Peeing on walls.

Breed: American Bobtail
Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls. After we got a 4 month old kitten, she started spraying walls and the smell is horrible. She pees on every wall and won't stop. What can I do to stop her habit of spraying on the walls??

When a cat is peeing int he house this can be a frustrating problem!

The first thing I can recommend is to have your vet check a urine sample to be sure there is no medical reason for her doing this behavior. If she has an infection, crystals, a stone or a condition called interstitial cystitis your vet can prescribe medication that will help.

If it is behavioral (i.e. because of the new cat) there are a few things that may help:

-have a total of 3 litter boxes
-get new litter boxes in case there are old ones that are holding odors
-remove covers from litter boxes
-experiment with different types of litter
-keep the litter boxes REALLY clean
-use a product called feliway to help reduce anxiety in the house.

If these things are not working you can talk to your vet about prescribing some anti-anxiety medications which can also help as well.

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (11278 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (12311 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (14654 views)

Vomiting all food. My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly... (6881 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (7205 views)

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (11381 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (5503 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (7349 views)

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (9406 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (22613 views)