Peeing on walls.

Breed: American Bobtail
Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls. After we got a 4 month old kitten, she started spraying walls and the smell is horrible. She pees on every wall and won't stop. What can I do to stop her habit of spraying on the walls??

When a cat is peeing int he house this can be a frustrating problem!

The first thing I can recommend is to have your vet check a urine sample to be sure there is no medical reason for her doing this behavior. If she has an infection, crystals, a stone or a condition called interstitial cystitis your vet can prescribe medication that will help.

If it is behavioral (i.e. because of the new cat) there are a few things that may help:

-have a total of 3 litter boxes
-get new litter boxes in case there are old ones that are holding odors
-remove covers from litter boxes
-experiment with different types of litter
-keep the litter boxes REALLY clean
-use a product called feliway to help reduce anxiety in the house.

If these things are not working you can talk to your vet about prescribing some anti-anxiety medications which can also help as well.

Vomiting dog Hi Marie, Our dog is a 5 year old Lhasa male (entire).Which we bought to China with... (23424 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (13992 views)

Sheltie leaking urine. We have noticed that my spayed 5 1/2 year female Sheltie has been leaking a little... (14802 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (5395 views)

Cat not eating since new kitten arrived. My cat's behavior has changed quite a bit and won't eat. I will explain when he... (24166 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (8079 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (21180 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (14143 views)

Dog peeing on furniture Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and... (9524 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (10481 views)