Peeing on walls.

Breed: American Bobtail
Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls. After we got a 4 month old kitten, she started spraying walls and the smell is horrible. She pees on every wall and won't stop. What can I do to stop her habit of spraying on the walls??

When a cat is peeing int he house this can be a frustrating problem!

The first thing I can recommend is to have your vet check a urine sample to be sure there is no medical reason for her doing this behavior. If she has an infection, crystals, a stone or a condition called interstitial cystitis your vet can prescribe medication that will help.

If it is behavioral (i.e. because of the new cat) there are a few things that may help:

-have a total of 3 litter boxes
-get new litter boxes in case there are old ones that are holding odors
-remove covers from litter boxes
-experiment with different types of litter
-keep the litter boxes REALLY clean
-use a product called feliway to help reduce anxiety in the house.

If these things are not working you can talk to your vet about prescribing some anti-anxiety medications which can also help as well.

Sore after shots. This past Sunday my husband gave our 2 dogs their yearly shots. Our 1 dog is now... (19421 views)

Hamster biting leg Hi Iam a newbe to the whole dwaf hamster thing so I have this six week year old... (13662 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (11523 views)

Prognosis with hemangiosarcoma. i have a dog whose a 7 year old German shepherdand although he has been diagnosed... (11988 views)

Heartworm treatment. Sam was a rescue, we believe that he is a little over two years old and a pit / lab... (6710 views)

Kitten with yellow diarrhea. Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse... (10231 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (32886 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (11604 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (27869 views)

Red bugs on my dog. my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I... (14190 views)