Peeing on walls.

Breed: American Bobtail
Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls. After we got a 4 month old kitten, she started spraying walls and the smell is horrible. She pees on every wall and won't stop. What can I do to stop her habit of spraying on the walls??

When a cat is peeing int he house this can be a frustrating problem!

The first thing I can recommend is to have your vet check a urine sample to be sure there is no medical reason for her doing this behavior. If she has an infection, crystals, a stone or a condition called interstitial cystitis your vet can prescribe medication that will help.

If it is behavioral (i.e. because of the new cat) there are a few things that may help:

-have a total of 3 litter boxes
-get new litter boxes in case there are old ones that are holding odors
-remove covers from litter boxes
-experiment with different types of litter
-keep the litter boxes REALLY clean
-use a product called feliway to help reduce anxiety in the house.

If these things are not working you can talk to your vet about prescribing some anti-anxiety medications which can also help as well.

urinating in the house Dr. Marie, Isabella is a healthy 13 yr old female cat. For a short period we... (7191 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (18895 views)

Submissive urination. Hey Dr.Marie my dog Mya is 1 year and a half but everytime someone picks her up she... (10298 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (20198 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (7642 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (40800 views)

Can a dog adapt to a new home? Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The... (8183 views)

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (20695 views)

Coughing after spay. My cat was spayed 6 days ago. At first she was great.Incision looked great and still... (14200 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (7567 views)