Peeing on walls.

Breed: American Bobtail
Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls. After we got a 4 month old kitten, she started spraying walls and the smell is horrible. She pees on every wall and won't stop. What can I do to stop her habit of spraying on the walls??

When a cat is peeing int he house this can be a frustrating problem!

The first thing I can recommend is to have your vet check a urine sample to be sure there is no medical reason for her doing this behavior. If she has an infection, crystals, a stone or a condition called interstitial cystitis your vet can prescribe medication that will help.

If it is behavioral (i.e. because of the new cat) there are a few things that may help:

-have a total of 3 litter boxes
-get new litter boxes in case there are old ones that are holding odors
-remove covers from litter boxes
-experiment with different types of litter
-keep the litter boxes REALLY clean
-use a product called feliway to help reduce anxiety in the house.

If these things are not working you can talk to your vet about prescribing some anti-anxiety medications which can also help as well.

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (13766 views)

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (27059 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (5430 views)

Dachshund not feeling well. Dr, We have a new baby girl and Primo has slept in our bed since he was a puppy,... (8508 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (73632 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (9677 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (7393 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (5000 views)

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (29658 views)

Spay 10 year old dog? Hello: I adopted a Belgian tervuren 10 months ago. She was already 10 years... (14854 views)