Peeing on walls.

Breed: American Bobtail
Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls. After we got a 4 month old kitten, she started spraying walls and the smell is horrible. She pees on every wall and won't stop. What can I do to stop her habit of spraying on the walls??

When a cat is peeing int he house this can be a frustrating problem!

The first thing I can recommend is to have your vet check a urine sample to be sure there is no medical reason for her doing this behavior. If she has an infection, crystals, a stone or a condition called interstitial cystitis your vet can prescribe medication that will help.

If it is behavioral (i.e. because of the new cat) there are a few things that may help:

-have a total of 3 litter boxes
-get new litter boxes in case there are old ones that are holding odors
-remove covers from litter boxes
-experiment with different types of litter
-keep the litter boxes REALLY clean
-use a product called feliway to help reduce anxiety in the house.

If these things are not working you can talk to your vet about prescribing some anti-anxiety medications which can also help as well.

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (92650 views)

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (19944 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (31722 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (12205 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (36562 views)

Dog is losing weight. I have a 7yr old larger sized min pin. Had her fixed at 1yrs old and she has always... (10461 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (12164 views)

Puppy with bald spots. Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing... (8681 views)

Head tremors and clingy dog. For the first time in 12 years my dog has started following me around obsessively... (9179 views)

IVDD in dog. My dog Basil woke up this morning and would not jump off of the bed, go down steps,... (12768 views)