Lesions on foot pads.

Breed: black cat
my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over her body alot of the scabs have healed but the feet will not and just seem to get worse

Oh, it sounds like a vet visit is in order.

When cats are getting skin lesions on their foot pads it makes me concerned about a serious autoimmune condition such as pemphigus.

It is also possible that these are burns (ie. from stepping on something hot) but this is less likely.

Your vet will have a look and likely will want to do a biopsy to determine what is going on. Autoimmune conditions can usually be treated but they can often need lifelong treatment.

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (17438 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 10 week old OES pup, male. He is in good weight, healthy... (15520 views)

Limping Dog. Yesterday, my dog started limping & avoiding putting any weight on his right hind... (25509 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (14111 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (23061 views)

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (9771 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (14165 views)

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (9283 views)

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (48575 views)

Dog pees on the furniture. Rusty is a reserve rescue dog we have had since this summer. He is an absolute joy... (7460 views)