Peeing on walls.

Breed: American Bobtail
Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls. After we got a 4 month old kitten, she started spraying walls and the smell is horrible. She pees on every wall and won't stop. What can I do to stop her habit of spraying on the walls??

When a cat is peeing int he house this can be a frustrating problem!

The first thing I can recommend is to have your vet check a urine sample to be sure there is no medical reason for her doing this behavior. If she has an infection, crystals, a stone or a condition called interstitial cystitis your vet can prescribe medication that will help.

If it is behavioral (i.e. because of the new cat) there are a few things that may help:

-have a total of 3 litter boxes
-get new litter boxes in case there are old ones that are holding odors
-remove covers from litter boxes
-experiment with different types of litter
-keep the litter boxes REALLY clean
-use a product called feliway to help reduce anxiety in the house.

If these things are not working you can talk to your vet about prescribing some anti-anxiety medications which can also help as well.

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (3471 views)

Bruising after blood collection. I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew... (21870 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (11307 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (49456 views)

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (5572 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (12271 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (8256 views)

Horrible euthanasia experience Why was my pets euthanasia a nightmare? I brought my cat Jack in for euthanasia... (7861 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (20191 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (16964 views)