a look and likely will want to do a biopsy to determine what is going on. Autoimmune conditions can usually be treated but they can often need lifelong treatment.

Black stuff in cat's ears. Hi Dr. Marie. My cat Thelma (who happens to be male and nearly 15) has had an issue... (38181 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (10175 views)

Trifexis overdose. My dog ate 4 tablets of Trifexis today. He seems a little quieter than usual. ... (72827 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (15128 views)

Heart murmur in puppy. Does this sound like a "normal" heart for a 10 week old Chihuahua pup? I know it's... (7811 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (8437 views)

Should I do these tests? I have two shih tzu's from the same litter. They were born on 1/29/09, so they are... (17717 views)

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (18502 views)

Lethargic and following me around. Hi, My dog Harley is 3 yrs old. Starting 2 days ago he hasn't been acting like... (14662 views)

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (24836 views)